[Windows] XBMCflix and Hulu addon problem
Hi all,
I am new to XBMC. I have just switched from Boxee because i was beginning to like it less and less every time i used it. So, here i am and i am beginning to see some issues with the XBMCflix plugin and BlueCop's Hulu plugin.
I have installed both plugins correctly from their respective repos, so here are the issues that i am seeing that i can't seem to figure out. First, when using netflix it logs into my account fine, and it looks like most of the instant movies and tv shows will play. But when i try to play something from my instant queue it loads up and says "Sorry, the movie you are trying to watch is unavailable". but when i watch it in firefox it is fine. That leads to the next issue. I have firefox set at my default browser, but it looks like XBMC still opens the netflix streams in internet explorer windows. Is there any way that i can get XBMC to use firefox for this? And lastly, my issue with the Hulu addon is this. The addon installs fine, and i can configure it with my Hulu+ login successfully. When i go into it and try to play something, whether it be from my queue, subscriptions, or by searching, it is giving a few errors. It will either say "SMIL Error: Unable to open SMIL file", or it will say opening stream and show about 28% and then do nothing, or if i keep clicking on the same video it will say "Unable to open stream, see log file"

I have done alot of searching on the internets, but it doesn't look like anyone has seen these issues before. Maybe someone around here will have more knowledge about this. Thanks in advance.
These plugins break quite often and are not very reliable. You are much better off using the solution provided in this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ch+netflix
Well after hearing that, i decided to give up on the Hulu plugin and use Hulu Desktop with even ghost to switch between the two programs, and since the Netflix plugin mostly works i will deal with it for now. But my question to anyone that can help is this. I have installed some other plugins like the free cable aggregator and noticed that some of the videos will play fine from the internet and some wont. When a video wont play it will bring up the loading stream dialogue, then that will usually be at 28% and stay there for a bit, then it goes away and nothing happens. If i try to play the same video again it says unable to open the stream, check the log for details. This is the same issue i was seeing with the hulu plugin. So i am guessing it is a different issue then what i originally thought. Any ideas?
I'm not sure what is going on with Netflix on your machine but you might want to ask here. Unfortunately the hulu plugin has been broken for awhile... I use hulu desktop with the launcher plugin (and a little autohotkey to focus it) without any issues. However what I use the most is Icefilms (it's in Anarchintosh's repo here), I recommend you check it out! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] XBMCflix and Hulu addon problem0