had to reinstall - bluray iso playback
ya explore around the biggest mt2s file is the one you want and xbmc will plat directly it even without libbluray usually its name is 00000.mt2s or was it 00000.mts idk
X3lectric Wrote:ya explore around the biggest mt2s file is the one you want and xbmc will plat directly it even without libbluray usually its name is 00000.mt2s or was it 00000.mts idk

extracted the iso to folder. when adding the folder to database right-click on folder and press play, the movie is now playing.

how come xbmc doesnt understand bluray.iso. it certainly understands dvd.iso.

weird.

so, is bluray.iso actually supported by libbluray?
its supposed to via libbluray idk why you cant get it to work but again please ask a dev @ Freenode IRC channel #xbmc-linux they can help this further if there is a bug they may fix it... idk

its even suppose to support bluraywhatevertittle.rar containing the bluray disk structure.

but compression is not supported in XBMC if exists exists on any (otherwise) supported format like .iso .rar .zip can only with compression set to store

edit corrected post

I need zz's
Ok i fixed it.

Im using the mario-sitz/ppa. Everything is already installed so:

sudo apt-get remove libbluray*
The i uploaded the following files to my home dir:
libbluray-dev_0.2~git20110613.ge8e400a-0ubuntu1~maverick1~ppa1_i386.deb
libbluray0_0.2~git20110613.ge8e400a-0ubuntu1~maverick1~ppa1_i386.deb

So the 13th is also workingSmile

Then:
sudo dpkg -i libblu*.deb
sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-standalone

And voila it works again.
xbmcLive doesnt run on Maverick 10.10 its Lucid 10.04.02 based.

What Im trying to say is croaker has lucid based install, he should use lucid packages
einwegglas Wrote:extracted the iso to folder. when adding the folder to database right-click on folder and press play, the movie is now playing.

how come xbmc doesnt understand bluray.iso. it certainly understands dvd.iso.

weird.

so, is bluray.iso actually supported by libbluray?

Its only been committed here http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10928 not sure why its not working now, maybe it broke.
Havent been able to get back to this thread due to some family responsibilities. After much consideration I think I am just going to rip my movies to .mkv Obviously this isn't ready for prime time and I know that that xbmc will play .mkv's.

Thanks everyone for trying to help I really appreciate it.

cheers!
yes I understand, however I been reading on this and apparently its supposed to work from compile with isos, if not just extract the iso and play the bluray structure. see a few posts back.
It used to work until a few weeks ago. I have faith that they will fix it againSmile
Henkske Wrote:It used to work until a few weeks ago. I have faith that they will fix it againSmile

I haven't had any problems compiling my own XBMC with BluRay support. Just double checked my libbluray to see what version it was, it has a last commit date of July 2/11(git: 2120407ed20c85bf86703cd339e6cbb7dd1cf123) and have no problem with ISO's nor Index.bdmv files..

Hope you find out what is causing the problems...
giftie Wrote:I haven't had any problems compiling my own XBMC with BluRay support. Just double checked my libbluray to see what version it was, it has a last commit date of July 2/11(git: 2120407ed20c85bf86703cd339e6cbb7dd1cf123) and have no problem with ISO's nor Index.bdmv files..

Hope you find out what is causing the problems...

Hmmm strange. Maybe im going to compile again tomorrow. Hopefully it works this time

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
had to reinstall - bluray iso playback0