**New Official XBMC Remote**
Briam Wrote:Can we get some examples on where the new mascot will be used? Can't really imagine where he would fit in.

New Welcome Screen Perhaps

XBMC Fan Wrote:This thread is such a disappointment. I saw the title and said FINALLY XBMC gets an offical, fully functioning remote.

I have tried several remotes for Win XP and I finally gave up.

Actually you're in luck! :

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=80968
P-Kard Wrote:New Welcome Screen Perhaps

you obviously have some designer skills, its a shame you dint use it to enter the competition... or did you and you are now a sore looser?

you are one with or without "sore" anyway Laugh

** unsubscribe **
amet Wrote:you obviously have some designer skills, its a shame you dint use it to enter the competition... or did you and you are now a sore looser?

** unsubscribe **

Wooaah relax amet , im taking playful jabs at a cartoon mascot theres no need to get all worked and attack me.

This is all in good fun

amet Wrote:or did you and you are now a sore looser?

** unsubscribe **

Thats NOT Totaly Radical , Zappy does not aprove ; )
hehe, nice idea with the remote - let's do it Wink

Sarcasm is ok to me, but you seem to overshoot a bit.
P-Kard, Don't worry - I must also be warped. Thought your humor was brilliant.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

i thought it was funny too. warped humor rocks....
It was very funny. I really don't like Zappy too. It looks ugly.
I was gonna stay away from this thread but I just wanted to point out a few things Smile

While I know your doing a joke (obviously coloured with your opinion) I must say, isn't the fact that you could do this joke or these montages simply prove that it is in fact a good mascot. I'm not saying that its good because you made use of it to sell stuff to kids, I'm saying that a good mascot is one which can be used to fit any event, not one which is only usable in one strict way (like a logo). Most great mascots has this quality, tux being a prime example of this. Mascots for american football serve the same purpose, its not the logo but its used in playful art or on the events (like at the football game etc).

As said many times, the intent of the mascot is not to be used in skins but to be used as a gimmick and fun thing on events and the likes. Fun version of zapy for news items and such etc. For example, consider this tux:
I don't see that image being used in a linux distribution, nor a theme, but it is perfect for posts about linux games.

For certification of a game one would use a more appropriate, stylish logo. Certified hw for xbmc we would use another art and not the mascot, it doesn't fit to use mascots for certifications and we have never intended to use it for that.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Typical how suddenly people come out of their holes only when they have something to moan about.
The complaining and total overreacting on the frontpage article is a disgrace, and likely performed mostly by people who have delivered zero contribution to the community.

I don't feel XBMC needs a mascot, but I do think Zappy is a good creative effort and I can appreciate that. Some people are acting like it's a disaster and that Zappy will now show up in every corner of XBMC.
I would totally put a zappy theme, plus a zappy remote, in my kid's rooms. They know how to use the ATV remotes, but would flip over a zappy remote.

A+ would buy.
Question 
Would anyone really be interested in a 'Official XBMC Remote' if one was made?
If so would it be simple basic functions as there are so many complex options out there? Huh
still learning linux, | Eve Media Box Case | Abit I-N73HD Motherboard | 2gb Ram | 8gb usb drive | xbmc live | 4tb Linux server |- Second box - XBMC live | GA-81915PM motherboard | 2gb Ram | Gainward 8400GS 512MB HDMI | 2.5" 60gb hard drive |Cheap MCE remote | Tvheadend server | Raspberry Pi | Acer Revo | Zotac ION
Mike34 Wrote:Would anyone really be interested in a 'Official XBMC Remote' if one was made?
If so would it be simple basic functions as there are so many complex options out there? Huh

You can get to 90% of XBMC functionality with:
Menu.
Arrow Keys.
Select.
Back.

Look at the Apple remote. Yes it is nice to have a button dedicated to bringing up newest TV shows, but it doesn't need it. Same with number keys. Etc. Context and info can both be hidden under Menu. All the options are available at the top when you hit menu. (stop, pause, play, audio settings, etc).
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
I think it's just a matter of the skin if its working nicely with just the arrow keys, select and back. You only have to look at boxee. I'd actually apreciate if you wouldnt have to read tons of documentation only to learn all possible shortcuts.
ashlar Wrote:Wow, one of the worst posts in the whole history of XBMC.

hmm..well obviously you'd missed the "hot guys in miniskirts thread" ...Laugh
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
**New Official XBMC Remote**0