Need your help on project mayhem 3
hi chokey, finally the tamper's design is coming to life (again?), i just want to say 2 small things:
1. the settings and myfile button shouldn't have a nonfocus jewel button too?
2. when i made my first skin the last year, that used almost the same home scheme, i had problems with the myweather translation, specially in german it was a very long word, that i had to move out that button. i don't know if the translation has changed in german but i guess you have to take care of other languages too.

that's it, great work! your design is always very beautifull and professional. :thumbsup:
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
its shortened now in german

but i will probably redo the home completely again

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(chokemaniac @ mar. 08 2005,16:12 Wrote:its shortened now in german

but i will probably redo the home completely again
redo the whole homescreen ? what changed ur mind ?

[dreammode]
the thing that would be cool if those pics were animated. when i saw the weather image, i was imaging it to be animated, showing the flower move in the wind,etc. Smile
[/dreammode]
yea - wmv/xmv support would be da shyt

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

wow. this skin looks very nice.
however, as others have said, i think using a scroller for the buttons on the home screen would be a better choice. i know you can find a way to make it look nice. :p

a "restore default buttons" option somewhere would solve the problem with users deleting buttons and not being able to put them back. in the long run i think a easily customizable scroller would be better for xbmc than the existing fixed buttons/hard to customize popup sub-menu. especially now that it is possible to create home buttons that jump directly to bookmarks in "my programs." people have been asking for "my games," and "my emulators" buttons for a long time and now that is is possible i think it would be a step backward to use a fixed button set.

obviously you are the one designing the skin and it is entirely up to you, but since your skins pretty much define the xbmc interface i figured i would mention it because whatever you decide to use will effect all skins in the future.

when some skins use a scroller and some don't it is much more confusing for the end user than either method by itself.
very nice skin.

i have to agree with chokey, i don't think a scrolling control would work with these curved buttons. i like the way it is.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
i agree with pin87a

plus... scroller would work just fine. it just takes some creativity, which i know choke has an abundance of. just create the buttons reasonably large so we can use longer text.

there will always be some limitations (all skins have them) but that is fine.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
i most likely wont use it until the above mentioned issues are solved

you wouldn't have to scroll the buttons they would be part of the background, but the text has a flow to it and as chokey said scrolling the text would break that flow. do a cut and paste and see.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
getty images

some my pictures images from getty (there are so many of them):

nice - thanks a lot for the link!!

i spent the whole week looking for pictures - but the best pictures dont have a good density Sad

i decided to not include the home pictures in the textures.xpr so everybody can use whatever pics he likes...

good idea chokey :thumbsup:

does this mean we are close to official release if the xpr if ready?

so keeping my eye on this project my xbox will have an orgasm when this gets uploaded :nuts:
see, if you were a lady i would have been able to post a page on that remark......
the beta is available for download on my site now.

(deanrparry @ mar. 12 2005,11:16 Wrote:so keeping my eye on this project my xbox will have an orgasm when this gets uploaded :nuts:
for some reason your realistic name and avatar make that statement so much more uncomfortable for me than it would of been otherwise... i will contemplate that as i go checkout the pmiii beta...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need your help on project mayhem 30