Video Library Question
So I had been using an old version of XBMC Media Companion to organize my files.Now It scrapped all my TV Show info just fine, no problems but it would never scrape any movie info just fanart and posters.

No biggie I just took out the .nfo's and let XBMC scrape the movie info.

A couple of days ago I DL'ed a new version of MC and it now scrapes the movie .nfo.So I went thru all my movies and got them edited right.

When I had XBMC repopulate the library the movies were all out of order,
could not get them to list alphabetically.The closest I could get was listing them by date added but still not quite in order.

I even did a uninstall with deleting the profile folder and a fresh install and it still does the same thing.

I take the .nfo files out and rescan and it lists them just fine.

What Gives?
Star 
You're not making the issue clear.... there is a sort menu in library mode that is for name, rating, type, date, date added, and run time. Without the .nfo none of your movies will be in the library. Look for a sliding menu when your pointer hits the left most part of the screen or the up/down arrow keys on your keyboard.
Yeah I know all that I did mention that I tried to sort them by date added.
What I'm saying is since I started using that new version of Media Companion
when I have those .nfo's in my movie folder XBMC won't list them in order by name.
When I take the .nfo's out and re-scan XBMC will list them in order by name

I'm just wondering why it's doing that
Not sure if this will help but did you try to clean the library and update it again?
Advice on Hardware
PC-LUXA2 CPU-AMD Phenom II X6 1100T RAM-12GB Video Card-AMD Radeon HD 6800
OS-Win7 32bit - Kodi - 14.0 Helix SKIN - Aeon MQ 5 Keyboard - DiNovo Mini

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
that didnt work either.

I also tried a different skin than back row and it does the same thing.
Well I'm not sure of a simple fix for it and I'm sure there are a lot of other members with far more experience, but being that you have all your video folders squared away with fanart and .nfo files and thumbs. I would go the drastic route, but then again your talking to a Marine and if at first we don't succeed we just blow it up, lol.

But I would deinstall XBMC, and make sure there are no instances left on my pc. Then I would just reinstall the latest builds, then point everything to my shares. Now the thing about doing this is that your going to lose your watched markers, amongst other things, but if you don't care about that stuff, all you lose is time.
Advice on Hardware
PC-LUXA2 CPU-AMD Phenom II X6 1100T RAM-12GB Video Card-AMD Radeon HD 6800
OS-Win7 32bit - Kodi - 14.0 Helix SKIN - Aeon MQ 5 Keyboard - DiNovo Mini

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Library Question0