• 82(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
I don't know if this is a missing feature or I just couldn't find the right way to do it, but here's the story :
I have my movies, music and stuff on separate partition, not where XBMC is installed, but when I select the "Files" menu on my iPad I see only the local drive partition where is XBMC (no option to switch drive, or at least I don't see it), so I can not browse my files that are not in library from there. I've also plugged a flash drive to my box (which is all ok visible by XBMC -> Files), which was also impossible to browse by the same reason, I guess. Is it that I'm doing something wrong ? If this is a missing feature - then turn this to a request for change/improvement of constellation :-).
zag2me Wrote:Excellent app, purchased right away.
Browsing by artist is slow though. Any chance you could add a view to search by first letter of artist? Or at least allow using the scroll bar to quickly get to ZZ Top Smile

clipper99 Wrote:I'll second that!
I've asked for the same function in the Movie section. I've got about 1700 movies and I've been told to just use the search function to get down to the lower letters. Seems like a reasonable request seeing that a lot of my apps have that ability to quickly jump to an area by tapping the letters A-Z along the left or right side of the screen Huh
On the iPhone version, when you're viewing Music, Movies, or TV Shows, there's a list of letters to the right hand side that will allow you to jump to the letter you want. This isn't in the iPad version yet, but it's been stated before that it should be in an upcoming version soon (The latest beta Dawid mentioned hasn't been released yet but I wouldn't be surprised if it's in that version already).

joro_abv Wrote:I don't know if this is a missing feature or I just couldn't find the right way to do it, but here's the story :
I have my movies, music and stuff on separate partition, not where XBMC is installed, but when I select the "Files" menu on my iPad I see only the local drive partition where is XBMC (no option to switch drive, or at least I don't see it), so I can not browse my files that are not in library from there. I've also plugged a flash drive to my box (which is all ok visible by XBMC -> Files), which was also impossible to browse by the same reason, I guess. Is it that I'm doing something wrong ? If this is a missing feature - then turn this to a request for change/improvement of constellation :-).
Currently the Files view only shows the System Drive ('C' on Windows or 'root' on Linux) and doesn't give an option for other drives/partitions. As far as I know this has been looked into and should be changed in an upcoming version.
For the time being, you can use Symlinks as a work around to gain access to the other drives/partitions if you'd like. (Setup for Symlinks differs pending on host operating system, but yes, they even work on Windows)
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Archigos Wrote:Currently the Files view only shows the System Drive ('C' on Windows or 'root' on Linux) and doesn't give an option for other drives/partitions. As far as I know this has been looked into and should be changed in an upcoming version.
For the time being, you can use Symlinks as a work around to gain access to the other drives/partitions if you'd like. (Setup for Symlinks differs pending on host operating system, but yes, they even work on Windows)

If I use the file browser within constellation there is a folder called video, and clicking on that allows me to browse the source directory of my library I have a few sources on my server and laptop etc... Is this the function you mean, I.e.

Constellation>> files>> video>> media(server directory). Or
Constellation>> files>> video>> Videos(laptop directory)

That's without sim links I'll get some screenshots if needed that might explain better
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
Burbulence Wrote:If I use the file browser within constellation there is a folder called video, and clicking on that allows me to browse the source directory of my library I have a few sources on my server and laptop etc... Is this the function you mean, I.e.

That's without sim links I'll get some screenshots if needed that might explain better

I guess I worded that wrong. In Constellation if I hit "Files" I get the normal list with Video, Audio, Pictures, Files, and Playlists; if I go into Video or Audio I get whatever is marked as a source in XBMC (like my Movies, TV Shows, etc) but what I meant was if you hit "Files" / "Files" it lists my C drive without being able to access any of the other drives/shares like Joro mentioned. The point of the Symlink comment was he can create those (or junction points) to the required drive/partition and it would act like a normal directory from the system drive.

Example:
For anyone that has read a few of the how-to's I've done for Maraschino, etc. you'll know I tend to consolidate most of my HTPC related things in a folder (C:\HTPC-Apps) so inside that folder I created ".sources" and created Junction Points inside there:
"C:\HTPC-Apps\.sources\Movies" (shows directory structure of "V:\Movies")
"C:\HTPC-Apps\.sources\TV Shows" (shows directory structure of "T:\TV Shows")
and so on...

--Edit--
So for someone like Joro, you could add whatever folder you have as your movie temp in the sources folder so you'd have quick access to it while you are moving things around.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Archigos Wrote:Glad to see you got at least part of your problems fixed. As far as the 'update library' buttons not working, you are holding them down correct? As you hold, you should see them fill with color and once they are completely full it sends the command... it was done this way to prevent people from accidentally bumping them. But with the 'navigate through the folders' comment makes me wonder if you have the libraries turned on and set up correctly inside XBMC in the first place. You can feel free to PM me with more details on exactly what it's doing and I can try to help walk you through some stuff so you get the best experience.

Thanks for the awesome help. The issue was with my library. Sorted it out and everything works great! My wife loves the app, which means my project can continue. lol
Burbulence Wrote:If I use the file browser within constellation there is a folder called video, and clicking on that allows me to browse the source directory of my library I have a few sources on my server and laptop etc... Is this the function you mean, I.e.

Thx for the answer. I stumbled upon this, but still it doesn't solve the issue of not being able to browse removable medias. I hope we'll see this feature soon, as the symlinks are a good idea, but not a native solution. I can do it, but many regular users won't.
joro_abv Wrote:Thx for the answer. I stumbled upon this, but still it doesn't solve the issue of not being able to browse removable medias. I hope we'll see this feature soon, as the symlinks are a good idea, but not a native solution. I can do it, but many regular users won't.

Great stuff, the only drawback to this would be to make it work across all different xbmc platforms as each uses a different filing system. smlinks/junctions solve this for most.

Listenlive.eu streams are not up to date so i make my own .strm files but how can i add them in radio-constellation. I look for boomark but can't find nothing.

Thx
hollemanjan Wrote:Listenlive.eu streams are not up to date so i make my own .strm files but how can i add them in radio-constellation. I look for boomark but can't find nothing.

Thx

Not tried .strm but I know .m3u streams work... On radio page hit + button, add stream URL give it a name hit done...

Strange that you can't find it... It's right there on the radio Front page for both iPad and iPhone

That i had done to put the stream in const....
i put http://livestreams.omroep.nl/npo/mp3/radio1-bb.pls
The only thing is the screen because i become
RADIO1 (Unkown)
Unkown, http:...etc but it works

Its the radio stream and xbmc is going to start but the layout is so, so. I create in xbmc the .tbn files so that i become the icons of the channels in xbmc.

This is nice when i become that in constell........

What i miss is the Favourits.......how nice would it be when you configure xbmc and drop you favourtites like the radio channel and in my case i use tuxbox client to stream
tv from my dreambox. Now i need to go to the remote control screen and i had make a button what jumps to favourit screen but then i need to look to xbmc to put on the radio
and i think to have favourites in your list in constellation is like yepppppp. It are your favourites so why not!

Also would it more easy when you have a movie screen with big buttons of genre. I had seen it in SOULMOTE and my son of 7 can control it. Now when he want to look a
movie he forget what to do.................

Also i had change to ios 4.4.4 and install nito and update begone. For the first time i play dvd's video_ts and HD without buffering. Before i had Rowmote Pro installed and i think it give problems. Keep fingers crossed.

We will look. Thanks.
have you considered the possibility of allowing the media to be pushed to another media device (such as a wdtv live) a la imediaControl?
My expierence with wdlive xtreme and go on are very bad.
The user interface if you now what i mean.

Big Grin
I bought a WDTV about 6 months after they were originally introduced, upgraded it to whatever was the latest software at the time, used it for less than two days and tossed it in a box... I'm sure they fixed most of the issues I had by now but I've already got too much crap hooked to my TV's as it is. As far as changing Constellation to be able to push media to a WDTV, I'm sure there are other apps available that do something similar to what you want... I just think that trying to add this type of feature would waste time/effort for adding/fixing other things with the app.

I know XBMC itself offers the ability to share its libraries via UPnP, etc. so for example I could turn that on and 'should' be able to see the media on my PS3 (never tried since I share all my media to the PS3's via PS3MediaServer).
i am merely suggesting the ability to push content to upnp devices, not a wdtv-specific function.
ninaS Wrote:i am merely suggesting the ability to push content to upnp devices, not a wdtv-specific function.

That's the function Archigos is talking about no? Which is already built in to xbmc... You realise that constellation would not be able to control the external upnp devices rightHuh

• 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5