AMD LLano idles at 10.2 watts
According to this review!!!

http://hothardware.com/Reviews/AMD-Fusio...w/?page=13

OMG, I jusy bought an AMD Fusion E-350. Should have waited...
AMD Fusion: A8-3500M A-Series Llano APU

im impressed!!!
Pretty amazing.

Hopefully a vendor will make an Mini-ITX board suited for the A8-3500M processor....
Keep in mind that the A8-3500M is a mobile processor. However the results do look very good compared to other mobile CPUs, especially the i5 & i7. I'm still waiting to see a review on a Llano desktop CPU, but I agree that we've seen so far is promising.
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
Considering it's also powering a lcd screen and mechanical hard drive, 10.2watt is insanely low.
wsume99 Wrote:Keep in mind that the A8-3500M is a mobile processor. However the results do look very good compared to other mobile CPUs, especially the i5 & i7. I'm still waiting to see a review on a Llano desktop CPU, but I agree that we've seen so far is promising.

Have you seen a review regarding power consumption for an i3-2310M? I'd be curious how they actually stack up. You can't tell anything from the llinked review.

I thought it was curious that this review would compare a dual core Llano to a quad core i7 Sandy Bridge and then pronounce "Intel's quad-core Core i7 Sandy Bridge processor eats over twice as much power under full load." Yeah, why would that surprise anyone? It's also twice as powerful. Indeed, a couple pages earlier in the review, in discussing performance, they called the Llano "no match for the quad-core Core i7 2820QM."

This is a useless apples-to-oranges comparison. Those two chips don't compete against each other. Why didn't they do a meaningful comparison to the i3-2310M? And just yesterday Intel released several more ultra-low-power mobile Sandy Bridge processors.
The E-350 zacate is still better while there is load on it...
http://hothardware.com/Reviews/AMD-Zacat...ew/?page=8

E350 is around 12 watts lower than the newer model (load)
Not much difference in idle, but a htpc is for usage, not for idling around.

I am wondering how much the real consumption would be compared to the zacate-platform while playing a 1080p Movie.
Interested especially in the gap between those while doing that.
Nevertheless, seems to be interesting.

Cheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
ubuntuf4n Wrote:The E-350 zacate is still better while there is load on it...
http://hothardware.com/Reviews/AMD-Zacat...ew/?page=8

E350 is around 12 watts lower than the newer model (load)
Not much difference in idle, but a htpc is for usage, not for idling around.

I am wondering how much the real consumption would be compared to the zacate-platform while playing a 1080p Movie.
Interested especially in the gap between those while doing that.
Nevertheless, seems to be interesting.

Cheers

And if you're comparing the E-350 to an i3, then you should read xBitLab's review: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/dis...2100t.html . They conclude: "One of processors like that is the Core i3-2100T, which we have just reviewed. While its practical power consumption is comparable to that of Intel Atom D525 and AMD E-350 (with a few allowances), it is 3-4 times faster than them."
The E-350 gets way too hot in practical use (45C idle and easily reaches 70+C when in use, that's with a 4cm cooling fan on top and a noisy 4cm 6000rpm case fan inside a M350 case!), I have one and I'm regretting that I bought it, my old ION1+Atom 330 is much cooler with just a quiet 80mm case fan.
ion_man Wrote:The E-350 gets way too hot in practical use (45C idle and easily reaches 70+C when in use, that's with a 4cm cooling fan on top and a noisy 4cm 6000rpm case fan inside a M350 case!), I have one and I'm regretting that I bought it, my old ION1+Atom 330 is much cooler with just a quiet 80mm case fan.

Wow. I have yet to see my i3-2100 hit 40C.
ion_man Wrote:The E-350 gets way too hot in practical use (45C idle and easily reaches 70+C when in use, that's with a 4cm cooling fan on top and a noisy 4cm 6000rpm case fan inside a M350 case!), I have one and I'm regretting that I bought it, my old ION1+Atom 330 is much cooler with just a quiet 80mm case fan.

True, my Zotac Ion 1 is normally at about 50deg C fanless.

The MSI E350IA I have is at about 70deg C fanless using the stock fan. Too bad there are no aftermarket heatsinks available for the E350.

I read that the fanless Shuttle XS35GT with the Ion 2 idles at 14 watts and 21watts at load. I think this is due to the super efficient 40watt power supply it comes with. This might be a better buy than the E-350 platform since I read the Ion2 can upscale xvid and divx.
Zon2020 Wrote:While its practical power consumption is comparable to that of Intel Atom D525 and AMD E-350 ."

Comparable? More like 50-95% higher!

Wow Nice Chart, where did you grab that one ?

Wondering how long a zacate could survive with the above mentioned temps (max.specif.temp ?)
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
So a ION with a 80mm case fan is cooler than an Zacate with a 40mm fan? Duuh, my Zacate never reaches 45deg C (under load) with 80mmm 400rpm fan above the heatsink (and the stock fan removed) in a mini-ITX case. With the stock 40mm fan i get 44-65. Here`s an Atom reaching 64 C and 44 in idle : http://www.silentpcreview.com/article995-page4.html . Some fanless models reach 70+ easy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMD LLano idles at 10.2 watts1