• 140(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
Does anyone know why this app crashes the device when playing a movie and then entering the lock screen? Happens on my iPhone and iPad. Running frodo.

Or this known problem?
Hey guys, new forum member here.

Just installed Constellation on my iPad 3 and a fresh Eden copy of XBMC on my Windows 7 laptop. I got the two paired up with no problems using the YouTube video but now I've run into a problem. The library of movies shows up and plays fine on my laptop, but the iPad just shows "No Movies Found" even though I tried to update the library. It is connected though as everytime I refresh the library on the iPad a message comes up along the top of the laptop screen saying "Compressing Database" and if I press play on a movie via the laptop the "Nothing Is Playing" line on the iPad changes to the title of the film being played on the laptop.

If I close the app and reopen it, a message comes up on the laptop to say a new Constellation connection has been made.

If I go down to Files on the app, I can navigate to Videos > Movies > Title > Title.mp4 and if I press play on that file it plays on the laptop but I want to be able to see the posters in the movie view.

I really want to get this working, can anyone offer any advise?
Dear, I use the skin visualição banner in mq4 not put migrates to the constellation, is not banner messaging icons ...
How do you get the iPad version to show all TV show seasons for shows where you've watched all the episodes?

I notice the little shaded "eye" icon on the shows where I've watched all the episodes thus when I look at that show I am not shown any of the seasons.

There are a couple shows where none of the seasons show.
+1
The last version crash the iPad when something is playing.
Is it possible to disable the album art iPod style on lockscreen?
(2012-11-22, 19:30)bostoneric Wrote: How do you get the iPad version to show all TV show seasons for shows where you've watched all the episodes?

I notice the little shaded "eye" icon on the shows where I've watched all the episodes thus when I look at that show I am not shown any of the seasons.

There are a couple shows where none of the seasons show.

I too am not having this issue despite these shows not showing as watched in XBMC itself. What can be done?
When we are have A button for download Vídeos from YouTube ?
I'm hoping to terms VEVO!!
For the users having issues with Constellation crashing due to the Lockscreen... you can go into the Settings App (the Apple app, not settings in Constellation) and there's an option in regards to the lockscreen, turn it off there... (also there's an "Ignore The" option for the user that commented on that as well).

Hernandito: Apple forced them to remove access to SickBeard, CouchPotato, and SabNZBd+ awhile back... (if you have a backup copy of 2.8.2 you can access those features) 2.8.3 and newer have them removed (except in beta versions).

pejobo: Due to recent changes to XBMC's API for Frodo, there's some issues with connections, which may be why your lists appear empty. Can you give me some more details about your setup? (XBMC Version, Constellation Version, iOS Device and Version) "Live" Support should be working fine (unless it had recent API changes as well, I don't use it, so I'm unsure if it changed)

Newsleecher / Indiana: See the comment at the top of this post

philzy: Are you sure that the files are scanned properly into your XBMC Library? Do you have a Green/Orange/Red light in the top left corner of the app? If you want, you can PM me with details and we can chat via Instant Messenger and try to walk through a few things to fix the issue.

bostoneric / halburrows: I'm not sure why your database is acting that way... the main point of the little eye isn't just to mark what was watched in XBMC, but it's a way to allow you to still see the file in Constellation in case you want to watch it again... (as in, it shouldn't hide them). My suggestion is go to settings in Constellation (the "Cog" icon) and do "Remove database" confirm that, wait a few seconds/minute (pending on size of library) and then do "Resync local data"... you should see the status bar at the top (under where it would have a movie/episode name) for the sync again. For good measures, after that sync finishes before you do anything, close the app, bring up the AppSwitcher and force close it... reopen and you should be good.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Hi,

I have purchased the full package to control my brand new raspberry powered by openelec nightly build. It works like a charm but I have an issue.

It is the second time I can't launch the app anymore it crashes at launch. I have tried to play with the settings but it is still the same. The only way is to remove the app and install it again. This is anoying because I have to make again all my settings each times.

The last time I use it was to launch a show (yesterday) and today it crashes every time.

I'm under iOS 6 with iPhone 4S.

I can provide the crash log if you want but I m not sure it could be useful.

Thanks for your time. Regards
(2012-11-27, 11:36)Archigos Wrote: pejobo: Due to recent changes to XBMC's API for Frodo, there's some issues with connections, which may be why your lists appear empty. Can you give me some more details about your setup? (XBMC Version, Constellation Version, iOS Device and Version) "Live" Support should be working fine (unless it had recent API changes as well, I don't use it, so I'm unsure if it changed)

@Archigos or anyone
Are you aware that with Frodo liveTV no longer shows EPG data on the constellation app? Any idea if they are working on getting it fixed?

Thanks,
Krys
(2012-11-27, 11:36)Archigos Wrote: For the users having issues with Constellation crashing due to the Lockscreen... you can go into the Settings App (the Apple app, not settings in Constellation) and there's an option in regards to the lockscreen, turn it off there... (also there's an "Ignore The" option for the user that commented on that as well).

Thank you, but where did you find these option?
I'm on iOS 5.1.1 on iPad and iPhone4 and don't find anything about lockscreen.
Just the ability of auto lock in General settings...
Undecided
(2012-11-28, 22:48)CyrilP Wrote: Hi,

I have purchased the full package to control my brand new raspberry powered by openelec nightly build. It works like a charm but I have an issue.

It is the second time I can't launch the app anymore it crashes at launch. I have tried to play with the settings but it is still the same. The only way is to remove the app and install it again. This is anoying because I have to make again all my settings each times.

The last time I use it was to launch a show (yesterday) and today it crashes every time.

I'm under iOS 6 with iPhone 4S.

I can provide the crash log if you want but I m not sure it could be useful.

Thanks for your time. Regards
Cyril, sadly I can't really help you with this issue (other than guessing) since I don't have access to an OpenELEC system to test and I know there's some changes between Constellation on iOS 5+ and iOS6+ (I'm running an iPhone4 iOS 5.1.1 and iPad (1st Gen) iOS 5.1.1).

I sent a message to a buddy of mine that has a new RaspberryPi to see if he'd be willing to run some tests for me but I'm not sure if/when he'll respond. So until then, a few basic suggestions to try:
You mention to 'fix' the crash you fully delete the app and reinstall, have you tried to force quit the app and try to reopen? Or force quit after a crash and reboot the device (again without deleting it) to see if it will help it... either of these, if they do allow the app to open properly will save you the hassle of filling in the settings again.
If that still doesn't work and you do remove the app, after installing it (before you open it the first time) go to the Apple Settings App and turn on "Experimental Sync", then start the app and set it up like normal.

If none of this works, you can feel free to PM me and try to give me some more details and we can either chat via PM or a normal IM and we can try to debug the issue. (For all I know is there may be an actual issue with the version of OpenELEC or the copy of XBMC that it runs)

(2012-11-29, 05:30)allen00se Wrote:
(2012-11-27, 11:36)Archigos Wrote: pejobo: Due to recent changes to XBMC's API for Frodo, there's some issues with connections, which may be why your lists appear empty. Can you give me some more details about your setup? (XBMC Version, Constellation Version, iOS Device and Version) "Live" Support should be working fine (unless it had recent API changes as well, I don't use it, so I'm unsure if it changed)
@Archigos or anyone
Are you aware that with Frodo liveTV no longer shows EPG data on the constellation app? Any idea if they are working on getting it fixed?

Thanks,
Krys
Krys, as I stated to pejobo I had a suspicion that it was due to recent XBMC API changes, which was confirmed when I read back over some of the other posts, most notably a few posts by Dawid that commented about the LiveTV EPG specifically and stated that the issue has been identified and requires a 'small hack' to XBMC to correct currently. I'm not sure if he posted instructions on how to do that part yet, but I know he's worked on similar hacks/tweaks before that have been accepted and integrated into XBMC so it's probably just a matter of time before the fix is part of XBMC itself, otherwise, read back a page or two of posts you may find the info you need.

(2012-11-29, 16:16)lndiana Wrote:
(2012-11-27, 11:36)Archigos Wrote: For the users having issues with Constellation crashing due to the Lockscreen... you can go into the Settings App (the Apple app, not settings in Constellation) and there's an option in regards to the lockscreen, turn it off there... (also there's an "Ignore The" option for the user that commented on that as well).
Thank you, but where did you find these option?
I'm on iOS 5.1.1 on iPad and iPhone4 and don't find anything about lockscreen.
Just the ability of auto lock in General settings...
Undecided
Indiana, below are some screenshots that I'll leave available for at least a week or two that show what I'm talking about.

First, for those unsure when I say "Apple Settings App" and not the settings in Constellation... It's the icon on the far LEFT.

The Lockscreen related issue can be resolved by making sure "Overide LockScreen" is turned OFF

Again, I don't use LiveTV features with XBMC, but for the people that wanted to know where those settings are:
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
(2012-11-30, 03:18)Archigos Wrote: Cyril, sadly I can't really help you with this issue (other than guessing) since I don't have access to an OpenELEC system to test and I know there's some changes between Constellation on iOS 5+ and iOS6+ (I'm running an iPhone4 iOS 5.1.1 and iPad (1st Gen) iOS 5.1.1).

I sent a message to a buddy of mine that has a new RaspberryPi to see if he'd be willing to run some tests for me but I'm not sure if/when he'll respond. So until then, a few basic suggestions to try:
You mention to 'fix' the crash you fully delete the app and reinstall, have you tried to force quit the app and try to reopen? Or force quit after a crash and reboot the device (again without deleting it) to see if it will help it... either of these, if they do allow the app to open properly will save you the hassle of filling in the settings again.
If that still doesn't work and you do remove the app, after installing it (before you open it the first time) go to the Apple Settings App and turn on "Experimental Sync", then start the app and set it up like normal.

If none of this works, you can feel free to PM me and try to give me some more details and we can either chat via PM or a normal IM and we can try to debug the issue. (For all I know is there may be an actual issue with the version of OpenELEC or the copy of XBMC that it runs)

Dear Archigo, I think there is a misunderstanding. In fact Constellation App is not launching anymore EVEN out my home network. I mean, the app crash at launch when there are also no xbmc device in range to be connected. I try all you said (force quit / reboot) no change. I will try the experimental sync (by the way what you mean by experimental ?) Is a corrupted database (on the app) could lead to a crash at every run ? Thanks for your time, I will PM you back if it occurs again with experimental sync.

Also feel free to ask me test thing on my Pi runnging latest OpenElec (based on last git comit from xbmc repo). I have strong knoweldge in several languages so feel free to ask me what ever could be usefull to you Smile

(2012-11-30, 10:12)CyrilP Wrote: Dear Archigo, I think there is a misunderstanding. In fact Constellation App is not launching anymore EVEN out my home network. I mean, the app crash at launch when there are also no xbmc device in range to be connected. I try all you said (force quit / reboot) no change. I will try the experimental sync (by the way what you mean by experimental ?) Is a corrupted database (on the app) could lead to a crash at every run ? Thanks for your time, I will PM you back if it occurs again with experimental sync.

Also feel free to ask me test thing on my Pi runnging latest OpenElec (based on last git comit from xbmc repo). I have strong knoweldge in several languages so feel free to ask me what ever could be usefull to you Smile

You're not alone. I'm also running OpenElec (2.95.2 - x86_64 ION), and Constellation crashes immediately after starting on my iPad.
  • 140(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5