[Windows] Dharma 10.1 hangs on splashscreen
Hi all.

I'm having this weird problem I just cannot get my head arround.

A few weeks ago I formatted my ZBOX ND-22 HTPC and reinstalled windows 7 x64 ultimate.

Quick specs : 4gb ram, 160GB sata2 7200rpm, Nvidia ION

Now after I updated all the drivers to their latests versions (through windows update and nvidia site) I downloaded and installed 10.1 from the xbmc site.

After the install I opened XBMC and I get the Splashscreen but no jingle sound that comes with the splashscreen normally (and yes my audio works fine in windows) and he remains standing on the splashscreen. When I move my cursor buttons up and down and left and right on the keyboard, I can here the default "tchirp-sounds" that you have from the default confluence skin that comes with the install I can hear myself navigating menus and entering menu's but I do not see them on the screen, I can only see the splash screen. This is from a clean install after a clean windows. I have tried to reformat and install windows again and redo the xbmc install. This time without any updates and with the use of the latest nightly build and I get the exact same issue.

Now I noticed since the last install that XBMC does a silent install of C++ 2010 redistributable package x32, so I decided to also install the x64 version of the 2010 redistributable package from the microsoft download page and retry my efforts but without any success sadly.

Could any of you experts in XBMC help me analyze the problem ?

I have uploaded my XBMC log file to the following pastebin url :
http://pastebin.com/juYVL8pD

The last line in the log file is my ALT+F4 killing XBMC since I have no view of the menus other then the splashscreen.

I can see stuff going wrong about windows'es and windowsmanager and xml files he cannot find and stuff, but I am not deep enough into how XBMC works to make any sence of it, please advice!

Thanks in advance,
Auri
Small update on ERROR: D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY that is in the log file :

I checked with dxdiag to see if I had any issues but I did not find anything broken.
I also searched for "ERROR: D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY" on the forums here and found one post where also someone with a ZBOX ND-22 had this problem and that reinstalling windows 7 had fixed it for him, which in my case it did not.

I cannot believe this is a memory issue, as I am typing this I'm running a memtest from memtest.org and see what the results are.

Before all the formatting I also ran windows 7 64bit and xbmc was working just fine without any problems.

Please help me troubleshoot this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Dharma 10.1 hangs on splashscreen0