• 83(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
Burbulence Wrote:That's the function Archigos is talking about no? Which is already built in to xbmc... You realise that constellation would not be able to control the external upnp devices rightHuh

My point exactly... I understand it wasn't a request for WDTV specific, but the point is that even with XBMC supporting it there's no way for Constellation or any other "XBMC Remote" to control the external device... you'd have to use something like Plex or a remote specific to your output Client.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Burbulence Wrote:That's the function Archigos is talking about no? Which is already built in to xbmc...
no, he is talking about browsing the xbmc library using the terrible wdtv interface, and also talking about using other apps.
many apps will play content from the xbmc library on the wdtv, etc, such as media:connect, zappo, imediacontrol, imediashare, or 8player, but none of them use the xbmc library to full potential. they wont list the overview, rating, use the boxcover art, etc.
the best solution at the moment is to use imediacontrol. it does at least use the boxart, and when i select a movie it gives me the option of playing it either on the computer (xbmc), the iphone, or on wdtv (or any other upnp device). but i would rather use constellation if it were capable of playing the content on a device other then the computer xbmc is installed on.

Burbulence Wrote:You realise that constellation would not be able to control the external upnp devices rightHuh
im not looking for something to control the upnp device. i just want the content served to them. if constellation did this then i would be able to use constellations xbmc remote and bobs your uncle. that would be the entire beauty of it.

please dont get hung up on the 'wdtv' aspect of my question. it relates to any upnp device full stop, whether that is a lappy, an ipad, a set top box, whatever.
ninaS Wrote:no, he is talking about browsing the xbmc library using the terrible wdtv interface, and also talking about using other apps.
many devices will play content from the xbmc library on the wdtv, etc, such as media:connect, zappo, imediacontrol, imediashare, or 8player, but none of them use the xbmc library to full potential. they wont list the overview, rating, use the boxcover art, etc.
the best solution at the moment is to use imediacontrol. it does at least use the boxart, and when i select a movie it gives me the option of playing it either on the computer (xbmc), the iphone, or on wdtv (or any other upnp device). but i would rather use constellation if it were capable of playing the content on a device other then the computer xbmc is installed on.

im not looking for something to control the upnp device. i just want the content served to them. if constellation did this then i would be able to use constellations xbmc remote and bobs your uncle. that would be the entire beauty of it.

please dont get hung up on the 'wdtv' aspect of my question. it relates to any upnp device full stop, whether that is a lappy, an ipad, a set top box, whatever.

Ok, so you're saying using Constellation to pass the library info over to something like WDTV (or whatever NON airplay device)... similar to the UPnP function of XBMC itself just with the added images and metadata (Movie description, plot, etc)... This is still probably something that should be updated/added to XBMC itself (better UPnP sharing or whatever).

Again, I'll bring up Plex as an alternative... I have the Plex Server installed on the same HTPC server that I run my main XBMC on and I have "Plex Constellation" (also made by FSS.cc) on my iPad. Plex has been 'sending' support than XBMC currently does for other devices.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
ninaS Wrote:im not looking for something to control the upnp device. i just want the content served to them. if constellation did this then i would be able to use constellations xbmc remote and bobs your uncle. that would be the entire beauty of it.

Ok I see what you mean, but it would need to be a native function from xbmc before constellation could interact with it... Maybe you could bring your idea up with the xbmc devs to try to get the ball rolling on it.
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
Archigos Wrote:Ok, so you're saying using Constellation to pass the library info over to something like WDTV (or whatever NON airplay device)... similar to the UPnP function of XBMC itself just with the added images and metadata (Movie description, plot, etc)... This is still probably something that should be updated/added to XBMC itself (better UPnP sharing or whatever).

Again, I'll bring up Plex as an alternative... I have the Plex Server installed on the same HTPC server that I run my main XBMC on and I have "Plex Constellation" (also made by FSS.cc) on my iPad. Plex has been 'sending' support than XBMC currently does for other devices.

perhaps a picture is worth a thousand words.
selecting a movie from my xbmc library using imediacontrol:

Already something news about keyboard control and Windows 7.

And then another thing for radio. Now i add them manualy but in xbmc i use .tbn i.c.w. .m3u
How can i make o create a bookmark to have them standard in constellation.

Thx
Purchased. Wish it would be ported to Android.
oneadvent Wrote:Purchased. Wish it would be ported to Android.

The answer to that is already in this thread Tongue
I changed devices, still using the same iTunes account though. How do I get back my purchased Constellation? When I click restore, it asks me to confirm the payment of the upgraded version again - something I have already done.
Just had a few questions:

Is there any chance of getting bigger remote buttons or an alternative set up where the select button is off to the side of the direction arrows? I guess I am just bad at hitting the same spot on touch screens still, but a lot of times I will miss hit the select button or an arrow key and I find it somewhat hard to quickly navigate through menus.

When browsing tv shows, any chance to get a banner view? Not sure what the type of image the show needs to fit the box format, but by default at least xbmc scraped banners, but in constelations they show up quite small as it looks like it wants a more boxy picture. Any chance of a view that will handle banners?

Finally, when you get into a tv show, the episode list is pretty small and hard to click accurately, though it does get the job done nicely. Just wondering if there were any plans to be able to customize the list size and blow it up.

Overall the UI seems pretty streamlined and I haven't really played around with it too much in terms of playlists and things like that, so its possible I'm missing some ways that its set up since I just really want to either navigate menus with the remote, or just get into a show and play.
barhom Wrote:I changed devices, still using the same iTunes account though. How do I get back my purchased Constellation? When I click restore, it asks me to confirm the payment of the upgraded version again - something I have already done.

Likewise, same problem. Broke my iPad, replaced it with a new one, restored my apps but get the same message. As good as the app is it seems a bit harsh to pay twice.
Hi,

Love the app on my iPad 2, paid for it 2 minutes after getting the free version.

One small issue is that the movies shown in the dashboard don't match what is shown in Movies. The dashboard is correct
It's the same films for both ATV's. I have read through the last 30 pages of the forum and can't find anything relating to it.....sorry if I missed it.

I have tried all the options from the "cog" drop own menu and refreshing the movies several times with no joy...any ideas?

Cheers. Big Grin
barhom Wrote:I changed devices, still using the same iTunes account though. How do I get back my purchased Constellation? When I click restore, it asks me to confirm the payment of the upgraded version again - something I have already done.
This has been stated many times. When you restore your purchase it will ask you to confirm the payment (because of Apple's rules) but if you confirm the payment with the SAME Apple ID you will NOT be charged a second time, it will unlock and remove the iAds as well as activate the other premium functions.

reapy Wrote:Just had a few questions:

Is there any chance of getting bigger remote buttons or an alternative set up where the select button is off to the side of the direction arrows? I guess I am just bad at hitting the same spot on touch screens still, but a lot of times I will miss hit the select button or an arrow key and I find it somewhat hard to quickly navigate through menus.

When browsing tv shows, any chance to get a banner view? Not sure what the type of image the show needs to fit the box format, but by default at least xbmc scraped banners, but in constelations they show up quite small as it looks like it wants a more boxy picture. Any chance of a view that will handle banners?

Finally, when you get into a tv show, the episode list is pretty small and hard to click accurately, though it does get the job done nicely. Just wondering if there were any plans to be able to customize the list size and blow it up.

Overall the UI seems pretty streamlined and I haven't really played around with it too much in terms of playlists and things like that, so its possible I'm missing some ways that its set up since I just really want to either navigate menus with the remote, or just get into a show and play.
As far as the alternate remote buttons, I'm not sure if they are looking into that, but I'm pretty sure a banner view for TV has been at least mentioned in the past. I'm not sure if it's on their to-do list or if it was just an idea floating around at the time. I'll make a note of it and bring it up next time I speak to them again.
As far as XBMC scraping banners for you by default it's because of the Scraper settings that you must not have checked before scraping the tv shows. If a banner view ends up in Constellation, it will most likely utilize the banner.jpg files that would be in the root of each TV show.

Deano316 Wrote:Likewise, same problem. Broke my iPad, replaced it with a new one, restored my apps but get the same message. As good as the app is it seems a bit harsh to pay twice.
See the comment above to barhom.

Goggleboy Wrote:Hi,
Love the app on my iPad 2, paid for it 2 minutes after getting the free version.

One small issue is that the movies shown in the dashboard don't match what is shown in Movies. The dashboard is correct
It's the same films for both ATV's. I have read through the last 30 pages of the forum and can't find anything relating to it.....sorry if I missed it.

I have tried all the options from the "cog" drop own menu and refreshing the movies several times with no joy...any ideas?

Cheers. Big Grin
What do you mean by the movies don't match? Do you mean they show on the dashboard with a different poster then in Movies or do you mean the movies that show on the dashboard don't show up under Movies at all? If possible, can you take a screenshot of the dashboard and a screenshot of the movies screen and PM me a link to them so I can see what you're talking about... the only thing coming to mind if you don't think the movies (not posters) match may just be an issue with how you have them sorted so you just might not notice.
Great App, but :

For music - why are the "play title" and "add to playlist" Button in File Mode so tiny and with so little space between them.

My whish
If i had only three centimeter of touch space (length, hight is ok) for the play button and then follows the touch space for the playlist, the app should be useable for me. But the current design is a showstopper.

It's a great pity, because constellation is rockstable and i like it.
Hi,

Heading in to work at the minute so screenshots to follow.
Sorry if I wasen't very clear.

What I ment was some movies shown in the dashboard do not show up in the movies.

Thanks for the fast reply.
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5