• 148(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
(2013-02-13, 00:09)evilweasil Wrote:
(2012-11-05, 00:23)evilweasil Wrote: Hi everyone,

I've found a couple of bugs that have popped up recently.

Hardware: iPad2
iOS 6.0 (10A403)

Mac Mini
Eden Latest Release

Issues seen:

When viewing an album, it used to scroll across just above the song names with the Artist and Album name, now it's just a blank box so I have no idea who the album is made by...a tad irritating when you don't have album art (pretty big music collection and no time to fix it all with album art)

When playing tracks, the drop down remote occasionally (more often than not) doesn't report the bit rate/audio quality. It works fine with video as far as I can tell though.

I'd just like to take the time to say thanks for the app though, it's absolutely brilliant. Too bad Sickbeard support got pulled, that would have been very useful indeed.

Lastly, this isn't a bug, but I guess the app isn't yet designed to work with the nightly builds of XBMC? I tried one a few weeks ago and it wouldn't talk to it.

A quick feature request: Is there any chance you could add audio bit rate to the song name section? This would be absolutely brilliant, especially when you have multiple versions of an album in your collection!

Thanks,

Andy

Bump? Not heard anything on this....

Woohoo! I didn't realise there was an update which has fixed the Album/Artist name issue. A HUGE thank you!
I updated the app hoping i would get feedback when adjusting the volume like the official xbmc app, and i still get nothing.

When i adjust the volume in offical xbmc app i get feedback such as the volume going up and down, or passthrough is activated, i get nothing still with constellation it has to be using some other commands.

Also since doing the update the volume icon from my iphone keeps popping up for whatever reason everytime i enter and leave the app.

I also just cant get fast forward and rewind to work properly, maybe its my old 3gs, im upgrading to a iphone 5 in april, but its frustrating still.

Unless its not a fast forward rewind button, but a skip button instead.
Latest update fixes the issue where app would locked up when my iPad would go to sleep, Thanks!
Hey

This thread is over 200 pages and I don't have a Facebook account for official support so I apologise if this has already been covered.

When I open the newest version of XBMC Constellation on my iPod Touch 4th Gen running iOS 6.1, it frequently crashes back to the main screen. When I can get it to stay open it won't find or manually connect to my OpenELEC install on my Raspberry Pi (latest official OpenELEC). I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app but it hasn't helped. I've paid for ad removal. I have all the services enabled in XBMC and the official remote works fine and the iPad version of Constellation works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

EDIT: Just realised the default HTTP port is set to 8080 and not 80 which has solved the connectivity issue.
After I installed the update the Youtube function does not work anymore?
When I try to play something XBMC shows something like an invalid URL or can't find URL?

Using Frodo tried default skin.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

(2013-02-18, 00:04)jamieburchell Wrote: Hey

This thread is over 200 pages and I don't have a Facebook account for official support so I apologise if this has already been covered.

On this note I dont like that the creator uses a facebook page as a support area, I also dont have a fb account, I wish he still checked in on here, or opened a site or forum for people to report issues.
(2013-02-18, 13:49)Ghostdivision Wrote:

On this note I dont like that the creator uses a facebook page as a support area, I also dont have a fb account, I wish he still checked in on here, or opened a site or forum for people to report issues.

There is a constellation thread... check the link in my sig.

(2013-02-16, 13:38)Ghostdivision Wrote: I updated the app hoping i would get feedback when adjusting the volume like the official xbmc app, and i still get nothing.

When i adjust the volume in offical xbmc app i get feedback such as the volume going up and down, or passthrough is activated, i get nothing still with constellation it has to be using some other commands.

Also since doing the update the volume icon from my iphone keeps popping up for whatever reason everytime i enter and leave the app.

I also just cant get fast forward and rewind to work properly, maybe its my old 3gs, im upgrading to a iphone 5 in april, but its frustrating still.

it is a skip fwd/back button,

As for the volume, constellation has integrated the side buttons of idevices in their update so whenever the app opens is syncs the volume with the idevice hence the popup. When you adjust constellation volume what feedback are you expecting? or are you meaning that adjusting volume directly with xbmc is not being mimiced by constellation?
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
(2013-02-18, 15:27)Burbulence Wrote:
(2013-02-18, 13:49)Ghostdivision Wrote:

There is a constellation thread... check the link in my sig.

(2013-02-16, 13:38)Ghostdivision Wrote: I updated the app hoping i would get feedback when adjusting the volume like the official xbmc app, and i still get nothing.

it is a skip fwd/back button,

As for the volume, constellation has integrated the side buttons of idevices in their update so whenever the app opens is syncs the volume with the idevice hence the popup. When you adjust constellation volume what feedback are you expecting? or are you meaning that adjusting volume directly with xbmc is not being mimiced by constellation?

I posted this in previous pages, but I dont get feedback unless I mute or put it full blast. For instance xbmc app if i adjust the volume i get an icon popup on screen showing a volume bar.... More importantly when passthrough (wasapi, bitstreaming) is active the offical xbmc app tells the user passthrough is activated, these notifcations are nice for wife and child or guests who dont understand stuff, and reminds them passthrough is activated so they have to control volume on the avr and the volume adjustment wont do anything in xbmc. This is the same with a keyboard, or mce remote, i always get volume feedback.

In constellation i can move volume up and down and no notifcations are shown on screen. Unless I mute it or turn it full blast (i never do either) then a small icon shows up. Otherwise though i can move and adjust volume and it does not send any notification passthrough is active, nor does a volume bar either pop up on screen, im not even sure its working half the time, thus some users in my house wonder why its not turning the volume down especially when there adjusting volume and passthrough is activated, they get no such feedback when adjusting volume through constellation. You can be turning the volume bar up and down in constellation and it can be doing nothing (passthrough active), and no notification pops up like with other devices.

If you try a keyboard,mce remote, or xbmc app and adjust volume you will see the type of feedback showing on screen that is absent when using constellation.
Here is a picture, the first is the main menu screen for xbmc, i dont get any feedback like this adjusting volume with constellation, 2nd is adjusting volume while playing a video where bitstreaming is activated...

Hey all,

Constellation is great!. But I have some feature requests!!

EPG! - got to have it!

Support for 'headless' mode. I run some of my XBMC setup's just as music players with no display. Therefore if someone 'accidentally' selects shutdown or some menu it can cause problems. Would be nice to set these restrictions per host.

The volume control on the iphone is way to small and fiddly. Can we have it at least with a larger grab point?

Enjoying it and well worth the money. Though for some reason after purchasing the ipad version I had to purchase the iphone version aswell so was charged for both. I thought the iPad pro version allowed 1 free iPhone version....

Cheers
Hi all, I'm having a problem and don't know where to start. I was running Eden on a Windows 7 64bit system and constrolling with latest Constellation on a new iPad mini. Everything was fine. A couple of days ago upgraded to Frodo and still have the latest Constellation on the iPad. In the Movies selection on the iPad with the view selection set to movie title all is fine but I like seeing the movies in collection like the Bond films together etc. Problem is when I select the view to tags it puts the collections together but I end up with double covers showing of a bunch of movies like for example the movie 300 shows as a single and also as a collection. I have removed the userdata folder from XBMC and rebuilt all configurations and my movie, tv, and music databases etc. I'm not sure where to go to fix it or if it's just a Frodo bug or Constellation bug or a combination. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Well I went through the whole collection of movies. I removed all instances of movie sets and the movies that were in those sets from the library. I rescraped and added them all again. All the movies show up correctly in XBMC itself. All sets like all the Die Hard movies etc are correct and all the movies not in sets are shown correctly. I removed database from Constellation on the iPad and cleared the image cache, rebooted iPad and resynced. Still the same problem. For instance I have the Die Hard movies all showing up individually and then a cover with the Collection tag over it. The single entries work fine, but if I click on the Die Hard collection it says no movies found. It seems it has to be Constellation. Any thoughts? Anyone else experiencing this?
(2013-02-21, 05:04)Hogman62 Wrote: Hi all, I'm having a problem and don't know where to start. I was running Eden on a Windows 7 64bit system and constrolling with latest Constellation on a new iPad mini. Everything was fine. A couple of days ago upgraded to Frodo and still have the latest Constellation on the iPad. In the Movies selection on the iPad with the view selection set to movie title all is fine but I like seeing the movies in collection like the Bond films together etc. Problem is when I select the view to tags it puts the collections together but I end up with double covers showing of a bunch of movies like for example the movie 300 shows as a single and also as a collection. I have removed the userdata folder from XBMC and rebuilt all configurations and my movie, tv, and music databases etc. I'm not sure where to go to fix it or if it's just a Frodo bug or Constellation bug or a combination. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(2013-02-21, 21:43)Hogman62 Wrote: Well I went through the whole collection of movies. I removed all instances of movie sets and the movies that were in those sets from the library. I rescraped and added them all again. All the movies show up correctly in XBMC itself. All sets like all the Die Hard movies etc are correct and all the movies not in sets are shown correctly. I removed database from Constellation on the iPad and cleared the image cache, rebooted iPad and resynced. Still the same problem. For instance I have the Die Hard movies all showing up individually and then a cover with the Collection tag over it. The single entries work fine, but if I click on the Die Hard collection it says no movies found. It seems it has to be Constellation. Any thoughts? Anyone else experiencing this?

I have had the same issues. I think I figured out the problem. I believe it is an issue with TMDb. All of the movies that I'm having trouble with are a part of a collection, as identified by TMDb. Some of the movies I didn't even realize were in a collection, like Beetlejuice and Inglourious Basterds. Anyway, I'm having trouble with 13 movies (300, Avatar, Beetlejuice, From Dusk Till Dawn, Ghostbusters, GI Joe The Rise of Cobra, Hunger Games, Jaws, Prometheus, Road Trip, Starship Troopers, Despicable Me, Inglourious Basterds). In each situation, I have only downloaded one movie in the set. Some of the movies have parts of the collection that have not been released yet. I don't know what the issue is, exactly, but I've done everything I can think of to fix the problem. There's something that XBMC Constellation and XBMC Commander are looking at to identify them as part of a collection. The movies do not appear as part of a collection in my XBMC library (I'm using a jailbroken Apple TV 2). I've gone so far as to delete the movie, remove the movie from the library, reload the library, redownload the movie, then rescrape. The problem gets resolved momentarily, but the next to I try to update my library in XBMC Constellation or XBMC Commander, they get identified as part of a collection again. I'm guessing Hogman62 will find the same thing.

I've not tried it yet, but I think I'm going to make a custom NFO file for each movie to see if I can force them to appear as just a single movie. Hopefully that will fix it!

And, to get the movies to show up in the collections in the movie library within Constellation, I have found the following works for me. Refresh the library, then pick the "Show Details" option for the drop down box in the upper right corner, then refresh the library while in "Show Details" mode. When you turn off the "Show Details" option, your movies should be in the collections.

Edit: I also discovered an error in Constellation while in the Movie Library Show Details screen. The hours and minutes are screwed up for the movies. The movie 300, for example, is 116 minutes 32 seconds long. In Constellation, the movie is identified as 116h 32min. I don't know if the developer is a regular here, but I'll try to send him a message for a future update.
Ghostdivision:
I thought I mentioned this before (maybe I forgot or with this long thread you may have missed it)... but it sounds like this is more of an issue with XBMC's external sound settings since you're using passthrough. I attempted to hook up externals on my system to see if I could set it up in a similar way (using wasapi) and I was having a few issues controlling the volume as well, but I can't begin to guess if it's XBMC or Constellation since the system I hooked up was 'kind of' broken anyway (no audio output even when manually adjusting the speakers themselves) so I have no idea if they even worked. I know it's not really ideal, but can you try to switch your system to use direct output and see if it fixes the audio controls? (Obviously switch back when you're done if you need to) Let me know if it handles differently that way.

pocster:
The latest version of Constellation on the AppStore allows you to use the actual up and down volume keys from your iPhone/iPad to control the volume while Constellation is active, that should provide the ease you need. As for the accidental shutdown, I don't have any of my devices in front of me, but I believe if you dig around the menus you can turn the "Shutdown", "Reboot", etc. into "Safe Keys" (like you can set for custom commands as well) and by having it a "Safe Key" you have to hold the button down for it to fully light up before it sends the command to help prevent those accidents. If I'm wrong about that option, I'm sure that'd be the feature request to easily solve this problem.

As far as the purchase issue, you're correct, when you paid for the iPad Pro version, you should have been able to "Restore Purchase" via the iPhone to unlock the extra features at no additional cost. Because of Apple's ecosystem, developers can't really do anything about cases like this when they arise, so I would suggest you contact Apple and request a refund for the iPhone version... if you're lucky (guess it depends on which Rep you get ahold of) they will realize the easy mistake and refund it... after which leave the iPad version the way it is, but fully uninstall the iPhone version, then either via the computer or the AppStore icon on the device resync a brand new copy to your iPhone and do "Restore Purchase", that should solve it.

The common misconception with the "iPad Pro version equals one free iPhone version" is that when you purchase the iPad version, you are entitled to install the fully unlocked version of Constellation on ALL iPad's and iPhone's (as well as iPod Touch 3rd Gen and up I think it is) that are physically attached to your Apple ID. Before becoming a beta tester and helping with their Tech Support, I actually purchased the Pro/Universal version for my iPad (didn't own an iPhone yet at the time) and I have that installed on all but one device attached to my account {iPad 1st Gen, iPod Touch 3rdG, iPhone4 CDMA (32GB), iPad2, iPhone4 CDMA (8GB)... the other iPhone4 doesn't need it}

Hogman62 & CzarCastic:
This is an XBMC issue that's been brought up before. As far as I can tell, it boils down to what the XBMC API returns to the remotes, that's why it can show up proper in XBMC but still have the double in Constellation (and even Commander)... I'm guessing they are still there in XBMC itself, just it's smart enough to hide them if they're empty.

CzarCastic:
Some of the movies you mentioned, even though they don't have their sequels (yet) are in production or at least announced that they will get them, so it's understandable that they are already listed in sets. It seems you've got a good handle on what you're doing, so the custom NFO's will probably solve those problems, but the 'time issue' you mentioned, I think it's because most of the sites (TVDb, TMDb) don't use seconds in their duration, so you may want to force correct info while you're making the NFO's to deal with both things in one swipe.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Hello,
first of...Constellation is by far the best Ipad-based remote control.
Anyhow I still have some issues I can't find solutions in any threads I've read so far.
Perhaps you can give me clues where to dig.

My system is Openelec (Eden) and an Ipad3

1. I don't see ANY movie sets at all, although I generated many of them myself and can also see them on my XBMC-System
2. I can't find a way to generate Addon-Links in Constellation. I don't mean the quicklinks you can add at the bottom row of the controllers display. I mean the addon tab on the left side.
3. and mos annoying. If I'm logged in with constellation to the XBMC the shutdown doesn't work as expected. I have to push the shutdown button twice to shutdown the system. With the first push an Error appears (something like " unable to connect server")

Many Thanks,
Rarkh
  • 148(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5