• 33(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
Archigos Wrote:I'm curious about a few things which might help with figuring out your problem.
  • What version of XBMC are you running? 10.1 or a Nightly (what date)
  • When you get the error (poor connection) does the status light in Constellation change from Green to Yellow?

The gesture zone is the area inside the red box in the third image (for clarification for others having a hard time finding it).
Note: Disregard the red status in Constellation, my HTPC was powered off at the time of those shots.

Thanks for getting back to me.
- I'm running XBMC 10.1.
- The error I was getting was an error showing up on the TV screen (not Constellation App), it seems to be when the movie scraping isn't working properly (connection drop on my ADSL).

Anyway, thanks for clearing up, regarding the gesture zone. It was where I suspected it was and it seems it's merely me not knowing how to use it!
I have given it a renewed play around with and I think the problem must have been that I was being too quick (or small) with my swipes.
I can now confirm that I can move up, down, left, right by using a single, slow swipe in the appropriate direction, and that I can click by pressing in the centre of the area (works best after a swipe).
I do however think an improvement woul be the option to have clickable d-pad style buttons for direction.

I'm very impressed with the effort you have made. In the interest of supporting individual developers on good products, I have just bought the full iPhone/ipad version.

Keep up the good work!
Ebatte Wrote:I can't seem to get the app to work on my iPad or iPhone. I get a green light for the connection in constellation and within about ten seconds the app crashes. It never displays a list of movies or anything else.

Running xbmc 10.1 on windows 7. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Eric

So no suggestions? No one else has similar issues? I would love to get this working.
Ebatte Wrote:So no suggestions? No one else has similar issues? I would love to get this working.

Since there are many possible causes and so many different types of home networks it's not always a simple 'do this' or 'do that' type of thing.

You said you're running 10.1 on Win7, so I wondered if you can confirm a few things (these are basic things sometimes overlooked)
From XBMC
  • Verify XBMC is running prior to opening Constellation
  • Do you have Libraries set up properly? (NOT using "File Mode")
  • What Firewall software are you using on XBMC System?
From iDevice Since you said you had a green status in Constellation I assume the firewall 'shouldn't' be an issue, but it may be blocking the EventServer port.

My suggestion would to be fully remove the app from your iDevice and reboot the device (just in case). After reboot resync the app to the device, open it, but do NOT yet set up your connection. Instead, under the "Config" menu (the 'gear') do the options to clear the local data... this is to remove any leftover traces that were on the device. Now, try to setup your connection like normal and once you tell it to connect, don't touch the device for a few minutes (it 'may' appear to crash again, if it does, just restart it). Pending on the size of your library it may take awhile, but just let it go. If all goes well, it should stop acting sporadic and leave you at the 'start' screen in Constellation. I'd say leave it on that screen for at least a few minutes (first time) just to let it do it's thing.

---
@jc74:
Quote:I'm very impressed with the effort you have made. In the interest of supporting individual developers on good products, I have just bought the full iPhone/ipad version.
Impressed with my help or with FSS and their team for the application? As previously stated, I'm not associated with the developers past the fact that I beta test for them. They've created such a wonderfully useful application that I'm proud to offer support for it as well. Either way, I'm sure they appreciate the kind words and support of your purchase. Big Grin
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Quote: Either way, I'm sure they appreciate the kind words and support of your purchase.

I did support them with my purchase, but it would seem that without you answering our question, there would be not technical support, where as the support gone?
There seem to be a few people having trouble with the nightly builds, me included, I have posted on here and sent e-mail to no avail, They state on Itunes that v11 is " Fully supported" but this is not true because if you go above a certain build thing stop working, perhaps they should state this on Itunes.

come on FSS guys what happening, perhaps its time to fix to a particular nightly build and tell us all not to go above that.

Rant over

Yes this is a very nice program, but would be nicer if things worked as they should Nod

Just so you know what my problems are

Quote:Hi Guys,

I seem to be having some problems,

I am running a nightly build from the 4/9/11 on Windows 7 XBMC

problem 1) When I sort my movies by " Label " My movie collection disappears , But is ok if I sort by Year,Rating,Recently and playcount.

Problem 2) I added some movie sets but they don't show up unless I select sort by Label, and If I do a search only individual movies show not the collection ( perhaps the last bit is by design)

Problem 3) when I select a movie set there is nothing there, no fan art or anything, just black. even though everything show up OK in XBMC

Can someone tell me which XBMC nightly version they are using where they can get there movie collection to show when sorted by label and are you having any problem with sets in that nightly build.

I am presuming that I can install an old nightly version over a recent one

Would appreciate if someone could throw some light on this

Thanks

FSS_Dawid Wrote:We know about the broken nightly build support. We will support new JSON when XBMC Dev Team stops changing namespaces (so often) - otherwise it's continous development on and on...

We will wait a little bit longer with this release as we are currently working on some new (simpler) navigation flow and photo support. We would like to include it in the next release but it make take some time. Meanwhile, if you are using one of the nightlies, stay before Sep 6th.

Kind regards.

Whilst we understand that the nightly builds are move, What version can we use, that you have test as working, seem that 3rd September and above are effected, how far back should be go

Thanks
Hi Guys,

Ok for anyone that is interested I have solved most of my above problems by going back to nightly build 24/8/11.

Download it here http://www.filesonic.com/file/2006277031...master.exe

hope it works for you
m0v1em4n Wrote:I did support them with my purchase, but it would seem that without you answering our question, there would be not technical support, where as the support gone?
Granted I can't say for sure since I don't know Dawid and the others, but it was mentioned at least once prior that they are a small group and they are/were currently working on at least three different applications at the same time. It wasn't stated if all of these were XBMC related, but either way, sometimes priorities may conflict with an end users perception.

I can't think of a good way to word what I'm thinking, but essentially Constellation is a free application that they are spending a lot of their time on. Yes there's a pro version, but when you boil it down, it's the equivalent of a donation button.

Quote:There seem to be a few people having trouble with the nightly builds, me included, I have posted on here and sent e-mail to no avail, They state on Itunes that v11 is " Fully supported" but this is not true because if you go above a certain build thing stop working, perhaps they should state this.
I agree, it probably should be reworded on iTunes, but at the time it was originally written, it was valid. The Nightlies are beta versions and Team XBMC are making constant changes, it's not feasible that any third party app will be "Fully Supported" throughout the entire process of Eden.

Quote:come on FSS guys what happening, perhaps its time to fix to a particular nightly build and tell us all not to go above that.
From what I've been reading, the latest nightly that hasn't had any problems was PRIOR to the Sept. 5 Nightly... For reference, I just checked and I'm currently running the Aug. 29 build with no issues.

Quote:Just so you know what my problems are:
problem 1) When I sort my movies by " Label " My movie collection disappears , But is ok if I sort by Year,Rating,Recently and playcount.

Problem 2) I added some movie sets but they don't show up unless I select sort by Label, and If I do a search only individual movies show not the collection ( perhaps the last bit is by design)

Problem 3) when I select a movie set there is nothing there, no fan art or anything, just black. even though everything show up OK in XBMC

Can someone tell me which XBMC nightly version they are using where they can get there movie collection to show when sorted by label and are you having any problem with sets in that nightly build.

I am presuming that I can install an old nightly version over a recent one
As stated above, I'm using the Aug. 29 build of XBMC and I'm using the 1.4.2 version of Constellation on both an iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.6) and a 1st Gen iPad 64GB Wifi (4.3.3).
For problem 1, I can't reproduce your exact issue since my library shows up fine when sorted by "Label", however, I did notice that if I sort by anything OTHER than "Label" that it displays ALL movies (flattens sets) where "Label" shows the sets correctly. Suggestions:
  • Clean Video Library
  • Check for Foreign Characters in Titles
Problem 2: This is possibly related to problem 1. When I sorted by "Label" and did a search for a movie I knew was in a set it did NOT show the movie unless it was inside a set with similar name (Ex: Set Name: Harry Potter - you could find it searching that name, but searching the word "Prisoner" for example wouldn't show HP3). When I sorted by "Year" sets didn't show up, so the movie search would find the exact movie but would be blank for set names like "Foreign".
Problem 3: Again, has to be related to Problem 1.

As far as 'downgrading' the Nightly builds... I'm not sure if it works, by the sounds they have made changes to JSON and other areas recently, but not to the database structure itself, so backup your entire userdata folder to another location, downgrade and try it... if you lose your library, reinstall the nightly you were on and after upgrade restore your userdata folder.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
@Archigos,
Yes xbmc is running and xbmc gives notification that constellation has connected.

Yes libraries are setup properly and working in xbmc.

Firewall in use is windows 7 firewall.

I'll try the app reinstall/reconfigure this evening and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for the advice.
@Archigos, I reinstalled per your instructions and Constellation now connects properly and quickly, and I can see all libraries. It is still crashing way more than it should, but at least it's working intermittently.

Thanks for the advice.
Ebatte Wrote:@Archigos, I reinstalled per your instructions and Constellation now connects properly and quickly, and I can see all libraries. It is still crashing way more than it should, but at least it's working intermittently.

Thanks for the advice.

This probably doesn't have anything to do with it, but I find when apps crash more than they should to do an actual reboot on the device. Is your iDevice jailbroken by chance? Some Cydia apps tend to screw with apps like Constellation... (Backgrounder for instance)
Archigos Wrote:This probably doesn't have anything to do with it, but I find when apps crash more than they should to do an actual reboot on the device. Is your iDevice jailbroken by chance? Some Cydia apps tend to screw with apps like Constellation... (Backgrounder for instance)

No, not jail broken. Of course I just rebooted before trying to use constellation again. The iPad app seems to be more stable now than on the iPhone.

Another thing I noticed was that the iPhone app allows use of plugins, while I don't see that option on the iPad. Can I use plugins on the iPad app and I just overlooked it?
Ebatte Wrote:Another thing I noticed was that the iPhone app allows use of plugins, while I don't see that option on the iPad. Can I use plugins on the iPad app and I just overlooked it?

plugins are accessible on the iPad app via the jigsaw piece icon next to the keypad icon on the controls (remote) menu... That is if you have the updated version of the app on your iPad!

If I remember rightly it was included in the last update to 1.4.2
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
Are there plans to support non-standard (meaning non-english) characters?
(sorry for my bad english)
Ebatte Wrote:Another thing I noticed was that the iPhone app allows use of plugins, while I don't see that option on the iPad. Can I use plugins on the iPad app and I just overlooked it?

Burbulence Wrote:plugins are accessible on the iPad app via the jigsaw piece icon next to the keypad icon on the controls (remote) menu... That is if you have the updated version of the app on your iPad!

If I remember rightly it was included in the last update to 1.4.2

I'm doing maintenance on my server, so XBMC isn't running right now, but when you pull down the Remote on the iPad version, you'll see the jigsaw image like Burbulence said.

The plug ins work a bit different on the iPad than on the iPhone so if you still need a little help on that, I can write up something about the features on both later when I finish upgrading the stuff on my server.
jakjak Wrote:Are there plans to support non-standard (meaning non-english) characters?
(sorry for my bad english)

Last time I checked they were trying to support it, but I'm not sure how far they've gotten with it or which version it will be available in. Are their specific characters giving you trouble? I don't have too many foreign films so I just changed them to remove the accent. (ex. ë to e)
Is there a way to be able to browse my library, and then play av movie when XBMC is not started om my PC yet ?

Would like a feature where you can browse a movie, then when you press play then XBMC will startup and play the movie i choosed om my ipad Smile

//Stellan
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5