• 3(current)
XBMC with ATV2 from OSX Lion Machine
Thewolf Wrote:Great software with Snow Leopard but dose not work with Lion.

I'm sure once lion is released it'll be updated to support it. In any case, anyone who has access to Lion right now should be comfortable with the command line.

As far as command line stuff, it's as simple as it gets setting up nfs.
Software as you said doesnt work with Lion. Does the commands via Terminal work?
ProphetVX Wrote:I'm sure once lion is released it'll be updated to support it. In any case, anyone who has access to Lion right now should be comfortable with the command line.

As far as command line stuff, it's as simple as it gets setting up nfs.

Im gonna give it a try Smile
plus nfs manager is not free.
Thanks for the command lines. Will try soon !
Thewolf Wrote:plus nfs manager is not free.

I said it's shareware, but it's non-expiring, just annoying pop ups from time to time, but I haven't used it in a very long time so that may have changed.
SimonL Wrote:Software as you said doesnt work with Lion. Does the commands via Terminal work?

They should but I don't have lion currently so I can't tell you with 100% certainty. How NFS shares were handled changed after Tiger, but it's pretty much in it's simplest form now so Apple would have no reason to change it.
Thewolf Wrote:You can buy this software http://www.yazsoft.com/products/playback/ not cheap but it works very will with XBMC and you'll be able to connect via UPnP.

Soon as Lion is released i can see this thread going off.

Thanks for acknowledging my original post Wolf...

the tweaked version of SMB isn't implemented yet by XBMC so stop whinging everyone..it'll happen
Yea I grabbed that yazsoft playback since I installed lion and lost smb. Worked great. Everything streaming again. Took two seconds to setup. Thanks for the tip!!!
Thewolf Wrote:You can buy this software http://www.yazsoft.com/products/playback/ not cheap but it works very will with XBMC and you'll be able to connect via UPnP.

Soon as Lion is released i can see this thread going off.

There's free UPnP software for Mac OS X. VLC, Vuse, and even XBMC itself are all free applications that can share files over UPnP.
Covisp Wrote:They are moving to their own implementation WHICH DOES NOT WORK WITH XBMC.

Any attempt to access a open (guest readable) smb share gives an error.

That the case on the Lion GM or are you using an older DP?
<--- Lion GM user here. lion is great so far, except for this bullcrap! i wonder if it's possible to downgrade the SMB/SAMBA component of Lion back to the Snow Leopard component. this sucks.
jd2157 Wrote:That the case on the Lion GM or are you using an older DP?

Thats the case with Lion Gold Master.
atheistp3ace Wrote:Yea I grabbed that yazsoft playback since I installed lion and lost smb. Worked great. Everything streaming again. Took two seconds to setup. Thanks for the tip!!!

Yea, thats all OK but NO subtitles Sad
Only real solution for most people is not to upgrade to Lion.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC with ATV2 from OSX Lion Machine0