• 60(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
I've just bough the iPad app, very impressed so far keep up the good work!

I'd like to know more about this video, what hardware are you using and which plugins?

FSS_Dawid Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojt03IN8AME
Marshalp Wrote:I've just bough the iPad app, very impressed so far keep up the good work!

I'd like to know more about this video, what hardware are you using and which plugins?

He's demonstrating the new PVR functions that have NOT been released yet. There weren't any specific add-ons demo'd in that video, so if you have a TV Tuner and use a PVR copy of XBMC you've got everything you need already... except that copy of Constellation which will be released soon...

As far as hardware, he's running an Atom based Ubuntu Server... don't remember the specifics off the top of my head.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Archigos Wrote:Q.) Why is XBMC 'flaky' for about 15 seconds or so whenever Constellation starts?
A.) This is NOT due to the Sync, but is actually due to the way XBMC handles the notifications. If you experience this (or just hate the little pop-up in XBMC) go to Apple's Settings (not Constellations) and turn off "Notify on Connection".
--Edit Start--
It still stutters once in awhile on connect, but WAY less then it used to, especially if you turn off Notification as stated above
--Edit End--

Where's this setting? Buried in xbmc settings or frontrow settingsHuh
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
Burbulence Wrote:Where's this setting? Buried in xbmc settings or frontrow settingsHuh

Its in the apple settings then straight down to the bottom you will see the settings for installed programs Constellation being one of them

Hope that help
m0v1em4n Wrote:Its in the apple settings then straight down to the bottom you will see the settings for installed programs Constellation being one of them

Hope that help

Cheers, found it! Feel a bit dumb now!

Burbulence Wrote:Cheers, found it! Feel a bit dumb now!

All these settings in different place Shocked don't feel dumb Must admit XBMC was the first place I looked Laugh

Must admit it didn't help with the connection stutter guess we will have to live with it
m0v1em4n Wrote:All these settings in different place Shocked don't feel dumb Must admit XBMC was the first place I looked Laugh

Must admit it didn't help with the connection stutter guess we will have to live with it

Yeah, that's why I made that quick edit... it helped mine for about an hour while I was doing heavy testing and writing that... after I made the post the damn stutter came back... Stare
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Archigos Wrote:Yeah, that's why I made that quick edit... it helped mine for about an hour while I was doing heavy testing and writing that... after I made the post the damn stutter came back... Stare

I'm trying to replicate this stutter, using the highest bitrate movie I've got... I can't seem to get it to do it, but it has got rid of the annoying beep xbmc makes on a new connection so that's all worth it!

Could you give some eta for the new release?

Not trying to be pushy, just excited.
isamu.dragon Wrote:Could you give some eta for the new release?

Not trying to be pushy, just excited.

We (the beta testers) are currently in the RC (Release Candidate) phase... as long as nothing goes horribly wrong (which hasn't yet) then the new version 'should' be submitted to the AppStore on Monday... As most of you may know, Apple's policy on approvals is kind of hit-n-miss as far as time frame goes. It may show up in a day or maybe a week from when it's submitted, and the upcoming holidays can mess this up more if you get a 'cranky' reviewer. Wink
Im using XBMC on Windows 7 with this app on my iPad, whenever the iPad sleeps or I switch into a different app then go back into constellation I get a notification on my screen, if I'm watching a movie or tv show it causes it to stutter!

So my question is, can I disable the notification in XBMC?

Thanks
Marshalp Wrote:Im using XBMC on Windows 7 with this app on my iPad, whenever the iPad sleeps or I switch into a different app then go back into constellation I get a notification on my screen, if I'm watching a movie or tv show it causes it to stutter!

So my question is, can I disable the notification in XBMC?

Thanks

Read up a bit.... That's what we've been talking about... Currently there isn't a way to disable this in 1.5.1 which is on the AppStore, but a new feature of the next version will allow you do disable it... and will also allow you to make the iPad disable the sleep function while the app is running so it doesn't shut off on you.
Archigos Wrote:@dajoip (again)
You can use any of the new releases from that link (try to grab the absolute latest). Once you download the newest Nightly you'd just install it over itself, no 'special preparation' needed, however, as Burbulence said, it will update your database files for XBMC so first run make take a little longer for you to see your media (maybe by seconds, not minutes or anything). The latest Nightly should take care of your Movie Sets issue, but the other crashes mentioned may still happen until the next version of Constellation gets released. Follow the suggestion below to minimize those issues (for now).

Just got around to installing the latest nightly and then removed the database and resynced the local data...still no movie sets showing. Any ideas how to resolve this?

Edit: Weird, they just popped up now, 20 minutes later...guess I spoke too soon. Ok, so that's resolved...thank you!
Can this remote function as a TV remote? Like ex. this app for XBMC: http://itunes.apple.com/dk/app/xbmc-remo...16916?mt=8

XBMC Remote provide TV guide through mythtv integration.
rasmuskarlsen Wrote:Can this remote function as a TV remote? Like ex. this app for XBMC: http://itunes.apple.com/dk/app/xbmc-remo...16916?mt=8

XBMC Remote provide TV guide through mythtv integration.

If you're using the MythTV backend in a PVR version of XBMC then yes, the new version will give you the program guide like I saw in that apps screenshots. If you mean more then just the EPG you'll have to be more specific.
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5