• 81(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
hollemanjan Wrote:Thanks for the answer....................

My brains are crackling and the strange thing is that the previous version of constellation was working but in that version there was no option to create fast key command buttons.
I had test it on Apple TV2 and it is working but when you install XBMC on PC Windows 7 i use then it don't function.

Anyway the connection is good because the point is green and the strange thing is that my first app XBMC commander is sending the keystokes. I guess that the sending option of the keystrokes work on the same way................me be i need to place the keybaord.xml file in another directory!

Anyway thanks for the answer.

Jan

Windows 7:
Everyone: C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\keymaps\keyboard.xml
Per User: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml

Windows 7 (64 bit):
Everyone: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\keymaps\keyboard.xml
Per User: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Put the keyb.xml in different directory's. Don't work. Same on windows 7 64 and 32 bit.

Anyway the connection is good because the point is green and the strange thing is that my first app XBMC commander is sending the keystokes. I guess that the sending option of the keystrokes work on the same way................me be i need to place the keybaord.xml file in another directory! I also start XBMC in portable mode......nothing helps.

Its like it have something to do with the path.

Anyway thanks for the answer.

Again...........XBMC Commander is function without any problem to send keystroke Z to the windows machine!

Jan

I am system programmer so i have little knowledge
hollemanjan Wrote:I am system programmer so i have little knowledge

I know exactly what you mean!Laugh

I'm testing on a win 7 machine at the moment with limited success so far, I'll keep you posted
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
Just A quick heads up:
A new version of constellation Will be hitting beta in the next week Smile Of cours it will be auto deployed for our beta testers. We finally will have a nice looking iphone app Smile also some improvements for the iPad that I know you will love.

Regards
Dawid

PS
Special thx for Archigos and Burbulence we just love ya Smile
Would you like to join our beta testing team ? PM me :)
XBMC Constellation on Facebook
I am happy with the remote software but final thing need to be the keyboard send keys. Change subt, and go on.

I dont understand why it is function on apple tv and not in windows 7 while xbmc commander is working on al platforms!!!!!!! The keyboard.xml i tried all but nope. Hope that there is coming a solution.

We keep in contact and thanks and sorry for my English.

Jan Holleman
FSS_Dawid Wrote:Just A quick heads up:
A new version of constellation Will be hitting beta in the next week Smile Of cours it will be auto deployed for our beta testers. We finally will have a nice looking iphone app Smile also some improvements for the iPad that I know you will love.

Regards
Dawid

PS

You can put me for Beta testing..........my work is daily............busy with this kind of things.

Jan Holleman
hollemanjan Wrote:I am happy with the remote software but final thing need to be the keyboard send keys. Change subt, and go on.

I dont understand why it is function on apple tv and not in windows 7 while xbmc commander is working on al platforms!!!!!!! The keyboard.xml i tried all but nope. Hope that there is coming a solution.

We keep in contact and thanks and sorry for my English.

Jan Holleman

Subtitles is native to the remote... As for any custom buttons the only success with win7 I have had is with event server turned on in host settings... And check port 9777 is permitted through your firewall, I don't think you need to allow it through your router as its internal but its probably not necessary. These settings allow me to use special keyboard custom buttons. Not found a way to get standard buttons to work yet

FSS_Dawid Wrote:Just A quick heads up:

Regards
Dawid

PS
Can't wait for TF and with the new version, we might actually see some activity kick up on our beta forum. Wink

PS
You're welcome Tongue

hollemanjan Wrote:You can put me for Beta testing..........my work is daily............busy with this kind of things.

Jan Holleman
Jan, click this link to send Dawid a PM with "Beta Test" as the subject and include your email address. He'll contact you back requesting the other required info (type of iPhone/iPad, etc.) After he adds you as a beta tester, PM me with just your email address and I'll register you to our private Beta Forum.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Archigos Wrote:Sorry I didn't comment earlier, I must have been too tired and never posted what I originally wrote. (I blame the meds). Anyway, to a point I think it'd be a great feature adding something like this, but on the other hand, it may be dangerous... by dangerous I mean that Burb and I would go from explaining simple 'how-to' to explaining "The developers aren't responsible for you deleting your stuff". Wink
For ease with the folder moving in your case, have you thought about using post processing (from either SickBeard or CouchPotato) to handle that? A lot of users utilize either of those apps or SabNZBd+ to deal with moving the files around for them so manual moving/organizing becomes unnecessary.

I see your point for this, Im gonna try to see if I can use some software to move my files, but I still can see a few reasons to at least have Move functionality (if you want to skip delete) from within the files section.
Maybe functions like this has to be explicitly enabled and not by default?
barhom Wrote:I see your point for this, Im gonna try to see if I can use some software to move my files, but I still can see a few reasons to at least have Move functionality (if you want to skip delete) from within the files section.
Maybe functions like this has to be explicitly enabled and not by default?
Like you, I can see the use for this and I'm pretty sure if the guys at FSS do add this it would be off by default. It's one of those features that can be dangerous even if warnings are somehow included. My guess, as you suggested would be to allow copy/move but not allow delete (even though 'move' can still cause some trouble when people aren't careful).

No idea if it'd be possible, but ideal would be to have some kind of warning come up if you enable the option stating that FSS/etc are not responsible for any damage to the system if the user moves a system file for example.
Archigos Wrote:No idea if it'd be possible, but ideal would be to have some kind of warning come up if you enable the option stating that FSS/etc are not responsible for any damage to the system if the user moves a system file for example.

warnings are good but the ability to disable the file deletion by default would be better, and then have a warning pop up as a secondary if file deletion is enabled if you see my meaning.
Personally I'm not sure whether it is such a good idea, seeing as any of that can be done from XBMC with the right privileges and 'allow file renaming and deletion' is enabled in settings,
I'm just chucking my 2 cents out on it...

Archigos Wrote:PS You're welcome Tongue

Definitely Rofl

Burbulence Wrote:warnings are good but the ability to disable the file deletion by default would be better, and then have a warning pop up as a secondary if file deletion is enabled if you see my meaning.
Personally I'm not sure whether it is such a good idea, seeing as any of that can be done from XBMC with the right privileges and 'allow file renaming and deletion' is enabled in settings,
I'm just chucking my 2 cents out on it...
That's what I meant... have it off by default and warn them only if/when they turn it on and possibly another 'confirm' box (with warning) for the actual deletion.

Bringing up the point of it already available in XBMC, I've found some users (thankfully) don't realize if you leave it off (which is default) it prevents deletion while looking in your library, but still allows it when using the File Manager.
Archigos Wrote:Bringing up the point of it already available in XBMC, I've found some users (thankfully) don't realize if you leave it off (which is default) it prevents deletion while looking in your library, but still allows it when using the File Manager.

that then brings up the idea of properly structured user accounts... But then it becomes more of a pain in the... to set up. I've got mine where my pc is the admin user with read/write privileges, and xbmc user as ready only, which with samba is simple enough to do. It gets more interesting setting it up with nfs, I'm still playing with that

Excellent app, purchased right away.

Browsing by artist is slow though. Any chance you could add a view to search by first letter of artist? Or at least allow using the scroll bar to quickly get to ZZ Top Smile
zag2me Wrote:Excellent app, purchased right away.

Browsing by artist is slow though. Any chance you could add a view to search by first letter of artist? Or at least allow using the scroll bar to quickly get to ZZ Top Smile

I'll second that!

I've asked for the same function in the Movie section. I've got about 1700 movies and I've been told to just use the search function to get down to the lower letters. Seems like a reasonable request seeing that a lot of my apps have that ability to quickly jump to an area by tapping the letters A-Z along the left or right side of the screen Huh
  • 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5