Newbie problem ... no sound at all ....
I've just installed XBMC Live 10.1 after building my own HPTC as follows:

Zotac GF9300-K-E GeForce 9300 Socket 775 DVI VGA HDMI Out 6 Channel Audio Mini-ITX Motherboard
Intel Pentium E5700 3.00GHz Socket 775 2MB L2 Cache CPU
2 x Kingston 1GB DDR3 1333MHz i5 Memory Module CL9 1.5V
Kingston 16GB 2.5" SATA-II S100 SSD - Read 230MB/s Write 75MB/s

So I literally put the HPTC together and installed XBMC Live and am streaming all video over the network from a PC.

However, I CANNOT get any sound to work on any video files. What am I doing wrong guys? Sad

My initial setup is running HDMI from the HPTC to the Sony Bravia TV .. However, after that didn't work I tested running a coaxial cable from the HPTC to the stereo like I used to do for my other PC and still can't seem to get any sound at all.

If anyone can help I'll love you forever and ever as I want to be able to use my new toy ... Sad
tried the audio mixer plugin under programs, and checked to see if everythings unmuted ?
See you rock my world !! I can now get sound by connecting the HPTC to my stereo aux Smile YAY.. can't get the sound out of the TV but that may be the settings for aux .. However, I still don't seem to be able to get sound over HDMI to the TV..
Could be your sound output is set to analog not HDMI
Solar Powered Server Xubuntu 13.04 Sickbeard+Sabnzbd+Couchpotato+Headphones+mysql running @ 20 watts
Home Clients ATV2, Ouya, Xubuntu and Windows 8 all 13.2
Moblie Clients SGS5 SG Note II and SG Tab S all 13.2
Dark Knight RT-AC66U merlins build

dizzyikea Wrote:Could be your sound output is set to analog not HDMI

I tried that without the AUX and just the HDMI from the HPTC to the TV and no sound ...

I then tested the AUX from another PC to the TV and the sound played fine. The AUX doesn't seem to work at all though from the HPTC to the TV.
Ok fiddled more ... the AUX sound into the TV works when the HDMI lead is out .. but when its in its trying to get the sound from the HDMI .. Any tips?

Edit: Ok guys you've helped me loads!!

The problems were as follows:
- Sound was muted to begin with as luna pointed out
- Settings wern't set up correctly so by changing audio to HDMI and all the throughputs to HDMI as well the sound magically appeared !! (as dizzyikea pointed out)
- Some files also sounded like static gunfire. I disabled AC3 and they now work.

So now the sound works on all files !!

Thanks so much guys .. now looks like everything is working Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie problem ... no sound at all ....0