• 89(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
Being March 1st, I've changed the beta forum that has been previously mentioned so that all users can benefit from them, since we all know this thread has gotten a bit long... I'm going to PM Dawid shortly to see if he'll add the URL to the first post in this thread, but for now, everyone can visit http://constellation.ictcsc.net/ and register there. Please register with the same username you have on this site so that it's easier to communicate between the two.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Well for those Interested we have updated our Facebook page with some photo spoilers from v2 XBMC Constellation Profile

As of now All the beta testers can talk as much as you like to about V2 Tongue
Thx for helping out We will provide you with a RC release of the app by the end of the weekend if all goes well we should get this on appstore in max 2 weeks from now.

Thanks for helping out!!!

What's next ? Well we are porting the app to:
Android phones
Android tablets
BB PlayBook

Kind Regards Smile

PS
Archigos thanks 4 saving our A**es Wink

And be sure to visite the new Constellation forums Smile
http://constellation.ictcsc.net/
Would you like to join our beta testing team ? PM me :)
XBMC Constellation on Facebook
Just under 24 hours since I opened the Constellation forums to the public and it's been kind of a slow start (no big deal) but about 20 minutes ago some anonymous user attempted to hammer the MySQL server, so you may get a message saying the forum can't connect... please be patient and try again a few minutes later.

There's a possibility that even if the forums load they may respond a little slow for the time being.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

---EDIT
MySQL is fine again and the IP address of the anonymous moron has been blacklisted... everything is fine.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
My Current Setup:

AppleTV2 4.3
XBMX 11 RC2 (Compilation Date 1/3/2012)
Constellation in the latest version

What happened:
I actually had this setup working just fine and dandy half a year ago with XBMC in a pre-11 build. Purchased the pro version and everything went smoothly for a long time.

The pas few months I've been extremely busy and haven't watched any movies on XBMC anymore. In the meanwhile I did dutifuly upgrade the Constellation app on my iPad because hey...why not.

Big was my suprise that when I tried to watch a movie using Constellation again, it showed that it couldn't connect to the JSON RPC. Weird...Probably something changed so I updated XBMC to the latest version...no change. Verified that I could access the website interface of XBMC...Sure enough. It loses the connection from time to time, but connect it does. Tried a telnet to port 9090 to make sure JSON RPC was responding...Sure enough responding. Since HTTP is connecting the Remote works but I like Constellation for the Library support, not the remote.

Anyone have an idea what might be amiss?
KDeschrijver Wrote:My Current Setup:

AppleTV2 4.3
XBMX 11 RC2 (Compilation Date 1/3/2012)
Constellation in the latest version

It loses the connection from time to time, but connect it does.

Do you have anything else on your system using the same port? The symptoms you suggest have happened to other users because of this.
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
By "your system" I'm assuming you mean the AppleTV?

The ATV2 is stock out of the box and just installed XBMC on it. I have no need for any other functionality of the AppleTV other then a slick looking device to run XBMC.
Found the problem. I closed my Home Automation Bticino app on the iPad and lo and behold JSON up and running. That probably runs on the same port and for somereason the iPad will only allow one app to use that port?

Anyhow, I have a workaround now.

For a definitive solution: I know I can change the HTTP port of XBMC from 8080 to another. Anyone know how I can change the JSON port? Or is that not an option?
KDeschrijver Wrote:Found the problem. I closed my Home Automation Bticino app on the iPad and lo and behold JSON up and running. That probably runs on the same port and for somereason the iPad will only allow one app to use that port?

Anyhow, I have a workaround now.

For a definitive solution: I know I can change the HTTP port of XBMC from 8080 to another. Anyone know how I can change the JSON port? Or is that not an option?

I have the same problem.

Nothing else running on the PC on port 9090.
Firewall opened (tried it disabled also just to rule it out)
No other apps running on the iPad.

Just keeps toggling between TCP tunnel established and failed to connect on port 9090.

Close Constellation and fire up Commander - works instantly (assume its also using the same JSON approach)

Tried with the last 3 versions of Eden - all the same.
KDeschrijver Wrote:Found the problem. I closed my Home Automation Bticino app on the iPad and lo and behold JSON up and running. That probably runs on the same port and for somereason the iPad will only allow one app to use that port?
That's usually the problem, that port is getting quite common!

Quote:For a definitive solution: I know I can change the HTTP port of XBMC from 8080 to another. Anyone know how I can change the JSON port? Or is that not an option?

JSON port can be changed in advancedsettings.xml wiki instructions
here. I'm going to try this later, I'll post back with the outcome.

Possible to get pseudotv support? Would be awsome
I use it every day and this app is great
Will this ever support landscape view for iPhone? I'm not able to press those tiny buttons (subtitles, shuffle...) with my fat fingers on portrait view!
bboo Wrote:Will this ever support landscape view for iPhone? I'm not able to press those tiny buttons (subtitles, shuffle...) with my fat fingers on portrait view!

I have a sneaky suspicion you wish may have been granted with V2... Beta testers are checking out the release candidate, so the official release should be with us mid march, Big Grin

subvertbeats Wrote:I have the same problem.

Nothing else running on the PC on port 9090.
Firewall opened (tried it disabled also just to rule it out)
No other apps running on the iPad.

Just keeps toggling between TCP tunnel established and failed to connect on port 9090.

Close Constellation and fire up Commander - works instantly (assume its also using the same JSON approach)

Tried with the last 3 versions of Eden - all the same.

Any other ideas?
subvertbeats Wrote:Any other ideas?

To rule any gremlins out remove the app, remove any cookies from iPhone/iPad, and clear the cache, download a fresh copy of constellation, and sync it, Huh

Burbulence Wrote:To rule any gremlins out remove the app, remove any cookies from iPhone/iPad, and clear the cache, download a fresh copy of constellation, and sync it, Huh

Thanks, unfortunately exact same behaviour
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5