[WIN7] Microsoft Remote Configuration for XBMC Problems
I use XBMC for my HTPC for a few months now. At first i used a terratec remote from my TV card. The config software for this thing is a pain in the ass.

to solve this problem I bought an original microsoft remote Control with RC6 receiver.

I was very happy to see that it works fast an without delay with the windows integrated hid device drivers. With the Windows media center the remote buttons are all well configurated. With XBMC I got some problems. I use XBMC in the experimental PVR Eden version (dushmaniac) and there seemes to be no configuration addon to set up the remotes buttons in XBMC yet.

Beside this some buttons of the Remote with activated HID are directly connected to the Windows MC (the green Microsoft button, the watch TV button and the recorded TV button for example). Pressing one of these buttons kicks me out of the XBMC and instantly starts the Microsoft media center.
Is there a way to deactivate this functionality so that i can use the remote for XBMC only?

I tried to solve the problem with Eventghost already. This tool shuts down the Microsoft HID Service and allowes me to set up all buttons perfectly. I used the Microsoft Remote plugin in combination with XBMC2 plugin at first. I was very surprised that my remote now works very slow and not very precise. Scrolling in the menu while holding a button is nearly impossible and here and there somme commands are not accepted or u get a double press sometimes.

after some testing with different delay times in the MCE remote Plugin config i gave it up because none of the settings works the way original HID does.

I tried a workaround with Keyboard emulation in eventghost. This worked a lot better cause of the options with automated keypress repeat and timings. The original HID still is better.

I hope you can give me a hint or a guide how to use my microsoft remotes better with xbmc. Besides the Microsoft V1 MCE remote I also have the XBOX RC6 remote of my xbox360 HDDVD drive that seems to be a lot better for the many xbmc functions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIN7] Microsoft Remote Configuration for XBMC Problems0