• 34(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
Hello,

I just downloaded and purchased Constellation for My iPad. It looks awesome so I hope I'll get som answers to My problems...

First off connection is up an showing Green lights for both http and json! The dashboard also shows correct number of movies and tv shows! Initially I had problems getting any libraries at all to show, but after some playing around with everything from "Pull down to Sync" to "Resync local data" I got my TV-shows library to show up. Not sure what I did but after 20 minutes or so there it was. That might be something to clarify in the FAQs - the procedure of syncing your libraries for the first time.

Unfortunately the movie Library remains blank, completely black Sad I have 1200 movies and i'm wondering if that's a problem? As for TV-shows I only have 60 or so (adding up to something like 1600 episodes though). I've tried to manually sync but nothing seems to happen, i've also tried the experimental sync i found in app settings but that made no change. On the dashboard i see three of the most recent movies added and i can access them and play them without any problems... Only problem i have is that my movie Library is completely empty Sad It should also be mentioned that while fiddling around with all sync options the app crashed a few times - as did my XBMC-system! This might very well be due to the fact that I (for all i know) was initiating new syncs while others where going on... as I see no feedback in the app it's hard to know if something is actually happening.

I'm running a nightly build form september 4 on my ATV2. I'll try setting up a windows version until tomorrow to see if the problem lies in XBMC for iOS or not.

Any help at all would be greatly apprechiated! This app looks SO promising I just NEED to get this up and running Smile Great work so far guys!
PelleBoA Wrote:Hello,

I just downloaded and purchased Constellation for My iPad. It looks awesome so I hope I'll get som answers to My problems...

First off connection is up an showing Green lights for both http and json! The dashboard also shows correct number of movies and tv shows! Initially I had problems getting any libraries at all to show, but after some playing around with everything from "Pull down to Sync" to "Resync local data" I got my TV-shows library to show up. Not sure what I did but after 20 minutes or so there it was. That might be something to clarify in the FAQs - the procedure of syncing your libraries for the first time.

Unfortunately the movie Library remains blank, completely black Sad I have 1200 movies and i'm wondering if that's a problem? As for TV-shows I only have 60 or so (adding up to something like 1600 episodes though). I've tried to manually sync but nothing seems to happen, i've also tried the experimental sync i found in app settings but that made no change. On the dashboard i see three of the most recent movies added and i can access them and play them without any problems... Only problem i have is that my movie Library is completely empty Sad It should also be mentioned that while fiddling around with all sync options the app crashed a few times - as did my XBMC-system! This might very well be due to the fact that I (for all i know) was initiating new syncs while others where going on... as I see no feedback in the app it's hard to know if something is actually happening.

I'm running a nightly build form september 4 on my ATV2. I'll try setting up a windows version until tomorrow to see if the problem lies in XBMC for iOS or not.

Any help at all would be greatly apprechiated! This app looks SO promising I just NEED to get this up and running Smile Great work so far guys!

Hi,

I would try rolling back the nightly build even more, that solved all my problems, I went back to August
Blaxxor Wrote:Is there a way to be able to browse my library, and then play av movie when XBMC is not started om my PC yet ?

Would like a feature where you can browse a movie, then when you press play then XBMC will startup and play the movie i choosed om my ipad Smile

//Stellan
This currently isn't possible, they have talked about trying to use EventGhost in a future version which may make it do-able at that point. To my knowledge none of the current remotes allow you to remotely start XBMC or browse the 'real' library offline (XBMC Commander allows you to browse the locally cached version only).

PelleBoA Wrote:Hello,

You're correct, the first sync does take awhile, they've talked about adding some kind of status bar to the sync process to help users see that it's still syncing/working. The movie count shouldn't be a factor in if it works or not, but the more you have, the longer it takes. (I have about 1000 movies and over 250 shows {10,000+ episodes}.)

As m0v1em4n commented, you may want to roll back to an Aug. build (I use Aug. 28 or 29, not in front of the system right now) because Team XBMC has made recent changes to the JSON API they use which is probably causing your issues. I don't have an ATV2 and haven't bothered to actually use XBMC on my iPad (much) so no clues on iOS issues for that.

I think I'm going to create a dedicated section on my Wiki tomorrow after I get back from the hospital that should help most of you guys out... feel free to PM me ideas/suggestions on which areas to concentrate on. I'll post the link (again) after I finish getting the basics covered.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Thanks for your reply Archigos

I'll keep my eyes open for any updates regarding this. Would be awesome Smile

//Stellan
Thanks to Archigos for all the help, much appreciated!

It would be helpful to at least know the xbmc nightly build number constellation is known to work with. And to know where to get this build. Rolleyes

I'm looking forward to the new section on your wiki, Archigos.

Cheers.
Does this work with current nightlies? Tried it with my ATV2, HTTP says connected but JSON RPC shows disconnected. Ports dont have to be open, all is behind the same router. Tried to open ports also, but without success. I can control XBMC with the Remote Functions, but i dont see my movies/tvshows at all. Tried to force sync, but nothing happened. I use a shared mySQL connection, might that be the issue?
jakjak Wrote:Are there plans to support non-standard (meaning non-english) characters?
(sorry for my bad english)

Yes. There is a problem witch chars with ppl that use the incorrect Chartypes in MySQL we have found a work around for this. You should find it fixed in the latest update.

Blaxxor Wrote:Is there a way to be able to browse my library, and then play av movie when XBMC is not started om my PC yet ?

Would like a feature where you can browse a movie, then when you press play then XBMC will startup and play the movie i choosed om my ipad Smile

//Stellan
This will be implemented for windows users. In a while...

maSp Wrote:Thanks to Archigos for all the help, much appreciated!

It would be helpful to at least know the xbmc nightly build number constellation is known to work with. And to know where to get this build. Rolleyes

I'm looking forward to the new section on your wiki, Archigos.

Cheers.

I can tell you that we use The PVR Build OPK-46 and we have no problems with it.

Maetrik Wrote:Does this work with current nightlies? Tried it with my ATV2, HTTP says connected but JSON RPC shows disconnected. Ports dont have to be open, all is behind the same router. Tried to open ports also, but without success. I can control XBMC with the Remote Functions, but i dont see my movies/tvshows at all. Tried to force sync, but nothing happened. I use a shared mySQL connection, might that be the issue?

We just rejected a update Form apple because the JSON interface just changed again Sad now we actually need to support 3 versions of XBMC v10.1 V11 < 04/09/2011 V11 > 04/09/2011.

And I have a small announcement to make we are looking for ppl that would help us test our new app Witch is a remote for PLEX with transcoding (you can watch all your movies on iPad and download them to the device) the beta testing release will be this friday.
Hello again,

After some long hours of searching I finally found an older version of the iOS XBMC nightlies that I was recommended to downgrade to. I now run the 2011-08-27 nightly (instead of 2011-09-05) on my ATV2 in hopes of getting proper JSON functionality to get my libraries to show up. Problem was the "official" page for nightlies only keep the latest 10 days or so and I since I was told to get a nightly from before september I was out of luck. I searched ALOT of unofficial sites and finally found what seems to be a good pre-september build over here in case someone else needs to downgrade: http://xctechs.info/files/latest_082711_atv2.deb

This is what happened...

0. I downgraded XBMC to the 110827 build.
1. I uninstalled Constellation and reinstalled, 1.42, added my host and waited...
2. As soon as the lights turned green, takes like 30 secs for JSON to light up, the app crashed.
3. I restarted the app and it instantly crashed again.
4. I restarted again and now the app didn't crash... Dashboard shows 0 items in all categories. I sat idle and waited for 5 mins but no updates on Dashboard.
5. I click the movie library and YES - it's there! It's in the process of updating I suppose. When returning to the dashboard it reports correct number of items in all categories!

WeeEEEeEEeeeEEe! I'm so happy now (and a paying user) ! I understand you are all working hard and it doesn't become any easier when XBMC nightlies constantly changes the "rules" of how to communicate. I can only hope for an active community around the Constellation app and an active Development team to continue supporting changes in XBMC.

I would suggest some sort of "newbie" forum though that CLEARLY states what version of XBMC nightlies that are fully supported so that people don't have to go through all the problems I did Smile Also, I suggest implementing some sort of progress indicator when the library is updating - like for the first time after installing the app.

Again, Great App - Keep up the good work!
PelleBoA Wrote:Hello again,

I was given the recomendation to find an older nightly build (I'm running a september nightly at the moment) to get my libraries working... Right now they are all blank (black) but the remote is working.

the problem is... I can't find any older nightly build than september 5th? Any idea where to look? I need the iOS-version as I'm running on an ATV2.

Sadly I'm not sure where to find older iOS builds, I guess your best bet might be to make a post in the iOS part of the forum requesting a copy from another user, but then you'll have to trust they didn't screw with it (not that most members would).

Sorry for the useless post, I just got out of the hospital and my head is a bit loopy...
@Everyone Above: I will still attempt to get at least some of the Wiki stuff I mentioned done today, but don't count on a link until tomorrow or the next day just in case... Doc said once these pills 'kick in' I may be out for a day or so... (much needed, albeit forced sleep).
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Hey again,

I just want to add that I still experiance random crashes when browsing my library... or when doing nothing at all for that matter. Running a nightly from 2011-08.27.

Unfortunately sometimes after these crashes my library is... gone. Mostly it's just the movie library that gets wiped, going from 1200 items down to 0 on the dashboard and showing up completely empty when entering it. I read somewhere about the lack of support for foreign characters, could this have something to do with it? Perhaps Constellation is crashing when hitting a foreign movie? What are the "symptoms" regarding foreign characters? As of now the only way of getting back my libraries (for a short while) is uninstalling and reinstalling.

Also I have a question. When starting the app - does it always perform some sort of sync? Or is it just when adding a new host? What I'm getting at is - when the app crashes and I restart it - do I have to manually refresh my library?

If so which one of the three options should I use? And what's the difference between them? An explanation of the below sync methods and their differance would be great!

1. Hosts -> Manage -> Update Video Library
2. Inside the library -> "Pull down to Sync"
3. Options -> "Resync local data" in combination with Remove database and flush images.

A second question is regarding images. Are they not downloaded until I first view them? It seams I have to slowly browse through all my 1200+ movie library to have the images downloaded. Is this correct? No way of forcing a complete sync including the download of all images?

Again, keep up the good work, I'll keep playing around and testing this app out Smile
For ATV2 users I can recommend the version of Sep. 03. You will find this release on some of the official xbmc nightly mirrors. Everything works so far, at least if you do not filter your movie database by label.

So finally I went PRO. Nod

Cheers.
FSS_Dawid Wrote:I can tell you that we use The PVR Build OPK-46 and we have no problems with it.

We just rejected a update Form apple because the JSON interface just changed again Sad now we actually need to support 3 versions of XBMC v10.1 V11 < 04/09/2011 V11 > 04/09/2011.

Hi Dawid,

Couldn't you make it a prerequisite that if you are using pre Eden that you have to have build 04/09/11 and above installed, that way we could install the newer nightly build without trouble Wink Laugh
m0v1em4n Wrote:Hi Dawid,

Couldn't you make it a prerequisite that if you are using pre Eden that you have to have build 04/09/11 and above installed, that way we could install the newer nightly build without trouble Wink Laugh
Hi,
Yes I Could but that's the easy way Smile I don't won't to force ppl to update if they don't won't to.
We are making a system for this kind of problems Wink That is if happens again we can push a update in 5s to all the installations Wink
maSp Wrote:For ATV2 users I can recommend the version of Sep. 03. You will find this release on some of the official xbmc nightly mirrors. Everything works so far, at least if you do not filter your movie database by label.

So finally I went PRO. Nod

Cheers.

Thanks! I'll definately try the september 3 nightly for iOs if I can find it... I havn't so far. If you can post a link - or even mail it to me I would be very greatful.

Interesting note you said about filtering by label... why would that be a problem? I *ONLY* filter by label... could that be a reason for my problems?

Thanks!
PelleBoA Wrote:Thanks! I'll definately try the september 3 nightly for iOs if I can find it... I havn't so far. If you can post a link - or even mail it to me I would be very greatful.

Interesting note you said about filtering by label... why would that be a problem? I *ONLY* filter by label... could that be a reason for my problems?

Thanks!

I don't think so. The problem with the label filtering is rare and we cannot reproduce it. But we will try to make some fixes... Users report that thumbnails are missing. but the app works fine.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5