Xtra Fanart / Thumbnails... .. .
Hi again, last question for a while I hope.

I would just like to say this skin is fantastic and I am really starting to get into have a awesome sorted and visual library, gone is using file list for eveything! So thanks again and than ks for all your effort.

So..

I was recommend to a scrapper application called EMBER-R, one of the things it dose that Media Companion didn't seam to do is scrap multiple fan art and posters.

If I tick the options in the skin settings "extra FanArt" and "extra ThumbNails" When I look at a film, I get 2 small squares in the top left of the screen showing the new images. (I am using FANART view). I only see 2, when I have many.

I was wondering if I have this set up correctly? Is that how they are meant to work? Can you set it up to randomly have a different fanart / poster when ever you move the cursor over the film?

Thanks in advance
XBMC user from XMP days... love this project and many thanks to the talent that keeps it alive
for thumbnails, only the first two are used in the skin (Thumb1.jog & Thumb2.jpg)

all extrafanart images will be used as a background slideshow when navigating the movie library (when enabled in skin settings)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:for thumbnails, only the first two are used in the skin (Thumb1.jog & Thumb2.jpg)

all extrafanart images will be used as a background slideshow when navigating the movie library (when enabled in skin settings)

SO the xtra fanart will be used kind of like the background art on the main menu.. as each time you highlight the film a different fanart will show, and if you leave it on that film it will slowly cycle?

I have been testing Ember Media Manager, it was mentioned in one of my threads... it scrapes all the extra fanart fine, but it saved them as "thumbs x"... what are these files supposed to be called so they are recognized as extra fan art?
XBMC user from XMP days... love this project and many thanks to the talent that keeps it alive
Jyujinkai Wrote:SO the xtra fanart will be used kind of like the background art on the main menu.. as each time you highlight the film a different fanart will show, and if you leave it on that film it will slowly cycle?

I have been testing Ember Media Manager, it was mentioned in one of my threads... it scrapes all the extra fanart fine, but it saved them as "thumbs x"... what are these files supposed to be called so they are recognized as extra fan art?

see FAQ #22 ;-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:see FAQ #22 ;-)

So I'm trying to follow the FAQ, but it seems inaccurate. I'm using the latest SVN and this path doesn't exist in my options.

Settings > Skin Settings > General > Show fanart slideshow instead of visualisation
xbmc17 Wrote:So I'm trying to follow the FAQ, but it seems inaccurate. I'm using the latest SVN and this path doesn't exist in my options.

Settings > Skin Settings > General > Show fanart slideshow instead of visualisation

OK, I found it in the OSD now.

I also found extrafanart does not work if the artist is in "Various Artists". So I have a structure for the artist in Music>Artist>extrafanart where I store the fanart for that artist even though the artist has no music in there (it's in Various Artists). So I have chosen the fanart for that artist in Music>Artist but it won't locate the extrafanart there.
xbmc17 Wrote:So I'm trying to follow the FAQ, but it seems inaccurate.
updated, thanx for pointing it out :-)

xbmc17 Wrote:OK, I found it in the OSD now.

I also found extrafanart does not work if the artist is in "Various Artists". So I have a structure for the artist in Music>Artist>extrafanart where I store the fanart for that artist even though the artist has no music in there (it's in Various Artists). So I have chosen the fanart for that artist in Music>Artist but it won't locate the extrafanart there.

not sure, i don't have any various artists myself....so can't test.
if you post a Debug Log, i'll have a look.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xtra Fanart / Thumbnails... .. .0