• 155(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
@flippertygibble please use report button ONLY to report spam and indecent behavior.... we all get sent an e-mail when you hit that button.
Whoops! Sorry guys....my bad Undecided
No problem Flip.... I haven't looked at the forums via my iPad in a long time... if you happen to see the button (on PC it's next to "PM" "Find" and it's marked as "+/-") you can do it... but it's not a requirement of any kind.

The main reason I mentioned it is that I've put in a good amount of time helping the users of Constellation and sure, some people (like you) are nice enough to say thanks in the forums, however a lot don't, so seeing that number under my name go up shows that people appreciate the help and I'm not just doing it as a waste of time. I do this type of support for many HTPC related apps and projects since I'm out on disability and can't work... a.k.a. I have a lot of time on my hands and very little to do... feeling worthless since I can no longer follow my passion at a 'real' job kind of doesn't seem as bad when people find a way to still show something I do matters.

Speaking of disability... Again, by no means feel obligated, but if anyone is interested in donating to the "Relay for Life" (by the American Cancer Society) I'm participating again this year... You can find my donation page here. The event will be next month (July 19-20).

:: PS ::
No idea if it's open to US only, but if it is, that's stupid. Smile
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Version of XBMC: Frodo 12.2
OS for XBMC: Windows 7
iOS Device: iPad 2 - 6.1.2
Jailbroken: No
Constellation Ver: 2.8.12

After 2 XBMC Constellation uninstalls/resyncs the same movies display no artwork and have tried downloading different covers for each. Is it a filetype issue? Possibly PNG files? There is no option to only use JPEG in the Artwork Downloader programme from what I can see.
(2013-06-27, 12:47)JonnyDunk Wrote: Version of XBMC: Frodo 12.2

After 2 XBMC Constellation uninstalls/resyncs the same movies display no artwork and have tried downloading different covers for each. Is it a filetype issue? Possibly PNG files? There is no option to only use JPEG in the Artwork Downloader programme from what I can see.

Do the covers show up properly in XBMC on the computer, just not in Constellation?
(2013-07-02, 13:22)JamiePhonic Wrote:

Do the covers show up properly in XBMC on the computer, just not in Constellation?

They show up in XBMC properly, just not on Constellation.
(2013-07-04, 08:14)JonnyDunk Wrote:
(2013-07-02, 13:22)JamiePhonic Wrote:

try pulling down to refresh (like you'd do in the facebook/twitter or email apps) it should make constellation pull fresh copies of the cover art into its cache
it could be the way you have it set up. all my cover art is scraped from online providers, but i still have cover art in the folders so i can see what films i have at a glance when i go looking in the folder.

(sorry for the long delayed reply, i don't check this as often as i should...)
(2013-07-07, 13:18)JamiePhonic Wrote:
(2013-07-04, 08:14)JonnyDunk Wrote:
(2013-07-02, 13:22)JamiePhonic Wrote: Do the covers show up properly in XBMC on the computer, just not in Constellation?

try pulling down to refresh (like you'd do in the facebook/twitter or email apps) it should make constellation pull fresh copies of the cover art into its cache
it could be the way you have it set up. all my cover art is scraped from online providers, but i still have cover art in the folders so i can see what films i have at a glance when i go looking in the folder.

(sorry for the long delayed reply, i don't check this as often as i should...)

Flushed my image cache and refreshed numerous times and still problem occurs
Archigos Wrote:
(2013-06-11, 21:04)wellspokenman Wrote: The folders that don't work have quite a few images in there:
Code:
fanart.jpg
season1-poster.jpg
season0-poster.jpg
logo.png
folder.jpg
season01.tbn
clearart.png
season5-poster.jpg
season03.tbn
season02.tbn
tvshow.nfo
season-specials.tbn
season05.tbn
season2-poster.jpg
landscape.jpg
poster.jpg
season4-poster.jpg
theme.mp3
season3-poster.jpg
season04.tbn
banner.jpg
season-all.tbn
The new one that works has only folder.jpg and fanart.jpg. I guess maybe Constellation could be getting confused by the presence of both banner.jpg and folder.jpg, but some tips would be greatly appreciated before I start deleting all my tv show art files. I thought that it only looked for folder.jpg?

The folder.jpg in the problem shows are in banner format and they display correctly upon entering the tv show in Constellation. Also works in XBMC, so the files are definitely good. It's just the Constellation TV show list that shows up with almost no images displayed.

I'll take a look at this when I get back home since I have essentially the same folder structure... I just never really used banners in Constellation except to initially test it when the added the feature (and it worked back then by grabbing banner.jpg). I haven't tried it since so it might take me a bit to fiddle around with it. I'll try to respond by tomorrow at the latest for you.
Looks like JohnnyDunk is suffering from the same issue as I am. I still can't solve it. Looks fine in XBMC, just not in Constellation.

Does anyone know where Constellation is reading the files from? Because it looks like it's not actually reading the folder.jpg file. I wonder if it is actually looking to the XBMCDB for the artwork location. If that were the case I could look them up in the DB and put them in the correct place manually.
Lightbulb 
(2013-07-16, 17:49)wellspokenman Wrote:
Archigos Wrote:
(2013-06-11, 21:04)wellspokenman Wrote: The folders that don't work have quite a few images in there:
Code:
fanart.jpg
season1-poster.jpg
season0-poster.jpg
logo.png
folder.jpg
season01.tbn
clearart.png
season5-poster.jpg
season03.tbn
season02.tbn
tvshow.nfo
season-specials.tbn
season05.tbn
season2-poster.jpg
landscape.jpg
poster.jpg
season4-poster.jpg
theme.mp3
season3-poster.jpg
season04.tbn
banner.jpg
season-all.tbn
The new one that works has only folder.jpg and fanart.jpg. I guess maybe Constellation could be getting confused by the presence of both banner.jpg and folder.jpg, but some tips would be greatly appreciated before I start deleting all my tv show art files. I thought that it only looked for folder.jpg?

The folder.jpg in the problem shows are in banner format and they display correctly upon entering the tv show in Constellation. Also works in XBMC, so the files are definitely good. It's just the Constellation TV show list that shows up with almost no images displayed.

I'll take a look at this when I get back home since I have essentially the same folder structure... I just never really used banners in Constellation except to initially test it when the added the feature (and it worked back then by grabbing banner.jpg). I haven't tried it since so it might take me a bit to fiddle around with it. I'll try to respond by tomorrow at the latest for you.
Looks like JohnnyDunk is suffering from the same issue as I am. I still can't solve it. Looks fine in XBMC, just not in Constellation.

Does anyone know where Constellation is reading the files from? Because it looks like it's not actually reading the folder.jpg file. I wonder if it is actually looking to the XBMCDB for the artwork location. If that were the case I could look them up in the DB and put them in the correct place manually.

i think that could be the case. i use a mysql database for XBMC and all my images are scraped from the internet, not from the relevant folder, however i do have artwork in there, but mainly for when i browse the folder's manually.

Edit 18/7/13: i was poking around in the settings app and noticed something interesting. Try enabling alpha channel in the settings app under constellation. It says, if your using custom posters with alpha channels i.e. png files, enable this then clean your image cache.

It couldn't hurt to try...
trying now - doesn't seem to work but refreshing the tv show images takes a while. What's really weird is that when I tap into a show the banner displays in the bottom left just fine. Constellation just refuses to display it where it's needed most. Weirder still is that my newly added TV shows are fine - their banner displays very quickly. All shows after a certain date work. I think that date is my Frodo upgrade. Anything prior doesn't have a banner.

Edit: wait....something funky here. If I go into an old tv show, change artwork, choose a new remote banner, then delete constellation data and image cache and resync then my banner appears in the app. A bit of a ridiculous workaround, but constellation is so very nearly perfect that I think it must be done. Hi ho.....

Edit 2: Done and fixed. Odd that I'm more likely to find a helpful programmer to kindly gloss over my profound stupidity in python than to find the developer of an app that I paid for to explain how their product works. The fix for my issue came when I noticed that the artwork for my TV shows was not quite right in XBMC - banner was poster and poster was banner. Using the fanart plugin to overwrite both banner and poster did the trick. Also compounding the problem were some advanced DDWRT wifi settings that really really slowed down my ipad wifi access.

Anyone else annoyed by the fact that we can't browse playlists from the app?
The "fix" for this is to make a new command in Constellation that calls your most used playlists:
Builtin command: PlayMedia(special://profile/playlists/music/yourplaylist.m3u)

substituting the final bit for your playlist location (will probably me .XSP if you made it in XBMC)

Final tip for iTunes users: get a copy of iTunes Export Console (iTunesExportScala) then schedule this command to regularly export all your iTunes playlists to XBMC:
java -jar C:\iTunesExportScala-2.2.2\itunesexport.jar -outputDir=X:\.xbmc\userdata\playlists\music\iTunes

This means you can use your genius playlists from the lounge room without an apple tv. Apple users have it even easier - theres a lot of itunes scripts written for mac.
If any users that use LiveTV in XBMC, could you please post some Constellation (iPad version) screen shots for me
Using TVHeadend for LiveTV backend and don't have channel icons. Done some searching and it doesn't seem that there are any special requirements? I have my channel icons set in the LiveTV settings in XBMC (the default folder setting) rather than having them specified in TVHeadend, not sure if that makes a difference?

Also, I don't seem to have a record button anywhere? I was expecting to be able to touch a show in the EPG view and get the switch and record options but only seem to have switch.

Cheers.
I am a total newb to this app and It's looking like something with great potential. My question that has been probably answered a million time and I can't find it is:

I have access to all of my music files under the files tab but when I goto the artist tab there is nothing. What gives?
Do not know if this has already been discussed here, however it is unfeasible to read 233 pages.

I wonder if there is a possibility of calling "Open" to start the xbmc constellation??
   Note: My pc is already connected ... So I want to open the constellation call the xbmc automatically have as?
  • 155(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5