• 114(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
(2012-05-31, 08:44)FSS_Dawid Wrote:
(2012-05-31, 02:27)Lejla Wrote: Hi dear constellation Support Team.
Please help me, I Wrote you a Email twice and ask for Beta tester Status. But. Nobody from your Company respond.
Please, OpenElec V2.0 is Beta and don't work for me. It is for me unstable.
I have Jailbroken iPhone you can send me old Version but you won't.
Okay give me Money back!!!
Why are you Talking so complicated.
Please help me.
Lejla

1) I Use openelec v2 B @ home with no problems @ all.
2) I have just checked the support mailbox and the spam folders no e-mails about the problem. We replay to e-mail usually in max 12h.
3) As you can also see on the forums you are the only one with this problem it's something specific just for you Of course this does not mean I will Ignore this problem. It's our software and it's our bug and we will fix it we always have... I even once configured a wifi router for some dude in Canada because he had connection problems Smile
4) Please send a e-mail directly to me [email protected] I will take care of you Smile

5) For a beta version of constellation you will have to wait a while because something BIG is coming Wink

That is what I call support! Laugh

I hope the beta version you're talking about has something to do with android Smile

Cheers!

Hi,
I did some update in xbmc database (myvideos60.db and myvideos34.db) in order to consolidate the table genre.
This update worked fine when I navigate on the XBMC interface, but it does not show on xbmc constellation. It still shows the genre as before my updates. I removed the xbmc constellation database then I resync. Same problem.
So I removed XBMC constellation, and installed the last one (2.2.3). Same problem.

Do you know how can I fix this?

Thanks,
Pascal.
(2012-05-26, 10:31)Archigos Wrote: You'd probably laugh but I spent something like 45 minutes screwing around with trying all sorts of crap before I found that to work... to give myself a little credit and deter some of the stupidity I felt at the time before I hit that "duh" moment is the fact I was kind of drunk at the time.

Its not strange at all that you looked for so long.

It would have been so much easier to think of the Action() solution if Constellation had listed it in the Builtin functions list.. I also miss DELETE in the Special keys list. IMHO, it's a tiny Constellation bug.
Hello Constellation Team,
I've been using constellation for a while now on the iPad and iPhone and it is awesome!
It does everything I want and more. It's just that the "more" part is a bit hard to find out.

It took me a long while for example before I found out that I had to hold the suspend button a while before it works.
I get the design idea behind this but I had to find that out by experimenting (I actually bought the program because I thought it was "full version" feature).

Maybe its a good idea to post a FAQ of manual of some sorts on the website sometime?
I think I can do allot more with this program but I have no idea how to find out.
For example, what can I do with the gesture area?
Hi guys,

I have a new XBMC-HTPC up and running and I downloaded Constellation on my iPad and iPhone but both can't connect. Should it matter if I have a switch in between my router and HTPC?

My Router - 192.168.2.1
My HTPC - 192.168.2.177
My PC - 192.168.2.188

I can't access the web remote page via 192.168.2.177:80 (which is the set IP on XBMC). I can connect to the PC though, and I can ping and tracert (1 hop).

The apps also can't connect, I specify the IP address, and it even detects the host, but it doesn't connect with XBMC. I've watched the Youtube video and I followed it to the tee. I made sure the same items are activated as the video.

Any other debugging/testing I can do to check the network setup?

Thanks.
Hi Pandabur, It shouldn't matter that there is a switch in between (everybody has a switch or a hub in between).

It looks like you may have a firewall running on the XBMC computer. You should be able to to ping the XBMC computer from your other computer. Is this possible?
If you can ping your XMBC computer you could also start looking in the XBMC settings.Maybe you haven't enabled the webinterface within XBMC yet?
Hi Dycell,

Thanks for the help, but sorry yes they are all enabled. I can also Ping and Tracert the XBMC computer from other sources.

Any other suggestions for possible debugging?
(2012-05-31, 23:04)Dycell Wrote: Hello Constellation Team,
I've been using constellation for a while now on the iPad and iPhone and it is awesome!
It does everything I want and more. It's just that the "more" part is a bit hard to find out.

It took me a long while for example before I found out that I had to hold the suspend button a while before it works.
I get the design idea behind this but I had to find that out by experimenting (I actually bought the program because I thought it was "full version" feature).

Maybe its a good idea to post a FAQ of manual of some sorts on the website sometime?
I think I can do allot more with this program but I have no idea how to find out.

Yes we will be doing an online manual soon :-) once we release 2.5 as thing will get a little more complex Wink

(2012-05-31, 23:13)pandabur Wrote: Hi guys,

I have a new XBMC-HTPC up and running and I downloaded Constellation on my iPad and iPhone but both can't connect. Should it matter if I have a switch in between my router and HTPC?

My Router - 192.168.2.1
My HTPC - 192.168.2.177
My PC - 192.168.2.188

I can't access the web remote page via 192.168.2.177:80 (which is the set IP on XBMC). I can connect to the PC though, and I can ping and tracert (1 hop).

The apps also can't connect, I specify the IP address, and it even detects the host, but it doesn't connect with XBMC. I've watched the Youtube video and I followed it to the tee. I made sure the same items are activated as the video.

Thanks.

Is your HTPC connected to your network via wi-fi ? I think I know whats going on Smile
Would you like to join our beta testing team ? PM me :)
XBMC Constellation on Facebook
(2012-03-11, 00:20)wiggy Wrote: Loving the iPad and iPhone app but having a problem with rc2 whenever I start the app and play a film the volume is off and there is a red icon in the top lh side of the screen, I have to adjust the volume every time I start ( but the mute red icon is still there?
Hope some one has a fix
(xbmcubuntu)

Not sure if you solved it, but I had something similar on my Android Remote: Problem solved here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1117398
(2012-05-31, 23:04)Dycell Wrote: Hello Constellation Team,

As Dawid mentioned, one is 'kind of' in the works... but a lot will be changing very soon so at this point it'd be better to wait (and add all the new features at the same time).
As far as the Gesture area... when you turn that on, instead of having an actual left,right,up,down,enter (the button in the center of the arrows) you would swipe your finger in the direction you want to go... slowly for a single movement, faster to act kind of like a 'page down' or 'page up'... for 'enter' in the gesture area, you just single tap or (may be wrong on this one as my iPad isn't right here) a double tap+hold on second tap brings up the Context Menu.

(2012-05-31, 23:13)pandabur Wrote: Hi guys,

My Router - 192.168.2.1
My HTPC - 192.168.2.177
My PC - 192.168.2.188

Thanks.
Sounds to me that whatever system XBMC is running on is already using port 80 (which is the default port for all normal web traffic). Another possibility is that your router/switch is set to forward port 80 to a different system. Try going into XBMC and changing the port in your Network Settings (make sure the port is NOT used by any of your other HTPC apps, or anything else for that matter) then go into Constellation and change the port number in there to match it. Your best bet is to use a port in the 'safe zone' (1025-65535) since these ports aren't normally dedicated to specific tasks and are generally free (unless you used them manually for something else).
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
hey..i cant make this work...i can conect to xbmc and use remote but it dont find any movies and tv shows..how can i scan it to my libary?
@FSS_Dawid
@Archigos

Problem with new Update Version 2.2.4 is for me solved.
Quote:***From version >2.3 we will be dropping support for XBMC V10 we are waiting for Openelec 2.0 to get out of BETA***
Super, I impressed, why not so transparent at beginning, why always must go somebody crazy that people understand what correctness is.
Thank you very much for your effort, hard work and I hope you have learn something new.
Lejla
(2012-06-02, 11:33)coolio99 Wrote: hey..i cant make this work...i can conect to xbmc and use remote but it dont find any movies and tv shows..how can i scan it to my libary?
Can you give us some more details? What type of system are you running XBMC on? What version of XBMC? What version of Constellation? Anything else that may be useful? If you're host is setup correctly in Constellation and able to connect, it's supposed to sync the library when you open Constellation.

(2012-06-02, 12:24)Lejla Wrote: @FSS_Dawid
@Archigos

Problem with new Update Version 2.2.4 is for me solved.
Quote:***From version >2.3 we will be dropping support for XBMC V10 we are waiting for Openelec 2.0 to get out of BETA***
Super, I impressed, why not so transparent at beginning, why always must go somebody crazy that people understand what correctness is.
Thank you very much for your effort, hard work and I hope you have learn something new.
Lejla
Lejla, I'm glad that it's finally working for you but I still think there's a language issue here as I'm not sure what you mean by most of your post. If you let us know what your native language is, we may be able to provide better support for you in the future.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
win 7 ultimate..xbmc 11.0 git.. Constellation. 224.
(2012-06-02, 14:15)coolio99 Wrote: win 7 ultimate..xbmc 11.0 git.. Constellation. 224.

Do you have the movies in XBMC library mode?
Would you like to join our beta testing team ? PM me :)
XBMC Constellation on Facebook
  • 114(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5