• 144(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
(2013-01-02, 03:03)Burbulence Wrote: It depends on the device, if you are using an iPhone all you have to do is turn the phone to landscape and all the navigation buttons etc show up, and as for the iPad there is a play button at the top left of the screen, I'm not quite sure if that's what you are asking for with a play button?

Sorry, Playon is a video type add on. You go to videos and add it as a unp (something like that) source and it shows all sorts of TV channels to play. So, now, I have to go to videos, then my folder, then all of the devices, when I want it as an option on the main dashboard (for the wife). So, it would be like Moies, TV Shows, Videos, Music, Playon, etc etc.
You can add any plugins/addons (including the PlayOn) as a shortcut to either version of Constellation. The thing that most users don't realize is that (due to XBMC) these shortcuts will essentially just take you to the plugin on XBMC but don't actually change the interface on Constellation. Using PlayOn as an example, on Constellation, pressing the PlayOn button wont really change the interface but allow you to use the normal navigation to control it; while on XBMC no matter what screen your on (say Music) it would act as if you navigated to your Video Addons screen and selected PlayOn in a single click/move instead of however many button presses it'd take to manually do it. (Sorry, a tad drunk)

On iPhone/iPod Touch:
If you're not looking at the menu list, swipe left to right to bring up the list, scroll down to "Addons"
Touch the + at the top right of screen
Scroll through and select the plugin you're looking for (remember you can toggle between Plugins and Scripts at the bottom)
You have to touch the little piece of paper icon next to the Plugin/Script to add (or remove) them...
Press "Done"

On iPad:
Touch the top/middle (where it normally says what's playing) to bring down the Navigation Panel.
In the upper/left are three little icons, touch the Puzzle Piece.
Touch the "+ / -" button on the new little drawer at the bottom of the NavPanel
Scroll through and select the plugin you're looking for (remember you can toggle between Plugins and Scripts at the bottom)
You have to touch the little piece of paper icon next to the Plugin/Script to add (or remove) them...
Touch away from that screen to go back to the main navigation where your buttons are now located

If the above doesn't help you, I've been thinking about adding a Knowledge Base to the Constellation Forums and talking Burb into helping me write some Tutorials and FAQS (with screenshots, etc.)
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
(2013-01-02, 07:23)Archigos Wrote: If the above doesn't help you, I've been thinking about adding a Knowledge Base to the Constellation Forums and talking Burb into helping me write some Tutorials and FAQS (with screenshots, etc.)

I will do, as soon as I can, I see youve made some modifications recently! When we get some time we need to have a chat about ideas and what to include etc,
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
Thanks for the help, that wasn't what I was looking for exactly, but I did use your suggestions for my Hulu app, sweet Smile

The Playon I am talking about isn't an app or plugin, but it is a unmp file location. So, for the wife, instead of her clicking on files, videos, then TV, I would prefer she be able to click favorites then TV on the main screen. Actually, this would be nice for multiple buttons to be able to customize on main screen, kids folder for example would bring up all my kids movies (I have them seperated out in a seperate folder), disney channel, etc.
So you're talking about a shortcut to a source instead of addon/plugin... hmm, interesting. I'm not sure it's possible, but I'll play around and see if I can figure out something that would work for you. My guess it would be possible if you setup a custom keymap to open specific target windows (not sure you can source those) and from there create custom buttons to call whatever key you set up. Sadly, if it is possible, I can attempt to write something up for it, but it'd be technically beyond the scope of a Constellation thing.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
I wouldn't spend any time on it for me, I decided to dump the idea and just go with an apple TV and it's built in Hulu / Netflix. I'll use XBMC for just my movies, pictures, and home movies, and the constellation remote works great already for that Smile
Any predictions for the new version? I'm hoping VEVO
(2013-01-03, 02:47)Archigos Wrote: So you're talking about a shortcut to a source instead of addon/plugin... hmm, interesting. I'm not sure it's possible, but I'll play around and see if I can figure out something that would work for you. My guess it would be possible if you setup a custom keymap to open specific target windows (not sure you can source those) and from there create custom buttons to call whatever key you set up. Sadly, if it is possible, I can attempt to write something up for it, but it'd be technically beyond the scope of a Constellation thing.

There is another way, you can set up multiple users for XBMC and give each user different sources eg kids wife you, it takes some setting up separating folders and maintaining them, but once set up you can sync to that library when you start constellation. It gets more difficult when using MySQL to share the libraries but it is possible to do, I had some success with it a while ago

Hi, really love the app on iPad. I have it all set up and working really well, trait integration is great too.

My only problem is that some thumbs/fan arts don't display correctly. Only a portion shows up and the rest is grey like it couldn't finish loading or something. I've tried flushing the images cache and that fixes some but causes the same problem on others.

Running XBMC Eden stable on Windows PC and images appear fine there. I've tried deleting my database on PC and reinstalling the app but it doesn't seem to fix the problem entirely.

Anyone had a similar issue? I'll add a screenshot when I can

Cheers

I've seen that issue on image files where the data is corrupt, I would suggest downloading a new copy of the thumb/fan art in XBMC and see if that helps,

The other thing that can cause that is network congestion when it's grabbing the images, which would explain why flushing fixes some but it ends up happening on others... If you get a network burp often it can cause that to happen a lot. If you have a jailbroken device, you can PM me and I can help explain how to remove the messed up images causing them to be synced again (hopefully without the network burp). If you don't have a jailbroken device, the only suggestions I have would be to do a full reboot (hold the power button until "Slide to Power Off" shows and do that, wait about 5 seconds and hold power to turn it back on) and while the iPad is rebooting, you may want to reboot the system/device XBMC is running on, and worse case scenario, reboot your router/modem as well. Since I obviously don't know your current network setup, if you're in an area of the house that is kind of far from the wireless, you can attempt to go stand closer to that while it tries to sync in cause it's an issue with the signal.
(2013-01-04, 02:28)Burbulence Wrote: I've seen that issue on image files where the data is corrupt, I would suggest downloading a new copy of the thumb/fan art in XBMC and see if that helps,

(2013-01-04, 03:03)Archigos Wrote: The other thing that can cause that is network congestion when it's grabbing the images, which would explain why flushing fixes some but it ends up happening on others... If you get a network burp often it can cause that to happen a lot. If you have a jailbroken device, you can PM me and I can help explain how to remove the messed up images causing them to be synced again (hopefully without the network burp). If you don't have a jailbroken device, the only suggestions I have would be to do a full reboot (hold the power button until "Slide to Power Off" shows and do that, wait about 5 seconds and hold power to turn it back on) and while the iPad is rebooting, you may want to reboot the system/device XBMC is running on, and worse case scenario, reboot your router/modem as well. Since I obviously don't know your current network setup, if you're in an area of the house that is kind of far from the wireless, you can attempt to go stand closer to that while it tries to sync in cause it's an issue with the signal.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try re-downloading images for the files that seem most prone to corruption and then reboot everything and hopefully that'll sort it!!

Edit: Rebooting everything did the trick cheers, must have had clogged up pipes!
Hi,

I just added several XBMC setups in my house. I'm wondering if there is an easy way to switch between which "tv" im using. Also i'm having a little trouble getting this to work with RaspBMC any advice?
As far as the multiple XBMC systems, you just set up each host (see below for help) and make sure to name each of them something easy (ex. Bedroom, Living Room, whatever). After you have them set up, switching between them is rather easy (I currently don't have multiple systems to test against, so I don't remember if it does a fresh sync each time you switch or not).

To setup multiple hosts:
Touch the Wifi icon and touch the "right arrow" next to your current/main host
Touch the Plus Symbol and add a host like normal
After you finish entering the info touch the "Hosts" button to go back to the list
Repeat the above two for each host you need to add.

To switch between hosts:
Touch the Wifi icon and touch the "right arrow" next to your current host
Select the system you want to control

As far as the RaspBMC issue(s), you'll have to be more specific about where you're having trouble... if it's XBMC or Constellation related I can probably help you, but if it's Linux based I may not be as helpful since I haven't really used Linux much in years and don't want to give bad/outdated advise.
I'm running a PVR XBMC Eden build with Mediaportal backend. All seems fine, except for the fact that I'm not getting any EPG data in Constellation. Should this even work, or does EPG data only show up in the pro version?

EPG works fine in XBMC and I do get the channel logo's in Constellation.

Edit: I see someone at the Constellation forums who has a similar issue with a different setup than mine. Just in case it's relevant, here are my specs:

- XBMC 11.0 (precompiled PVR build)
- Windows 7 64-bit
- Constellation (free version as of yet)
- iOS 6.0.2

Edit 2: I bought the pro version, but the probleem persists. So I guess I answered that question myself. Wink

Is this a known issue? I tried to search for EPG in this thread, but it won't allow it (too short) and searching Mediaportal didn't provide an answer.
  • 144(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5