XBMC Music Video XML Creator - For Adding all Music Videos To Library
jacksonliam Wrote:I know, I had it with sir mix-a-lot and on a song which had put (ft t - pain) It just requires a renaming of the one video file to change the dashes to a space or something. As far as I can think there is no way to detect it besides perhaps a set of exceptions but I'd need a list of every song title and artist that could possibly have a dash in it.

The format is "artist - title - crap-to-remove.ext"
And there isn't really any rules I can make to correct the A-ha problem! Unless anyone else can think of a way?

I'm not that great with RegEx, but I noticed the problem on some of my videos as well, there should be a way where it says "something - something" = Artist - Track, but "something-something" is single name (a.k.a. attempt to detect hypen ONLY when it's surrounded by spaces.)

Another quick one, even turning off the two options about removing track number at beginning, it detects "50 Cent" as just "Cent" but didn't seem to mess with "3 Doors Down" or a few others.

For now my structure is "Music Videos\ArtistName\ArtistName - TrackName.Ext" would it be better to put each song/video into it's own subfolder under ArtistName? I did that originally (with NO NFO info) and the MTV Scraper sucked at detecting most of the stuff.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
That's fine, I can possibly add an option to do the type of detection on the - you said, but some of my songs were without spaces next to the dash so its difficult to decide which way to go. I don't use regular expressions in the programming so the way you wrote it is much better for me!

I probably just forgot to check one of the check boxes on the number thing, it should only remove numbers like 050 not just 50 so ill have a look at the code to fix that!

The folder structure you have is fine, if it made the nfo files for all the videos then I wouldn't worry about it!

Thanks for the Input!
I have updated the application:
The reason for the version numbers skipping a few is I want to keep them the same as VB's version numbers and it increments them by one each time you publish the application.

v7
-Fixed 50 Cent bug where 50 was being mistaken for track number even with options off -50 cent won't be detected as track number even with options on now
-Added option to check for hyphen in artist name for A-Ha bug
-This checks for " - " instead of just "-" so files named "Artist-Title" instead of "Artist - Title" will no work will cause errors with this option on
# I've got an idea of how I could fix this but it requires making the program a bit more modular!
Are you planning on adding the ability to download music videos like couch potato downloads movies or will this only be a xbmc tag fixer?
That is a good idea, as far as i know no other software does that, this works however you get your music video but couch potato requires nzbs. It would be a lot of work to program that and couch potato and sickbeard are in python which I don't know, maybe I will do something with java in the future but not right now, not unless someone can help me out a lot!
v8
-slight update to the way it handles the A-Ha problem. Falls back to using "-" if no " - "

check download link.
I'm not going to do any more updates or features without any more requests or bug reports, I cant think of anything else this application needs!
Ok, I understand about not taking up the downloading of music videos...I am also a java guy and would help but I don't have any free time since I have a project in the works...the one thing I would ask for if you had the time would be to be able to organize your actual music videos...Like if I can dump all of my music videos in one folder and then have this program organize all of them into a template of my choosing like folder = artist/video-year-quality
jacksonliam Wrote:I'm not going to do any more updates or features without any more requests or bug reports, I cant think of anything else this application needs!

Thanks so much for doing this. For me, there appears to be one key function missing. You actually mentioned earlier it is on your roadmap as well (see below). This is about fanart scraping. What I would add to it is artist scraping. It would be cool to have one fanart (1080p) and one artist photo (500*500) for each artist. Don't think it makes sense for each musicvideo, but would be very nice to have for each artist.

Any chance to get this working?

jacksonliam Wrote:-Scraping genre and other info from sites linked to above
-Scraping fanart
Should be done by end of next week
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Great tool, but could you add, so that if no dash is found, its the songs name and 'unknown' artist?

I've used the tool and it causes an unhandled exception on the file "I Just Had Sex (feat. Akon).mp4":

Code:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length
   at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
   at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at XBMC_Music_Videos.Form1.searchForVideo(String dir)
   at XBMC_Music_Videos.Form1.searchDirectorys(String mainDir)
   at XBMC_Music_Videos.Form1.btnGo_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Hmm there should'nt be an exception. If it doesn't know what to do with a file it should put its path into the error box. But I will add your feature connors that sounds like a good idea.

I thought about making it sort the music videos vike105 but it would take so long to test its working. I don't want to make an application thats going to mess up peoples files! I will think about it though.

Just as a quick poll - are people installing this or just running the .exe?
Just found this application you wrote. Works great! As the scrapers are almost useless when it comes to music videos. I know your looking at scraping to add extra information at a later time which is great. But really is there way we can just generate thumbnails? Cause when viewing the music videos in the library mode, default artist fan art does show, like it was previously stated, but the thumbnails for the videos are just blank (default skin image). If I view the information of the video, I can see the default thumbnail that is generated from the video, but it won't show when browsing in the list. I checked this in AEON Nox and Confluence skin.

Thanks for your hard work on this, I just started adding my music videos and was dissapointed with how xbmc handles it in comparison to Apple TV. But your application helps improve its usability!
RandomNinjaAtk Wrote:Just found this application you wrote. Works great! As the scrapers are almost useless when it comes to music videos. I know your looking at scraping to add extra information at a later time which is great. But really is there way we can just generate thumbnails?

somewhere on these forums there is a post that has a batch file link in it that creates thumbnails and or screencaps ill dig around and see if i can find it but this was at least a year ago maybe even 2 that i remember seeing it so its probably quite buried if not archived.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...batch+.tbn
this isnt the same post i was thinking of but it will work just the same.
I'm going to look for a way to integrate that into the application, it shouldn't be to difficult. Does xbmc just read the files created by that script?
jacksonliam Wrote:I'm going to look for a way to integrate that into the application, it shouldn't be to difficult. Does xbmc just read the files created by that script?

all it does is to open the video file 5 seconds in(too short imo, which is why i set mine to like 30 seconds when i was still using it) it then takes a screen cap and turns it into a .tbn file ext.
however im not sure where this version dumps the .tbn files.
the other version i was discussing in the previous post would place them in the same folder as the video im not sure that this one does without having tested it.
V11

Okay now I have implemented file copying and thumbnail creation. The latest one is 11.3MB because I have included FFMPEG, its easier to include it than find it if installed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Music Video XML Creator - For Adding all Music Videos To Library0