• 125(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
(2012-08-27, 13:51)b7ets Wrote: Hi did you have any luck with the request below please. I understand you are busy. I did private message you but had no response as of yet. Thank you.
...clip...
I should still have your contact info in my PM, I sent a request on IM to you but either it didn't go through or if you responded and I wasn't paying attention I may have hit decline. I'm not home right now (should be back in like 4-5 hours or so) and I'll check again... (If I lost your info I'll PM you for it again).

(2012-08-27, 14:37)macha-one Wrote: Hi,

1st post here.
i ve set up constaltion on my iPad. It connects well to my xbmc on my apple tv 1 and on the other host which is my mac.
I can remotely control both.
I would like to be able to watch the content of XBMC on my mac like i do with my apple tv on the constelation app on my iPad.
Is this possible?
I can see all my movies in my vieodirectory including artwork, dicriptions etc.
when i click a movie it plays. But only on the host and not on the iPad in constellation.

I have the free version installed. Maybe I need the pro version?

hope this can be done and someone can give me directions how to do this.

kind regards jane
Welcome Jane... If I'm reading this right, you want to view the contents from your Mac's XBMC on your iPad? If that's the case, you can NOT do this via "XBMC Constellation", however, FSS (the guys that make this) also make "Plex Constellation" which does exactly that (plays the media on the iPad) but you need to install "Plex Media Server" on your Mac and set up the libraries in that. (They both do similar things, but don't share databases).
The Plex Media Server is free and "Plex Constellation" I believe is $4.99 (I already have it so it doesn't show price) and has a lot of similarity to the look/feel of XBMC Constellation, so shouldn't be a hard learning curve to use both. Smile

(2012-08-27, 15:44)dajoip Wrote: ...clip...
David, I think the cause to this is that TestFlight changed some things on the backend of their system when they launched the latest round of updates to their software and I think you have to be 're-authorized' as a "Team Tester" instead... I'll shoot Dawid a message on Skype to about it. Not sure if it's automated, but you should have gotten an email telling you to join the new team. In the meantime, (no idea if this will work) open TF and below the app(s) listed, do "Re-register this device" and see what happens. If that doesn't work, go into the Apple Settings -> General -> Profiles and leave the TF Config profile, but delete all the TF related Provisioning Profiles. (Worse case scenario with this is it will reinstall the correct profile when you tell it to register the device again).
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
(2012-08-27, 08:57)Archigos Wrote: njpoultry:
Can you post a screenshot? If I'm reading your post right, you may have a slightly incorrect idea of how that's supposed to work. Because of the way XBMC handles plugins, they can't be sent to Constellation (or any other remote currently) so you should be just navigating around (up,down,left,right,enter,etc.) as it changes on XBMC itself. If you meant when you pull down the top panel and touch the puzzle piece to add plugins to the little tray, do you notice any plugins/scripts other than TuneIn missing? If it's just that one, it may have something to do with that specific one in which case they'd have to fix it since something obviously isn't correct... if you notice others missing as well, can you PM me a list of some so I can test them out and see if I can figure this out for you?

iorifly:
You mean when you're looking at the iPad/iPhone the text isn't right (special characters don't work) ? Sounds to me that it may be a utf-8 issue... I haven't noticed a visible difference in the font used in the app, but it may have changed.

Is there any way you can take a screenshot of this issue and also write out how it's supposed to appear? (If it only happens on new items, it may be a scraper issue and not Constellation)

The only one missing is Tunein Radio.

Thanks
I use the puzzle piece and in the list tunein radio is missing. All others that I use are shown.

Thanks
(2012-08-27, 20:59)Archigos Wrote: David, I think the cause to this is that TestFlight changed some things on the backend of their system when they launched the latest round of updates to their software and I think you have to be 're-authorized' as a "Team Tester" instead... I'll shoot Dawid a message on Skype to about it. Not sure if it's automated, but you should have gotten an email telling you to join the new team. In the meantime, (no idea if this will work) open TF and below the app(s) listed, do "Re-register this device" and see what happens. If that doesn't work, go into the Apple Settings -> General -> Profiles and leave the TF Config profile, but delete all the TF related Provisioning Profiles. (Worse case scenario with this is it will reinstall the correct profile when you tell it to register the device again).

If you re register your device with testflight you may have to wait till the next beta is released, as i did when i had to do it a few months ago, I kept getting an error that my device wasn't eligible for the app, just a heads up!
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
Oh, forgot about that aspect...
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
(2012-08-27, 20:59)Archigos Wrote: David, I think the cause to this is that TestFlight changed some things on the backend of their system when they launched the latest round of updates to their software and I think you have to be 're-authorized' as a "Team Tester" instead... I'll shoot Dawid a message on Skype to about it. Not sure if it's automated, but you should have gotten an email telling you to join the new team. In the meantime, (no idea if this will work) open TF and below the app(s) listed, do "Re-register this device" and see what happens. If that doesn't work, go into the Apple Settings -> General -> Profiles and leave the TF Config profile, but delete all the TF related Provisioning Profiles. (Worse case scenario with this is it will reinstall the correct profile when you tell it to register the device again).

I never got that email asking me to join the new team - is that a problem, and is there a way to make it retroactive?

Can I go back and try installing a previous beta, then try re-registering with TestFlight, and finally update to the latest beta?

I sent a message via Skype (but he wasn't online, so no clue when he'll get it) and thinking about it more, I think the email I was referencing doesn't apply in this case (I think it's more for the people that test 'all' their software as opposed to just XBMC Constellation).

I'm not sure if TF will show any betas that were released prior to when it's installed/registered, so if you dump the provisioning profiles and register again it may not show you anything until post-2.8.2 gets released. I know it's acting like a pain now, but I think most of these issues are a result of TF's changes... thankfully, they don't appear to be doing anything more on the backend for awhile, so it's just a matter of ironing out the transition. (Meaning once you get re-added proper or the next beta is released, everything will go back to normal).

If you PM me, I have a couple ideas that I'd rather not state here...
(2012-08-26, 13:03)njpoultry Wrote: I have the Tunein Radio plugin installed but it does not show in the list of available plugins/scripts in the Constellation remote. Any ideas?

Version 2.81 on Ipad2
XBMC: Eden running on HTPC

Thanks for any help.

(2012-08-27, 08:57)Archigos Wrote: njpoultry:
Can you post a screenshot? If I'm reading your post right, you may have a slightly incorrect idea of how that's supposed to work. Because of the way XBMC handles plugins, they can't be sent to Constellation (or any other remote currently) so you should be just navigating around (up,down,left,right,enter,etc.) as it changes on XBMC itself. If you meant when you pull down the top panel and touch the puzzle piece to add plugins to the little tray, do you notice any plugins/scripts other than TuneIn missing? If it's just that one, it may have something to do with that specific one in which case they'd have to fix it since something obviously isn't correct... if you notice others missing as well, can you PM me a list of some so I can test them out and see if I can figure this out for you?

(2012-08-27, 21:40)njpoultry Wrote:
The only one missing is Tunein Radio.

Thanks

I use the puzzle piece and in the list tunein radio is missing. All others that I use are shown.

Thanks

I've done some digging and it seems to be constellation not recognising it as a plugin... i have 2-3 that are not in the folder format plugin.video... or plugin.audio... which tunein seems to be one of!

i renamed tunein's default folder (brianhornsby-tunein-xbmc-332ad69) to plugin.audio.tuneinradio and it showed up in constellation... i know its a dirty way of doing it but it works... and it is the plugin name as referred to in the addon.xml fileHuh dont know what will happen when it gets updated but as a fix for now thats an easy way of doing it...

the folder can be found in /XBMC/addons/
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
So blame them... Wink

I mean... um... well, yeah, blame those plugins. Sad
(2012-08-26, 07:11)steve1977 Wrote: One more question. I don't get sabnzbd set up over reverse proxies. Can someone post its setting. Most importantly, what's the prefix and port?

Anyone succeeded getting it to work over reverse proxies and could help post your setting?

Also, I am reading in the app store comments that the latest version is broken. Is this correct and what part is broken?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2012-08-28, 00:57)Archigos Wrote: So blame them... Wink

I mean... um... well, yeah, blame those plugins. Sad

Yep that's correct if the plugins are not prefixed correctly they will be ignored as in xbmc v11 this is the only way to get it to work.

(2012-08-28, 01:54)steve1977 Wrote:
(2012-08-26, 07:11)steve1977 Wrote: One more question. I don't get sabnzbd set up over reverse proxies. Can someone post its setting. Most importantly, what's the prefix and port?

Anyone succeeded getting it to work over reverse proxies and could help post your setting?

Also, I am reading in the app store comments that the latest version is broken. Is this correct and what part is broken?

It was fixed for version 2.8.2.
all the releases are on our facebook page we don't have time to build a proper web page as for us it's using our free time to upgrade constellation or to build a website for it I think all of us prefer the updates Smile We are just a startup company and we survive thanks to B2B contracts... Our free time is all about constellation as we are all XBMC users Smile

V2.8.2 change log (submitted August 24)
BugFixes:
-fixed crashes introduced in v2.8.1
-fixed typo
-fixed trakt calendar crash
-fixed prefix handeling for some services
-fixed Facebook Integration

NEW:
-mark as watched / unwatched (frodo)
-automatically show keyboard (frodo)
-added a new filter option sort by "sort title"
-added pull to refresh to sick
-added failed message to sab
-remove from couch is now a safe button

Regards
Would you like to join our beta testing team ? PM me :)
XBMC Constellation on Facebook
Thanks for the help. Will rename the plugin as suggested as I don't think updates are that frequent and it works as is!

Regards
(2012-08-28, 11:50)FSS_Dawid Wrote: It was fixed for version 2.8.2.
all the releases are on our facebook page we don't have time to build a proper web page as for us it's using our free time to upgrade constellation or to build a website for it I think all of us prefer the updates Smile We are just a startup company and we survive thanks to B2B contracts... Our free time is all about constellation as we are all XBMC users Smile

First of all - you got me completely, I was not asking to speed up anything and also didn't ask for a web page (actually, I could not care less about you guys setting up a web page). I love what you guys are doing. I had very specific questions:

1) I didn't succeed to set up sabnzbd in constellation. I am using reverse proxies and was looking for help from the community how to properly set it up in the settings?

2) In this context, I was seeing that some people in the app store mentioned that something is broken and I was curious whether my inability to set up sabnzbd in constellation is related to this?

3) Then; i had in separate posting a bunch of feature requests (mainly related to trakt implementation in constellation), which would be fantastic to see the light at one point of time!

Again, thanks so much for this fantastic app. Truly exciting!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2012-08-28, 17:53)steve1977 Wrote:
(2012-08-28, 11:50)FSS_Dawid Wrote: It was fixed for version 2.8.2.

First of all - you got me completely, I was not asking to speed up anything and also didn't ask for a web page (actually, I could not care less about you guys setting up a web page). I love what you guys are doing. I had very specific questions:

1) I didn't succeed to set up sabnzbd in constellation. I am using reverse proxies and was looking for help from the community how to properly set it up in the settings?

2) In this context, I was seeing that some people in the app store mentioned that something is broken and I was curious whether my inability to set up sabnzbd in constellation is related to this?

3) Then; i had in separate posting a bunch of feature requests (mainly related to trakt implementation in constellation), which would be fantastic to see the light at one point of time!

Again, thanks so much for this fantastic app. Truly exciting!!!

1) the revproxy bug is fixed in 2.8.2 and its now in the hands of the Apple review team

2) Yes Wink

3) We will be extending the tract.tv api in v2.8.3 the version we currently working on

Again, thanks so much for this fantastic app. Truly exciting!!! ---> well for us only this counts Smile The only thing keeping us going with this project are the people on this forum and the grate reviews Smile
Im getting a missing type field error when watching movie and want to post on facebook... Any ideas?
This will be Fixed in v2.8.2. Version 2.8.2 was submitted a couple of days ago to AppStore
  • 125(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5