Hulu integration
a brief description of how I got hulu desktop working in xbmc (windows)

required
Code:
Hulu Desktop
Autohotkey http://www.autohotkey.com/
Launcher addon

Create a new autohotkey script (this is just a text file with a .ahk extension. You can use notepad or any other text editor

paste the following code into the text file (change the username to your username)
Code:
IfWinExist, XBMC
WinMinimize ;

Run C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\HuluDesktop\HuluDesktop.exe
WinWait Hulu Desktop
WinActivate
WinMaximize ;
Process, waitClose, huludesktop.exe

IfWinExist, XBMC
WinActivate
WinMaximize ;

Save the textfile with a .ahk extension, right click on this file and choose compile
Autohotkey should of created you a .exe file, configure launcher to point at this .exe

It's working great for me, hope it helps you.
Any further information on this whole internet streaming topic?,,I have a lot of questions and finding them is proving difficult.

Many thanks,.
Hi Deafty,

I'd recomend searching these forums the info's all here. will just take some reading to get through it all

I'd recomend searching "icefilms" first, if you live in the UK or are good with setting up vpn's/proxys check out "iplayer"

I use icefilms primarily, however they've had some outages recently and I fall back to hulu durring those times.
That's a good idea. I am doing something similar, but I like the way you are using launcher in xbmc. How do you close hulu desktop to get back to xbmc? Is there some shortcut that I am unaware of to close hulu desktop? I was basically using hotkey to close it and open xbmc again.....
The script is desinged in a way that minimizes XBMC and launches hulu desktop.
it then waits until hulu desktops window has been closed and re maximizes XBMC and passes focus back to xbmc.

so in hulu just choose exit
Oh I see. That's awesome. I guess I never scrolled down far enough in the menu on hulu to see it had an exit feature built in.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hulu integration1