• 35(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
A missing thumbnail I can accept Smile But as of now the app keeps crashing every 3-5 minutes or so... and SOMETIMES after a crash the entire movie library is gone. Getting it back rarely happens.... but a few times it has "come back" presumably because of a suvvessfull sync or something similar.

Right now I'm looking for the semtemper 3 nightly as indicated... let's see if that solves my problems.
PelleBoA Wrote:A missing thumbnail I can accept Smile But as of now the app keeps crashing every 3-5 minutes or so... and SOMETIMES after a crash the entire movie library is gone. Getting it back rarely happens.... but a few times it has "come back" presumably because of a suvvessfull sync or something similar.

Right now I'm looking for the semtemper 3 nightly as indicated... let's see if that solves my problems.

I hope you didn't enable the experimental sync in the system app settings? It's really experimental. Wink Also the app reports it's sync time to the settings can you tell me what are your times ? and your movie/ tvshow count would also be good Wink
Hey, I'm not at home right now but I'll definately check the sync times in settings and make sure experimental is turned off. I know I turned it on once to test... I hope to god I remembered to turn it off again Wink

My movie count is 1200 and my TV episodes count is 1700. As for albums I just added 2 to test.

I have no problems at all with albums or TV-shows but movies is what often gets cleared after a crash. Mostly the crashes occur when I simply browse the movie list in order to get all pictures downloaded... basically i slowly scroll downwards so that all pictures gets downloaded and then... BLAM... app crashes. This usually don't make anything disappear, but sometimes when I restart the app it instantly crashes again and that's when the movie library gets cleared.
PelleBoA Wrote:Hey, I'm not at home right now but I'll definately check the sync times in settings and make sure experimental is turned off. I know I turned it on once to test... I hope to god I remembered to turn it off again Wink

My movie count is 1200 and my TV episodes count is 1700. As for albums I just added 2 to test.

I have no problems at all with albums or TV-shows but movies is what often gets cleared after a crash. Mostly the crashes occur when I simply browse the movie list in order to get all pictures downloaded... basically i slowly scroll downwards so that all pictures gets downloaded and then... BLAM... app crashes. This usually don't make anything disappear, but sometimes when I restart the app it instantly crashes again and that's when the movie library gets cleared.
Hmm are you using Mysql or the std xbmc db files ?
I'm using a standard installation... no MySQL here. I managed to find a nightly build from september 3 on a mirror so I'll try with that when I get back home. If there are any "debug logs" I can enable or something similar I'll gladly assist in testing.
PelleBoA Wrote:1. Hosts -> Manage -> Update Video Library
2. Inside the library -> "Pull down to Sync"
3. Options -> "Resync local data" in combination with Remove database and flush images.

1. This tells XBMC itself to scan your sources for new media
2. This tells Constellation to get any of the new media information from XBMC under the current category. (Separate for Music, TV, and Movies)

Example, you put a new *.avi movie into your source folder... Use Number 1 to tell XBMC to look for it, once it's added into the database there, use Number 2 for Constellation to see it. Neither of these options remove old media no longer available, for that you need to go into the Video Settings on XBMC and "Clean Video Library" (or Music).

3. (I'm not near my iPad, so wording might be slightly off)
Resync local data - Same as Number 2, however pulls ALL media types (Music, TV, Movies) instead of just the single type
Remove database - Dumps the local (Constellation) database so that you can either force a fresh copy or change to a different XBMC host
Flush image cache - Dumps the images cached by Constellation, mainly for use if you change some movie posters, etc. in XBMC and want the new images to show in Constellation instead of what was originally pulled.

Hope this helps...
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Thanks Archigos for the explanation of the different sync methods!

I'm back home now testing again... and unfortunately I just can't seem to get this working Sad I now run the September 3 nightly of the atv2 version of XBMC and I now get the same behaviour as when I started (with the september 5 nightly). That means almost no crashes and a perfectly working TV and ALBUM library but NOTHING in my movie library. The Dashboard shows correct number of movies however and also lists the three most recent movies... and they are playable as well as all tv-shows and albums. ONLY thing missing is the movie library. I can't understand how another user stated that the semptember 3 nightly worked perfectly on an ATV2? I've tried from two different iPad's as well with the EXACT same behaviour.

The last standard sync time in settings ranges from around 60 seconds up to 300. And I have 1200 movies and 1700 tv-episodes and 2 (just for test) albums.

So... Positive about the september 3 nightly is that it very seldom crashes. TV and ALBUMS work perfectly. DASHBOARD works perfectly... but MOVIE library is always empty no matter how many times I resync, clear database, force sync and so on.

August 27 Nightly on the other hand crashes like all the time... but atleast initially it gets all libraries up and running. After some crashes though it also looses the MOVIE library while all others remain intact.

Any other ideas?! This surley looks like different incompability issues with different nightly builds and I just want someone to point to a known working nightly for the ATV2.

Thanks again!

Edit: I just realised i suddenly have the exact same problem With xbmc commander... The movie library is empty and everything Else works. So.. Problem lies in My xbmc setup... I just can't for My life understand why this started happening after changing My nightly build.

Edit 2: after updating My xbmc library xbmc commander works - but Constellation still refuses to show My movie Library... Constellation However works great against My Windows HTPC With latest official xbmc. I'm just gonna give up on Constellation working With My atv2 now... So close but still so far away... Cant understand why it gets everything but the movies Sad
Is the keyboard function no longer working every time I click on the keyboard...it freezes the app....if the keyboard function would work as the mobile mouse keyboard this app would be the greatest app ever..(well it actually is the best app I've ever downloaded) great job guys....
Hi guys,

im new here and i got a question about XBMC constellation.

ive been trying to connect the xbmc constellation (ipad 2) with my xbmc on my pc(HTPC) but no luck so far and i cant figure out what im doing wrong..

i keep gettin this message

ErrorSad
please check your IP/host settings.
if those are correct, check if the
XBMC wb interface is up and
running by opening it's web page in
the browser
Http://ipadres:8080

ive tried to open that page but doesnt work.

hopefully somebody can help me with this cause im stuck. its probably a small thing.

grtz
CrizCroz

*edit
i get the web interface on my pc now but i keep getting the error on my ipad
did you enter your correct ip and the port is open??
PelleBoA,

in the upper right corner you can filter your library view. As long as you don't sort by 'label' your movies should be there. Sort by 'rating' for example.

Cheers.
I find Constellation awesome. As a user who bought the full iPad version, I have some suggestions to improve Constellation's functionality:

1) Additional buttons in the remote control screen: PgUp / PgDn / Home / End. This would make browsing through long lists more comfortable.

2) A button in the remote control screen for cycling through the available subtitles (equivalent to pressing the L key on the keyboard)

3) A button in the remote control screen for cycling through the available audio tracks of a movie (I don't know if XBMC has this functionality)

4) In Constellation's remote control screen, the keyboard button calls iPad's retractable keyboard, which can be used to enter text in XBMC, like the search field. It would be nice if the iPad keyboard could be used to jump to specific words in a list (like when using the PC's keyboard and you type the letters "B", "A" and "M" holding the shift-key, the cursor jumps to the entry in the list that starts with "bam", for example: the movie "Bambi" in the movie list)

5) In Constallation's Artists screen all artists of XBMC database are shown by default. An option to exclude artists who appear only in compilation as in XBMC's settings would be nice.

The basic idea is to use the big iPad's screen as comfortable remote controle to navigate through XBMC.

Regads,
Spider
Is there a trick to getting banners and movie posters to show up? Also, when I switch from another app back to Constellation XBMC always redetects it and causes some stuttering in whatever video is playing. Any fix for that?
imthebrain Wrote:did you enter your correct ip and the port is open??

yeah my pc has a static ip adress.
and ive opened the ports that are asked in the youtube video but still no luck.
Hello,
I have the iphone 4 and i buy the app "xbmc constellation" in apple store (0,79 euros). Is posible controler xbmc whit this app?. Is possible play, rewind, volume, ff, etc.?. I want to buy the 3,99€ for controler?. Is also for ihone 4?.
Gracias

Spain
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5