• 23(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
Lopes38 Wrote:I can't seem to get this to work.. When I try to launch the iPhone app it just crashes after 3 seconds. What should I try?

I'm on iOS 4.1.. That should be supported, right?
Well what can I say you are german bro Wink there is a problem with the umlauts. Actualy one of the german scrapers doesn't write correct UTF-8 chars to the xbmc DB.

samzstein Wrote:two things,
one request: add tv show synopsis
one bug: 720p videos are using the 1080p flag by mistake.
sure we can add that.... And we will have a look @ the 720p --> 1080p problem.

iorifly Wrote:When I click the facebook application closes!
Another doubt how to perform - Cinema Experience Script support (hold play in movies for 2s) (experimental) - Do not understand how to use this feature ...
Can anyone help me?

It would secure the player for 2 seconds? ?? ??

First of all did you set up the cinema script ? There was also a bug in the scrip that it would not play movies in ISO / rar files... If you get the script running you do not have to use any special skins just hold the play button for a movie until the trailers start... The FB button will be fixed in the upcoming release.

clckwrkorange Wrote:One of the few apps I've actually paid for!

One issue with me. It seems like about half the time I try to slide the volume up or down it ends up kicking me to the beginning or toward the end of a video which drives me nuts. Then I have to inch forward or back to where I was. The beginning isn't so bad, but when it goes forward too far it sometimes spoils the show.

Not sure if I'm fat fingering the thing. I try to be really careful. Just a FYI

iPhone 4
Thx For you kind words Smile Sure wi will have a look @ the volume slider on iphone.. and fix it
DomesticMachine Wrote:I have experienced a strange problem with iPad 1.4.1 for a few times now: sometimes when I view movie / TV show info, tap on fanart to view it fullscreen, and then tap again to exit, the remote panel suddenly slides down and doesn't go away, no matter what I do (need to force close Constellation). This seems to be one of those elusive bugs that just don't happen when you are trying to reproduce them, but I have now seen this maybe a dozen times, so I'm _almost_ sure I'm not just imagining it. Smile

Yeah, ISO playback. I tried a fresh install with a nightly build, and that fixed the issue, so seems it was some setting from 10.1 that caused this. However, I ran into another issue - a little jerk in video every couple of minutes or so. So I'm back to 10.1 again, I guess I can live without movie sets in Constellation for now. Smile

Hmm I have been sitting hear for like half an hour now and just can't reproduce this problem (The one with the remote dropping down). Well I will give it a try later on.
FSS_Dawid Wrote:Hmm I have been sitting hear for like half an hour now and just can't reproduce this problem (The one with the remote dropping down). Well I will give it a try later on.

I tried for about an hour or so to see if I could give more details, couldn't reproduce it either.

On another note, have you guys had a chance to look at changing the watched checkmark to something more noticeable yet? The only other thing I've noticed (which is probably something local on my end) is that I customized the images for movie sets with transparent png files and most of them show that way, but some seemed to get a white background on them during sync. I can make a screenshot later if you'd like.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Archigos Wrote:I tried for about an hour or so to see if I could give more details, couldn't reproduce it either.

On another note, have you guys had a chance to look at changing the watched checkmark to something more noticeable yet? The only other thing I've noticed (which is probably something local on my end) is that I customized the images for movie sets with transparent png files and most of them show that way, but some seemed to get a white background on them during sync. I can make a screenshot later if you'd like.
Yes we have the new image for watched somewhere just have to replace it Smile Sure send me a screen. That can be a problem with the image rendering process and png file we assumed XBMC will only send jpegs and no one will actually bother to replace them with custom PNG's Wink
After some debugging (thanks to the Constellation crew ! Cool) they found the problems.

1. TV-Show not shown

In the database-files (i use a MySQL on a win-server) 'episode' and/or 'tvshow' have been some entries with latin code and some not utf8 german umlauts.

After some try and error to convert - i truncated these files and started the scraper new. The scraper works quick and did a good job - so all entries are fine.

2. Crash after a few seconds to springboard

These was a result of the same problrms with non utf8 in some database-entries.

After updating the database only with utf8 - all work fine !

The problem at all was not having utf8.

Cool

Constellation will fix that in a future version...
just 4 fun :laugh:
I just downloaded the app and cannot get it to connect at all with XBMC. I'm running Windows XP and, having seen another apparently relevant post in this thread, in Network Settings I set the port at "Allow control of XBMC via HTTP" at "9090", and all the options in Network Settings are checked. My Windows Firewall is set to allow data flow for XBMC.
Any ideas? No doubt I've made some stupid numpty error.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
First of all did you set up the cinema script ? There was also a bug in the scrip that it would not play movies in ISO / rar files... If you get the script running you do not have to use any special skins just hold the play button for a movie until the trailers start... The FB button will be fixed in the upcoming release.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

More I need to have the Pro version to use the home cinema? need to enable something?
That should work already? else what is the first icon on the screen movies? ||-|| <- Like that.
When I click on it nothing happens ...
Clarkie Wrote:I just downloaded the app and cannot get it to connect at all with XBMC. I'm running Windows XP and, having seen another apparently relevant post in this thread, in Network Settings I set the port at "Allow control of XBMC via HTTP" at "9090", and all the options in Network Settings are checked. My Windows Firewall is set to allow data flow for XBMC.
Any ideas? No doubt I've made some stupid numpty error.

I don't use the default port for XBMC, but wasn't it 8080? I mean if you changed it to 9090 that's fine (as long as nothing else is trying to use that port. You have to make sure that the port on XBMC and Constellation are exact matches, as well as the user/pass. You should also make sure the bottom two options are selected (you do NOT need to have the "Allow Control of XBMC via UPnP" even though it is shown in the screenshot below)

Your screen will probably differ slightly pending on which build of XBMC you're using as well as Skin.

---
@Dawid:
I went to create those screenshots for you and noticed that all the movie sets had the white background except for the Harry Potter collection, however after scrolling back from the bottom (looking for others) HP had the white background too... So I took that shot first:

Then I went into the options and just did a "Flush Image Cache" (so I didn't lose the library) and not sure how/why, but when the images started coming back, they all shifted over one (don't think I added any new movies) but the transparency worked again:

I have about 35-40 movie sets using similar style set icons (I know they look smaller than normal ones, but looks fine on the TV... I screwed up the dimensions in the Photoshop Action I was using) I can send you a group of the icons in that style if you want them for testing. (Hell, can make you some if you give me a movie list)
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
I loved this collection, how can I be? aeon skin MQ3?
iorifly Wrote:I loved this collection, how can I be? aeon skin MQ3?

That Network Settings Screenshot was MQ3 yes, however the collection icons aren't part of the skin... I've created most of the ones I use... If you have an English version of Adobe Photoshop (the Action Script will NOT work with other language installs) I can write up a tutorial on how to create them...

Or, if you only need a small number (less than 15 or so) I can make them for you. You just have to send me the name of the collection and the names of the movies for it... (with links to IMDB or tMDb to make it easier).

Example: (I already have this one, that's why I'm too lazy to find the links)
"BloodRayne Collection"
* BloodRayne
* BloodRayne Deliverance
* BloodRayne: The Third Reich
Archigos Wrote:That Network Settings Screenshot was MQ3 yes, however the collection icons aren't part of the skin... I've created most of the ones I use... If you have an English version of Adobe Photoshop (the Action Script will NOT work with other language installs) I can write up a tutorial on how to create them...

Or, if you only need a small number (less than 15 or so) I can make them for you. You just have to send me the name of the collection and the names of the movies for it... (with links to IMDB or tMDb to make it easier).

Example: (I already have this one, that's why I'm too lazy to find the links)
"BloodRayne Collection"
* BloodRayne
* BloodRayne Deliverance
* BloodRayne: The Third Reich

Great friend,

No need! I do not want to give him leave that job for the future!

Congratulations!
iorifly Wrote:Great friend,

No need! I do not want to give him leave that job for the future!

Congratulations!

I'm not sure what you mean by that... give who leave? The collection icons have nothing to do with Dawid or Constellation for that matter... (or MQ3) it's something I've done on my own just cause I liked the look of it... I'm out of work on disability and other than doctor appointments, I have NOTHING to do most days. (Which is why I help on the forum, cause I really like this app)

--Edit--
I was bored and since I already have sweet image gallery software (plus I said I'd provide to Dawid if needed) here's a link to a gallery with about 80 or so Movie Collection icons... I want to note, the majority of the icons there (as of the time of this post) were NOT created by me... I think in the current state I've done like 10 of them. So credit for most of them go to the original creator... sadly, don't remember who that was.
Movie Set Icons

--Edit 2--
Original icons were found here
Hi,

Also my first app purchase (Pro)! ;-)

Why is it my media flags are displaying wrong, i.e. SD is showing when I know the movie is HD, and XBMC reports it correctly, only the application shows it wrongly?

Few crashes now and again, but nothing major!

Mark
markswift Wrote:Hi,

Also my first app purchase (Pro)! ;-)

Why is it my media flags are displaying wrong, i.e. SD is showing when I know the movie is HD, and XBMC reports it correctly, only the application shows it wrongly?

Few crashes now and again, but nothing major!

Mark

There was also an issue with some 1080 sources showing up as 720... this is currently being looked into.
Few words for FSS, developer of Constellation.

As we all noticed, almost every version that fixes one thing, breaks some other. We, the users, are your beta testers - what is fine as long as it's voluntary, it's useful, and it's possible to revert to some useful version.

From above:
1. There's no "stable" version
2. There's no possibility to provide any useful input (app crashes without any notification)
3. Release process it slowed down by Apple, without possibility to go back to previous version.

Right now I have a useless application, crashing right after start, and no way to go back to previous version. I have to wait till no one knows, when Apple accepts your release, and it appears in Polish Appstore.

Apple allows up to 100 devices to be bound as development devices, skipping appstore, by what you could have a normal beta program, with people signing up voluntarily. Maybe you should consider that way?
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5