had to reinstall - bluray iso playback
where you still running as su or root when you issued make distclean?

if you logged off terminal you have to issue sudo su again

this is odd, did it install the new packages on first part?

if your answer is yes on both please continue I noticed an extra
cd $HOME/setup/xbmc
but that is way lower on the foodchain and makes no odds cause its same directory as it was.

Im trying to get more infor y your config.log is exiting with 1

edit

got some clew

configure:27483: error: Submodule lib/libdvd/libdvdcss failed to configure

git reset --hard && git clean -xfd

and retry

look at my previous post.
hit refresh
ah after hitting refresh the make distclean statement was after the git statements, I think I must have read it wrong because it looked like it was before the git statements before.

Thanks for checking back.

cheers
Was this supposed to happen?

git clean -xfd
removing lib/libbluray/libbluray/
So I did a clean install of xbmc, then went back to your original posted instructions on this line

./bootstrap; ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-vdpau --disable-pulse --enable-libbluray; make -j4

At the very end I got this response:

Code:
checking python extra linking flags... -Xlinker -export-dynamic -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-Bsymbolic-func                                                                                                                    tions
checking consistency of all components of python development environment... no
configure: error: in `/root/setup/xbmc':
configure: error:
  Could not link test program to Python. Maybe the main Python library has been
  installed in some non-standard library path. If so, pass it to configure,
  via the LDFLAGS environment variable.
  Example: ./configure LDFLAGS="-L/usr/non-standard-path/python/lib"
  ============================================================================
   ERROR!
   You probably have to install the development version of the Python package
   for your distribution.  The exact name of this package varies among them.
  ============================================================================

See `config.log' for more details.
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

I begin to wonder if this is even possible.
O.o thats not right not if you installed all deps... lets assume for some freak reason python-dev didnt get installed

the git clean command is right will weed out all previously configured files from the your git dir (we doing this because of the libdvdcss error) but libbrluray is still installed dont worry about that.

install python (Im curious why that error happened.)
Code:
sudo aptitude install python-support python-dev -y
then rerun the second part on this post.

its possible the make distclean will error out if nothing has been actually compiled which is odd because it apparently has.

make sure all deps are installed this is 100% key to success, the actual compiling part is nothing to be scared of.

I'm not quitting until your fully setup and ready to go.
Thanks for your perseverance, I really appreciate it.

So I ran the python install, then went back to the post you pointed out and got

make distclean
make: *** No rule to make target 'distclean'. Stop.

But I moved on to the next steps based on your comments that "its possible the make distclean will error out if nothing has been actually compiled"
please have a look at what's going on in terminal and post anything in pastebin if any further errors, or something odd occurs.

Again much of the success on compiling depends on proper installation of necessary dependencies, this stage is when you have to really keep a look out to see if theres any errors and if all packages install ok.
It compiled and everything seem to go well but after

make install prefix=/usr
start xbmc-live

xbmc came back up but still no bluray iso playback. I am installing samba so that I can get the .log file to see what is going on. Thought I suspect that it is still trying to use libdvd rather than libbluray.
if the log has

#define HAVE_LIBBLURAY 1

then it should work provided its not a encrypted copy.
#define HAVE_LIBBLURAY 1 is in the config.log and the config log exits with 0 so I am assuming everything went correctly. I am trying to get the debug.log onto my windows machine now so that I can have a look and paste it to pastebin.
mmm ok if you can ssh into it I presume your using putty right? So if you can ssh you can sftp and do it that way though you need to enable root login.
Code:
sudo passwd root

enter password twice

sftp use a client like flashfxp or filezilla
Code:
port should be default 22
username: root
password: your root password
IP: your xbmc box ip

=)
Thanks I just had to reinstall samba and create a share, not sure why it didn't work but after created the share in smb.conf testparm reported an error not finding a dependent directory. So anyway I reinstalled and all works fine.

Now after getting the debug log onto windows it looks like libbluray is loading but still it wont play a movie that I have played on this machine before (Avatar.iso). Here is a pastebin from the log from the point I select that .iso in xbmc

I wonder if something is goofed with libbluray?
X3lectric Wrote:mmm ok if you can ssh into it I presume your using putty right? So if you can ssh you can sftp and do it that way though you need to enable root login.
Code:
sudo passwd root

enter password twice

sftp use a client like flashfxp or filezilla
Code:
port should be default 22
username: root
password: your root password
IP: your xbmc box ip

=)

yeah I do everything from Filezilla. Am pretty comfortable with all of this, just that my unix skills eroded years ago, when I rolled that HP cube out into the parking lot. And quite frankly when linux first became the rage I was too busy with other things to keep up. Smile
I never had any Linux skillz, just because I know a few commands and a couple of tricks does not a guru make.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
had to reinstall - bluray iso playback0