• 10(current)
CALLING SERIOUS TESTERS: AudioEngine needs your help for testing before merge!
Cranial Wrote:Okay Tenny. What is your setup?

ATV2 -> HDMI -> (Receiver model / TV Model etc).

Can you SSH in and delete guisettings.xml from /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/. (Do this while XBMC is NOT running).

Then start XBMC, setup your screen calibration, audio settings, etc. Then test out multiple AC3 and DTS files.

Thanks.

Tenny Wrote:Setup: ATV2 ---HDMI---> Panasonic TV ( TH-42PX75U ) ---TOSLINK---> Pioneer Receiver (VSX-516)

I should also note, that if I enable the sound on the TV, it also has a loud clicking / static sounds.

Logs:
xbmc.log (Newly created... I do the setup, then play a DTS, then AC3, then AAC. DTS/AC3 have static, AAC sounds fine)
guisettings.xml (Newly created)
syslog (during the above process)
Tenny Wrote:I should also note, that if I enable the sound on the TV, it also has a loud clicking / static sounds.

Logs:
xbmc.log (Newly created... I do the setup, then play a DTS, then AC3, then AAC. DTS/AC3 have static, AAC sounds fine)

So... My receiver has stuffed up, it's out for repairs. So surround testing can't happen. And now my internet is all over the shop, which is devouring my time.

Sorry Tenny, I'll try to look into your logs and that, but maybe someone else can have a look and see if they can find the issue?

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
I tested the built on the weekend. most recent firmware, Onkyo receiver, Samsung TV, HDMI connection. AC3 and DTS worked fine so far but normal (MP3) audio didn't for some reason. Since I did not have the time for additional testing I went back to the new stable release.

However, I did check my Star Wars and LOTR movie files, which are H264 with 5.1 AAC sound and my receiver only received a stereo signal. Any chance to get AAC sound as "multichannel" audio to the receiver instead of downsampling it to stereo?

Best
nachtzwerg Wrote:Any chance to get AAC sound as "multichannel" audio to the receiver instead of downsampling it to stereo?

I believe this is low on the priority list at the moment. Gimli has a few other priorities before he gets to it.

In your log i see that you might have permission problems with guisettings.xml. It can't neither be read nor be deleted for recreation. So please double check the permissions and fix them by issueing:

chown mobile /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml

For next bugs i would suggest you have a look at the log file yourself and search for "Error" ... sometimes you might be able to help yourself for finding faster solutions Wink

bye

Memphiz

Tenny Wrote:I should also note, that if I enable the sound on the TV, it also has a loud clicking / static sounds.

Logs:
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:In your log i see that you might have permission problems with guisettings.xml. It can't neither be read nor be deleted for recreation. So please double check the permissions and fix them by issueing:

chown mobile /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml

For next bugs i would suggest you have a look at the log file yourself and search for "Error" ... sometimes you might be able to help yourself for finding faster solutions Wink

bye

Memphiz

Actually Memphiz, I think the error you're referring to is because I asked Tenny to delete the guisettings.xml prior to running XBMC, so it's creating a new one?

Cranial Wrote:I believe this is low on the priority list at the moment. Gimli has a few other priorities before he gets to it.

Ok, no worries. I just discovered that my receiver recognizes AAC 5.1 as Dolby Digital with true 5.1 sound when I connect audio via an optical cable instead of HDMI. strange but a workaround...
Cranial Wrote:Actually Memphiz, I think the error you're referring to is because I asked Tenny to delete the guisettings.xml prior to running XBMC, so it's creating a new one?

Then the permissions of the userdata folder might be messed up - because it doesn't seem to get recreated?!? Or am i totally wrong here. Is there a guisettings.xml or not? Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Well Cranial told me to delete it, so I think XBMC was looking for it, but couldn't read it as there was none. Then when it re-created it, it was fine.

Code:
Apple-TV:/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC root# ls -l
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 17 mobile mobile 578 Jun 26 12:07 addons/
drwxr-xr-x  2 mobile mobile  68 Jun 25 22:49 media/
drwxr-xr-x  2 mobile mobile  68 Jun 25 22:49 sounds/
drwxr-xr-x  2 mobile mobile  68 Jun 25 22:49 system/
drwxr-xr-x  5 mobile mobile 204 Jun 28 22:27 temp/
drwxr-xr-x  7 mobile mobile 442 Jun 28 15:42 userdata/

Code:
Apple-TV:/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata root# ls -l
total 64
drwxr-xr-x  3 mobile mobile   306 Jun 29 08:57 Database/
-rw-r--r--  1 mobile mobile  1573 Jun 20 23:05 LCD.xml
-rw-r--r--  1 mobile mobile   391 Jun 20 23:05 RssFeeds.xml
drwxr-xr-x 21 mobile mobile   714 Jun 25 22:49 Thumbnails/
drwxr-xr-x  4 mobile mobile   136 Jun 25 22:56 addon_data/
-rw-r--r--  1 mobile mobile   119 Jun 26 11:15 autoexec.py
-rw-r--r--  1 mobile mobile 19994 Jun 28 22:27 guisettings.xml
drwxr-xr-x  2 mobile mobile    68 Jun 25 22:49 keymaps/
drwxr-xr-x  5 mobile mobile   170 Jun 25 22:49 playlists/
-rw-r--r--  1 mobile mobile   841 Jun 28 22:27 profiles.xml
-rw-r--r--  1 root   mobile   844 Jun 23 21:00 sources.xml
XBMC will auto-create guisettings.xml on boot, so it doesn't need to be there at all.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Tenny Wrote:
Code:
Apple-TV:/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata root# ls -l
total 64
drwxr-xr-x  3 mobile mobile   306 Jun 29 08:57 Database/
-rw-r--r--  1 mobile mobile  1573 Jun 20 23:05 LCD.xml
-rw-r--r--  1 mobile mobile   391 Jun 20 23:05 RssFeeds.xml
drwxr-xr-x 21 mobile mobile   714 Jun 25 22:49 Thumbnails/
drwxr-xr-x  4 mobile mobile   136 Jun 25 22:56 addon_data/
-rw-r--r--  1 mobile mobile   119 Jun 26 11:15 autoexec.py
-rw-r--r--  1 mobile mobile 19994 Jun 28 22:27 guisettings.xml
drwxr-xr-x  2 mobile mobile    68 Jun 25 22:49 keymaps/
drwxr-xr-x  5 mobile mobile   170 Jun 25 22:49 playlists/
-rw-r--r--  1 mobile mobile   841 Jun 28 22:27 profiles.xml
[b]-rw-r--r--  1 root   mobile   844 Jun 23 21:00 sources.xml[/b]

All is good except sources.xml. That should be mobile mobile I believe.

yap ... in that state you would not be able to add sources because of missing permissions for saving them...
Yeah I changed it after I noticed it; forgot to mention it though.
Hi All,

Fair warning,
AE is NOT in the testing phase, it is still under active development and has quite a few technical hurdles to overcome before it is ready for public consumption.

Please do not think that AE is ready for merge, it is a way off still.
I am not scared of SVN - Cutting my hands open on the bleeding edge.
gnif Wrote:Hi All,

Fair warning,
AE is NOT in the testing phase, it is still under active development and has quite a few technical hurdles to overcome before it is ready for public consumption.

Please do not think that AE is ready for merge, it is a way off still.

Noted. Perhaps a word with Gimli and Keith to coordinate when and what should be privately tested? Or not tested at all yet....

But anyway, thanks for all your work on this Gnif. Good coding weather, cold up there in them there mountains.... 

• 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CALLING SERIOUS TESTERS: AudioEngine needs your help for testing before merge!0