• 134(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
There were recent changes to the JSON API in Frodo a few days back and as Dawid mentioned a few posts back the JSON changes should be fixed in the most recent version that they sent to Apple, which means it's up to Apple on how long it takes before it hits live in the AppStore.

The update was submitted at minimum 3 days ago.....
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1205089
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Downside of the free app is that is does not support Live TV.
At least not in a button like: Movies, Music or Pictures...

If that was in, I do not see the value add of Constellation...
@tudstudent:
Open the Apple Settings app and scroll down to "Constellation" and look at the options for LiveTV there and make sure they are set correctly, then open Constellation and go to the Cog for the options and edit the menu, make sure that LiveTV has a check mark next to it and it should be available. I don't have any of my iDevices near me to check the exact wording of the things you're looking for, but the above should get you what you need.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
If it is dealt with, forgive me. I have attempted to read through the relevant posts, via the search feature and after 33 posts... I didn't see the answer. I have all of the services working on my installation finally... What I cannot figure out is how to get sickbeard to add episodes for download... From writhing constellation, obviously.

I am a PRO user with the purchased extras, and have NOT updated to lose any of the extras. Any help is greatly appreciated!
will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG
Solved, and I am dumbWink
will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG
Could someone help with the below:

-----------------------------------------------------
iPad] Constellation json rpc connection issue

Hi,

The json rpc connection is frequently lost for some reason I can't explain. The strange thing is, if I test the connection it returns OK.

The only way for me to resolve it is to delete the connection, and setup a new one with the Apple TV. This immediately works, including the json rpc connection and the icon in the top left corner turns from red into green.

Maybe someone can help with this issue
This application has not functioned for several releases. Since xbmc Eden came out it has been broken, I keep updating in the appstore whenever there is an update but it just gets worse. Now I can't connect to jsonrpc, or see any media at all.. This is frankly a waste of money. And wasn't cheap either.l do you have any plans to fix it?

Where I work I am not allowed to leave for the day while there is a defect on the table. Ever!
You should take some pride in your work.
I spent hours on this last night. If I leave the http port at 8080 I get no media, if I change http port to 80 in xbmc and constellation I get the media but no remote control. I have left it at 80 as I can at least browse the media and make a selection.
@Marck:
I thought I responded to this when you originally posted it, but if I didn't, I apologize. From the limited info you've given it sounds like there may be a port forwarding issue with your router. If you can provide some more information it'd be helpful. (See bottom of this post for ideas what to list)

@Jimwildman:
You haven't really given any information to help us figure out why you're having these problems. We need more information about your network, what version of XBMC, what computer/device is XBMC running on... etc. See the bottom of this post for what details to provide. And trust me, Dawid and the team at FSS take a LOT of pride in Constellation and all the other projects that they are involved in. They take user feedback (when it's something useful) to heart to try and make the best project they can.

@both of you:
Please respond with the following information (even if you've already provided it before)
The Computer/Device XBMC is running on: (ex. Windows, Mac, AppleTV, etc.)
XBMC Version:
Device Constellation is running on: (iPhone, iPad, which generation, which version of iOS)
Constellation Version:
Is you XBMC System/Device Wired or Wireless? Are you forwarding the correct ports if required?

Example: { with the exception of Constellation version listed, the below is my actual network setup, I'm actually using Constellation 2.8.5.5 (9.6) }
Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
XBMC Pre-Frodo, Oct. 8 Nightly
iPad (1st Gen) - iOS 5.1.1 & iPhone 4 - iOS 5.0.1
Constellation 2.8.3
Wired desktop in the routers DMZ
No problem. Thanks for your reply

XBMC is running Apple TV 2, IOS 5.0.2
XBMC nightly sep 30 2012
Constellation 2.8.3. iPad 2 IOS 6
Apple TV is wired on the network, no portforwarding needed since everything is on the same subnet

Rg
Marck

If I may offer a suggestion, you could add some text to host add screen specifying the currently supported xbmc level, then change that with any update that supports a newer xbmc level.

It seems as though most issues are due to xbmc updates that cause constellation issues. Then as you have to debug and update constellation, then wait for review, e.t.c people are just broken and waiting for something to change. Some like myself tire of waiting and update xbmc. Often making it worse. That iterative cycle becomes a source of frustration.

I downgraded xbmc to the base level of Eden 11.0 and have no more issues at default settings.

Now if a new version of constellation comes out, and I know exactly what level of xbmc it supports. I can avoid going beyond it.

I only suggest the add host screen because it would remind you if you were adding a newly installed xbmc that it might be beyond the currently supported level for constellation. Anyplace would be fine really. If its there now I can't find it.

I apologize for the dig I had thrown at you while frustrated with the situation.
I have tried to offer a solution rather than a complaint hope that makes up for it.
@Marck:
From what you listed, I'm not sure what the problem could be. What I'd suggest to try first is just do a normal reboot of your router to see if it clears it up... (it shouldn't be needed, but I know it's solved issues for me in the past.) Although on the same subnet, it may be worth forwarding those ports directly to the aTV2 just to give your router an extra 'helping hand'... I don't own any Apple TV products, but we hear random 'weird' things with them all the time (not just about XBMC or Constellation) so it couldn't hurt.

@Jimwildman:
It was stated multiple times that a recent change in XBMC's JSON API (sometime between Oct. 1-3) caused issues with the version that is currently available via the AppStore and we recommended users of that version to not upgrade their Nightly copies beyond the final one from September. What you propose is a great idea, but sadly there's a few things that kind of restrict the ability to do that. As you've noticed it takes a bit of time (and multiple betas) between each version that hits the AppStore so if they updated the description page in iTunes it may quickly become outdated itself and from what I've heard from other developers you can't go in and freely change that information whenever you want/need, you still have to deal with Apple about it. On the other hand, putting that information in the "Add Host" area would cause a similar issue where the information could potentially get out dated as well without making it 'phone home' to get the current "up to version:" information (but I wouldn't be surprised if Apple discourages that type of phoning home to begin with). Not to mention in the second case, most users just upgrade both Constellation and XBMC over itself instead of removing it and installing the new version, in the case for those people, they may never see the information telling them "Hey stop at this version" until they are scratching their head about why something broke because they 'set it and forget it' awhile back.

When trying to create an app that partly/mostly relies on a third party API (in this case XBMC) it's always hard and a 'bumpy ride' when the API is being changed because there's no real advanced warning in most cases of what the changes are. And I'm not trying to sound like a jerk and I totally understand your frustration, but you'll be glad to know that the most recent betas support the latest API changes (as of the time of this writing) so the next version when it hits the AppStore should allow you to jump ahead a good amount, maybe even to the current version at that time.

Anyway, long story short, the version of Constellation currently in the AppStore (2.8.3) should support XBMC Nightly dated Sept. 30 or prior with no issues if you can still get a hold of them. Now I need to attempt to get some sleep before dealing with doctors again all day tomorrow... 6am is WAY too early to get up and drive since it's usually the time I go to bed.
Just a quick note to all frodo testers:
There are some massive changes going on with the JSON-RCP.
Update fixing the startup crash and iPhone 5 support will arrive in max 2 days.
This version will not work properly with the current frodo.
What will be broken:
- Thumbnails
- Keyboard
- LIVE TV
- Addon support

We are working hard to adjust all the API changes.
Would you like to join our beta testing team ? PM me :)
XBMC Constellation on Facebook
I just got a brand new iPhone 5 and bought the Constellation app for it (I already have Constellation installed on my iPad). I set it all up and tried to sync it, but when I select any of the categories (Movies, TV Shows, etc.) I just get a blank screen. If I pull down to sync, it says that a refresh is in progress but nothing ever happens - none of my media ever shows up. I know it's working since I'm all green on the connection (with the HTTP/JSON RPC), the remote functionality works just fine, and if I select Files, everything's in there. It's just that none of my media is showing up in any of the specific categories and with any of the art. Any ideas?
The iPhone 5 version will be available any day now.
What version of XBMC are you using ?
Do you see a blue sync progress bar @ the bottom of the app ?
Would you like to join our beta testing team ? PM me :)
XBMC Constellation on Facebook
  • 134(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5