• 11(current)
CALLING SERIOUS TESTERS: AudioEngine needs your help for testing before merge!
Cranial Wrote:Noted. Perhaps a word with Gimli and Keith to coordinate when and what should be privately tested? Or not tested at all yet....

But anyway, thanks for all your work on this Gnif. Good coding weather, cold up there in them there mountains.... 

I don't think he's saying there is an issue with this thread; I think he's saying that people should know that an actual merge of the AE code is far off.
I apologise to all when they read my post, Ned Scott was indeed correct when I was just trying to make it clear that while testing is required, AE is to be considered highly experimental at this point still, and merging into master is still quite a way off.

Gimli has been doing excellent work to get the iOS support into AE, which has exposed numerous design problems with AE which will need addressing before we can approach a merge with master.

Also, those testing are very much appreciated, please do not take this as a sign that it is not wanted, or appreciated.
I am not scared of SVN - Cutting my hands open on the bleeding edge.
ATV2 4.2.2 (2203)
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-9_iphoneos-arm.deb 26-Jun-2011 12:27
Optical & generic USB DAC

(as posted before)

i'm still testing this latest build, but only with 2.0 PCM output mode.
Audio output is stable when xbmc is used with video plugins as Youtube or Funny or Die ecc... (the ones avalaible in bluecop).

i eated all Pink Floyd live at Pompeii on Youtube (120+ mins of video) without problems.

Indeed, for the only exception of choppy samba sharings, everything seems to be stable.

GUI is a bit laggy but i think it's due to my slow internet connection and as a minor issue, to the atv2 cpu capabilities.

good work. thanks u all!
**as requested by gimli, this thread is closed due to the changes that are happening in AE API and a code reshuffle that will follow ***

thanks to everyone who participated, we will inform you about any news as they happen and post more builds here for testing as they are ready
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CALLING SERIOUS TESTERS: AudioEngine needs your help for testing before merge!0