• 132(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
I could really use some help on a couple of things. I guess I really don't understand the custom buttons except for the simple ones like library cleanup etc. I'm trying to make my XBMC HTPC as easy to use as possible. I'm using Advanced Launcher to launch a script that uses MakeMKV to automatically rip a bluray and kick the disc out when done. I have the item in the Favourites to start that after putting the disc in. Can I make a custom button in Constellation to start this? What would be even better would be to automatically run the script when you put a disc in if that's possible.
The other thing I would love to be able to do that I can't figure out is this. I'm using Transparency skin and for most of the time like the slideshow screensaver with the fanart from my movie collection. When listening to music though....whether my collection or the Pandora plugin I want just a black screen which works great with the Black screensaver. There's times when it's more appropriate to turn the TV off but alot of times I like the info popping up from the bottom and going away again so you see the artist and song info. Is there a way to create custom buttons in Constellation to start one screensaver or the other etc.?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(2012-09-22, 06:20)Hogman62 Wrote: I could really use some help on a couple of things. I guess I really don't understand the custom buttons except for the simple ones like library cleanup etc. I'm trying to make my XBMC HTPC as easy to use as possible. I'm using Advanced Launcher to launch a script that uses MakeMKV to automatically rip a bluray and kick the disc out when done. I have the item in the Favourites to start that after putting the disc in. Can I make a custom button in Constellation to start this? What would be even better would be to automatically run the script when you put a disc in if that's possible.
The other thing I would love to be able to do that I can't figure out is this. I'm using Transparency skin and for most of the time like the slideshow screensaver with the fanart from my movie collection. When listening to music though....whether my collection or the Pandora plugin I want just a black screen which works great with the Black screensaver. There's times when it's more appropriate to turn the TV off but alot of times I like the info popping up from the bottom and going away again so you see the artist and song info. Is there a way to create custom buttons in Constellation to start one screensaver or the other etc.?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Where do you start with that, there's a button on the remote page that looks like a puzzle piece, hit that and the +/- button it brings up, that will bring up a list of installed plugins, advanced launcher should be in the list to open.
The other option is a custom button, under xbmc simple function there is a command runplugin() or runaddon() you need to put the plugin file name in the brackets and that will open it... It's then up to the plugin itself to run makemkv... To my knowledge there is no way to make constellation run a command inside a plugin

As for screensavers, try ActivateWindow(12900) as an xbmc simple function button. This will activate the screensaver, not sure if it will cycle multiple screensavers, on my atv when testing it gives a black screen but a cant close the screensaver without setting up another button ActivateWindow(10000) which brings up the home screen

Read the wiki about built in functions here

And the list of window id's here

The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
It would put the same VEVO is the youtube app? access lists and everything else?
my xbmc host ip is 192.168.1.2. if i use that ip in constellation, consteallation works fine. but i cant use hostname. when i try typing words, the fonts(in host setting) immediately turns red.

how can i put hostname instead of ip address for constellation?

thanks.
(2012-09-27, 06:55)publicENEMY Wrote: my xbmc host ip is 192.168.1.2. if i use that ip in constellation, consteallation works fine. but i cant use hostname. when i try typing words, the fonts(in host setting) immediately turns red.

how can i put hostname instead of ip address for constellation?

thanks.

You can use the search function when setting up a new host, that uses hostnames, or type the complete hostname i.e. mycomputername.local, it must have the domain suffix before it is a recognised hostname.

My host name is linda-pc. Do i type linda-pc.local? How do i know domain name? Im on windows. Never use mac.

Thanks. Btw, the latest version crashes when i click any movie. I cant even view the movie detail. Crashes everytime.
i would guess it will be linda-pc.local, give it go.

Why was sick beard taken out of app ? Love the app btw
Unfortunately Apple received a complaint about constellation having SickBeard and couchpotato integration so demanded their removal, otherwise the entire app would be removed from the app store Sad

any idea when we are gonna get iphone 5 support for constellation? Wink
@gman:

There is iPhone5 (and iOS6) support in the latest round of betas, so it should have the support in the next release (after it finishes the beta testing).

@sstretchh:

As Burb said, Apple demanded the removal due to a complaint, but the FSS Team (the people that make the app) are looking into the possibility of maybe adding those features back into the app via an add-on/tweak that would be released via Cydia for users that have jailbroken devices. Please note, they have made NO additional comments beyond the initial remark that they'd look into it as an option. Therefore this should not be taken as a guarantee that it 'will' happen in the future, only that it 'may' happen. (Who knows, they may not be able to make the app work that way or Apple may have something that prevents developers from having an app that's 'part AppStore, part Cydia'.)
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
@ Archigos

It appears you are testing the betas and may have a view on current development priorities?

I'm really waiting desperately for sabnzbd support for iphone and much improved trakt support?

Any idea whether this is underway and/or other things have taken priority nowadays?

Thanks for your help!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
linda-pc.local works. fixed crashes by removing and reinstalling constellation.

thanks.
@steve1977:
I'm rechecking the latest beta right now (having iOS issues unrelated to this at the moment) but if I remember correct, those features haven't migrated to the iPhone version just yet as they are still dealing with a little code cleanup and potential bugs that were introduced when Apple forced them to yank out features... not to mention they've been busy with both iPhone5 and iOS6 updates/fixes as well. From the last I heard, they do have full intentions to put Sab and Trakt (in some form) into the iPhone version, but yes, they do currently have a list of things that are higher priority.

@publicENEMY:
I'm glad to see you got it working. Just a side note, for any users, using the system name instead of an IP should work in almost all cases (especially if you don't have static IP addresses for your network) and for Windows Users that didn't know it, do as public did and add ".local" (note the period) to the end of your computer name.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
constellation crash again for me. im using nightly frodo. are there any logs that i can trace?

thanks.
  • 132(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5