• 146(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
I dont have nfo files stored locally in my movie folders I scrape the metadata, I exported the library purely to see if what I thought was true was and it was, it had been marked as a set.

I'm considering exporting the library so that every movie folder has a nfo file and I can edit the ones that are playing up.
Check the actual TheMovieDB scraper, it might have it's own setting for 'sets' as well that'd be doing it.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Checked and it doesnt exist in RC3
Hi There!

I am new.. huge fan of the constellation idea.. but Smile
I paid for the pro version but still it shows the free version.
Second, when i startup i can add my xmbc and it works.
Restart the app and it freezes.

HELP HELP Smile

thanx in advance
Have been using the Pro version of Constellation for quite some time now and just want to say thanks Smile
It's an absolutely amazing app, and the support on this forum is mindblowing. Keep up the great work team!
(2013-01-20, 11:11)mistereasy Wrote: Hi There!

I am new.. huge fan of the constellation idea.. but Smile
I paid for the pro version but still it shows the free version.
Second, when i startup i can add my xmbc and it works.
Restart the app and it freezes.

HELP HELP Smile

thanx in advance

Have you tried completely closing the app by double tapping the home button and pressing and holding the app icon till the red close symbol appears and then pressing that? then reopen the app?

You could also try restoring your purchase... In the app touch the accounts button, shaped like a network map, then press in app purchases and restore,

You have probably tried rebooting your iDevice,

One last question... Did you pay for the iPhone pro and trying to use pro on your iPad? As there are 2 different versions iPhone pro and universal pro, 1 is for phone only and the other is for all idevices inc iPad.

The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
Hey there!

First off I wanted to say that I've been using the app for around a year now and I must say that this is a must-have for a HTPC-IPad combo. So thanks Burbulence, the app is pretty cheap for the exellent amount of features it provides.

I have a couple of questions:
1. From time to time when i have the app loaded on my IPad and i restart the the XBMC server (running on a clean Win7 Ultimate), or the server is idle for some time - the app on the IPad stops showing the "now playing" feature as if it loses the connection to xbmc. When i reload the app it connects normally and everything works. It's just a bit annoying that after i work for a couple of hours i come to the living room to watch a movie and the first thing i do is restart the IPad app.

2. I'm currently considering swapping my IPad for a Surface RT, is the W8 RT Constellation app in the pipline at any point?

Cinema Experience for frodo 3.0.0 does not work with the constellation
Hi,

Can anyone confirm:

Using latest Frodo nightly, if a tv show season does NOT have local poster (possibly if seasons prior do?) then in Constellation an incorrect (seaming lay random show's) poster is shown for it!

Weird....
(2013-01-23, 08:40)Theolos Wrote: Hey there!

First off I wanted to say that I've been using the app for around a year now and I must say that this is a must-have for a HTPC-IPad combo. So thanks Burbulence, the app is pretty cheap for the exellent amount of features it provides.

I have a couple of questions:
1. From time to time when i have the app loaded on my IPad and i restart the the XBMC server (running on a clean Win7 Ultimate), or the server is idle for some time - the app on the IPad stops showing the "now playing" feature as if it loses the connection to xbmc. When i reload the app it connects normally and everything works. It's just a bit annoying that after i work for a couple of hours i come to the living room to watch a movie and the first thing i do is restart the IPad app.

2. I'm currently considering swapping my IPad for a Surface RT, is the W8 RT Constellation app in the pipline at any point?

Dont thank me for the app, i have nothing to do with it! All i do here is assist with support when and where i can... but thanks anyway!

as for your points:

1. this may be more to do with the network connection on your iPad going to sleep, you can set constellation to override the iPad doing this, but it zaps the battery pretty quick, unfortunately not a lot can be done here i think. the other way to reconnect is to touch the wifi symbol at the top left and hit the arrow next to the current host, then touch the current host, this should reconnect constellation.

2. Not heard anything yet for an RT app, maybe after the team at FSS release an andriod app they will move on to one!

(2013-01-24, 07:40)edrikk Wrote: Hi,

Can anyone confirm:

Using latest Frodo nightly, if a tv show season does NOT have local poster (possibly if seasons prior do?) then in Constellation an incorrect (seaming lay random show's) poster is shown for it!

Weird....

Ive noticed a few things weird about how constellation deals with thumbs from Frodo, and it is because of the changes made to the way XBMC handles images since EDEN, best guess is this will be sorted in the next Constellation release... no eta though, Confused

Is the button pad supposed to work on the iPhone free version? All of the information I've found seems to indicate it's supposed to work without a Pro upgrade, bu when I turn my phone landscape I get the message "Available for PRO users" and the pad is grayed out. The button pad works fine on my iPad.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great remote and worth paying for, but the information on what you get with a Pro upgrade is sketchy and if I need to purchase pro to get the pad on my iPhone, I want to understand whether it's worth upgrading to universal for iPad too if there are some compelling features.
(2013-01-26, 20:38)sanssome Wrote: Is the button pad supposed to work on the iPhone free version? All of the information I've found seems to indicate it's supposed to work without a Pro upgrade, bu when I turn my phone landscape I get the message "Available for PRO users" and the pad is grayed out. The button pad works fine on my iPad.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great remote and worth paying for, but the information on what you get with a Pro upgrade is sketchy and if I need to purchase pro to get the pad on my iPhone, I want to understand whether it's worth upgrading to universal for iPad too if there are some compelling features.

It's been so long since I upgraded to pro I can't remember what you get above the free version, I can tell you a universal pro upgrade gets you pro versions on both the iPad and iPhone.

(2013-01-16, 09:11)Archigos Wrote: Deano316, Jete246, everyone else...
Thanks for the well wishes... Thankfully my health has been pretty stable for awhile now, it's just the pain and physically exhausting most of the time... plus disability doesn't pay for crap.

Just a reminder for those that don't know, too lazy to read the blog post, or just forgot... Although I provide a high percent of the tech support for Constellation (among other things) I have never officially worked for FSS (the team behind Constellation) and everything I have done has been 'pro bono' because I like their apps so much. I'm just pointing this out again because of the rude PM I got telling me "You should just take some of the profits you get from Apple selling your app and quit trying to sucker other users into paying for your misfortune" (paraphrased cause I can't stand to copy/paste that many typos Smile ) and wanted to let people know I have NEVER gotten any money from the sale of Constellation or for the support I provide.

For people still interested in reading the blog or donating, the actual post is located here or if you just want to know a little more about me, you can check my About Me page. (I should probably get around to updating that sometime.)

Back to the tech support
@Ghostdivision:
For fast forward/rewind... I haven't seen that happen to anyone else yet. Are you using Constellation on an iPhone or iPad when this happens?
For the volume, I'm not sure what's going on there, if you could PM me some more details I can try to figure something out. The Passthrough notice isn't based on any of the remotes, it's referencing your audio settings inside XBMC itself, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't come up only when using Constellation (as far as I know, Constellation uses the standard "VolumeUp/VolumeDown" like the others).

Are you running your audio directly through your TV or do you have it going to some form of AV Receiver or Surround Sound setup?

Also, as NewFolk pointed out in their post, there is WOL, Shutdown, etc. already in the menu system. From either the iPhone or iPad, touch the "Wifi" icon in the upper left hand corner and you'll notice the buttons you wanted listed in the "Power" section. To get these to work, you have to make sure you have the proper Mac Address listed in your current host. If you don't (or are unsure), touch the little "right arrow" next to your Host (same menu area, at the top), then touch the little "Cog" to edit your host. You'll see a spot for "WOL MAC" and put in your systems Mac Address.

Hello thanks for your response. I am using iphone app.

Fast forward and rewind does not seem to be working for me using RC3 frodo. When i hit fast forward for instance it will skip forward about 30-50 seconds.

Maybe its my 3gs or would that not matter? I am using the latest version of constellation, i am updating my phone soon though to a 5.

Also im using bitstreaming audio connected to my AVR receiver, when i use the official app or my mce remote i get feedback that the volumes being adjusted, or if im playing a movie that passthrough is active. With this program it does not seem to notice passthrough is activated, and outside bitstreaming movies, and being in the main menu gui, their is no feedback reported in xbmc that the volume is going up in increments or down. Just when it reaches the top/max or the bottom/mute that volume is muted, and when its at full its full blast.

When I use the official xbmc app or my remote, i get passthrough notification watching the movie that volume cant be adjusted, and when im adjusting volume in the main menu gui and such i get feedback that its going up or down.

Thanks for your time.
Hello guys when will there be a update for frodo final is outHuh?
Let's see if the forums allow me to post this time (network issues on my end?)

So, Fibre, everyone else using Frodo...
The latest Constellation Beta was released today that states it includes Frodo fixes (among other things)... I haven't had a chance to test the new version yet on any of my devices (I just noticed it was released like 20 minutes ago).

I'm sure after giving us (the testers) a day or so of playing with it someone will most likely comment about the changes with Frodo communication to help the others... (most likely Burb or I)
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
  • 146(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5