XBMC Music Video XML Creator - For Adding all Music Videos To Library
Hmm that is an interesting concept, there are lots of those kind of performances from tv shows and live gigs available online but I don't really like recorded live content so never had to deal with it.

I think I'd try to extract the date for the year and the artist then use the artist name as the album and set the genre to live. But ill have to Download lots of those to give me a good sample to check the usual format. It doesnt help that most uploaders will just name their files anything without following any convention!
steve1977 Wrote:Thanks so much for doing this. For me, there appears to be one key function missing. You actually mentioned earlier it is on your roadmap as well (see below). This is about fanart scraping. What I would add to it is artist scraping. It would be cool to have one fanart (1080p) and one artist photo (500*500) for each artist. Don't think it makes sense for each musicvideo, but would be very nice to have for each artist.

Any hope on above?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
steve1977 Wrote:Any hope on above?

Hmm, I'm going to give this a go when I finish working (im a student 6 lectures behind and have some paid programming work which is pretty demanding atm!)

Any idea of how I could get the fan art? Is there any site with an api? Or any coding examples (in any language really, but .net ones preferred) of people scraping artists pictures? If you could do that little bit of research it would mean I could get right into coding it!
jacksonliam Wrote:Hmm, I'm going to give this a go when I finish working (im a student 6 lectures behind and have some paid programming work which is pretty demanding atm!)

Any idea of how I could get the fan art? Is there any site with an api? Or any coding examples (in any language really, but .net ones preferred) of people scraping artists pictures? If you could do that little bit of research it would mean I could get right into coding it!

You can use fanart.tv it has a pretty good source of high quality images. You can also use htbackdrops.com but the quality varies more.

But there is a question how much this is needed. I have both my music collection and music videos scraped by xbmc and the music videos use the artists and fanart from music collection if the artists names match.
Working on using fanart.tv now, their api seems pretty easy, but they don't have a lot of artists that I do.
thanks mate for this app was looking everywhere for something like this specific for music videos.

works great so far, downloaded a heap of music videos for December and its parsed all of them fine creating .nfos perfectly.

would be epic if you get the fanart.tv thing working Smile
Hey, glad you like it!

I'm Afraid I'm going to dis-continue development of this, at least for now.

The main reason is that I've changed my main HTPC over to mediaportal for the time being, as I'm really enjoying the LiveTV element of it. Perhaps once XBMC gets a stable and quick LiveTV implementation, I will change back and continue this project.

For now, Here is the source code, I didn't get a chance to tidy it up or anything so its proper messy (but working).
http://www.mediafire.com/?8dz36jf2pviajma
Version 15b Beta
Supports renaming the output file of the copy operation into "Artist - Title.ext" for processing by other applications. Made this because this app is good at processing downloaded music video filenames but most others are not and don't read the NFO.
Download (includes source & FFMPEG): http://www.mediafire.com/?6uljw0590pz4c4k

I only say beta because I didn't get a chance to thoroughly test the renaming feature. I don't anticipate any problems. Just make sure the destination directory of the copy operation is in a different directory to the source.
Thanks jacksonliam
downloading & testing! Big Grin i hope this app help me with my music Video library!
most of you will think its worse than what was already released, but for me it works great.

I really like your little program jacksonliam. I just wanted it to do 1 video at a time and have more options in the nfo, like runtime, composer, setting .mov in there permanently. Basically stupid easy things.

plus this kind of gives it a home, instead of mediafire links

XBMC Music Video Nfo Creator
Jacksonliam,

If you are still around can you answer a couple questions for me?

1. When I press "I" in xbmc it shows me a bx with the title of the music video in it. Is there anyway I can get the artist to show in this box too?

I only have about 150 music videos so maybe I will just manually edit every nfo so that the <title> tag includes the artist and title. but then how d i re-scrape? do i just remove my music video source folder and add it again?

2. Is there anyway to get your software to ignore things inside brackets in the filename? e.g. a lot of my videos (downloaded from youtube) have (low) or (club mix) or (SD) or (HQ) that I don't want to appear in the nfo information. any ideas? just manually edit the file names and run your software again?

Thanks. Great piece of software by the way.
Some of my videos had important stuff in brackets, so I didn't strip those out!

I guess the best way if it's only a few files would be to rename the files! If you want the artist in the title box you'll have to rename all the files to go something like "title artist - artist. avi" i think for files without a dash it puts the whole filename in both the title and artist section, I can't remember, so you might get desired effect by removing all dashes from the filenames!

Or you could download vb. Net express for free, open the source, find the line that stores the title and
add storing the artist to the same section, it shouldn't take that long to figure out :-)

I think there was some way to re scrape, I can't quite remember the place in xbmc but it should be there! I'm not sure if re adding does re scrape, probably.

Liam.

thought i'd quickly summarise how i got this working for me in case it can help anyone:

download and instal and run this programme to get it to create the information (.nfo) files that xbmc will use in order to add music videos to the library.

once i'd run the programme and created all my nfo files, i added a couple of music video scraper addons, then added a new video source, made it a music video source, chose my scraper (last.fm).

once the music video source is added it failed to do a proper scan, so i used the context menu and clicked on "check for new content". that meant that the lastfm scraper found all my nfo files and used them to add all my music video's to the library.
I know this thread is old, sorry for Necro-ressing it. But I thought I'd post my updates to this program. I have it on GitHub

https://github.com/DataIsGold/XBMC-Music-Video-NFO

Updates:

Album Name

* Album name from Directory

Faster thumbnails
* The code to generate the thumbnail is more efficient
* I've also used a more recent version of ffmpeg so any optimizations done by the ffmpeg group carry over of course
* I fill as many fields of the XBMC Music Video NFO file as possible
* I get duration from the video file using Windows Media Player library

File Copying:

* I've disabled File Copying in the GUI

Misc:

* There are a few other modifications that I made for quality of life.
* Visual Studio 2010 or 2012 broke a few things.

Notes:

In Visual Studio 2013 there is a warning for WMPLib
However, duration is still extracted.
(2014-10-24, 18:47)pspgold Wrote: I know this thread is old, sorry for Necro-ressing it. But I thought I'd post my updates to this program. I have it on GitHub

https://github.com/DataIsGold/XBMC-Music-Video-NFO

Updates:

Album Name

* Album name from Directory

Faster thumbnails
* The code to generate the thumbnail is more efficient
* I've also used a more recent version of ffmpeg so any optimizations done by the ffmpeg group carry over of course
* I fill as many fields of the XBMC Music Video NFO file as possible
* I get duration from the video file using Windows Media Player library

File Copying:

* I've disabled File Copying in the GUI

Misc:

* There are a few other modifications that I made for quality of life.
* Visual Studio 2010 or 2012 broke a few things.

Notes:

In Visual Studio 2013 there is a warning for WMPLib
However, duration is still extracted.
*groans and rubs eyes*

Nice work! Its good to know this is still useful (and sad to know its still needed, this isn't anything that couldn't be built into XBMC's scraper!).

I'll add your link to the first post, though I haven't tested it, I'll trust you its all good Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Music Video XML Creator - For Adding all Music Videos To Library0