• 12(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
sampo_v2 Wrote:I've been wondering about this myself. The ubuntu box running xbmc is also running squeezecenter, which uses port 9090. But i can't get xbmc to start listening to port 9090 even if I stop squeezecenter before starting xbmc. Any ideas?

You can change the listening port in xbmc right?
Nothing to see here....
Method007 Wrote:Lastly, I bought the pro version on the iPhone and now when I try to install pro on the iPad it still wants me to purchase it. I thought it said the purchase was good for all devices on the iTunes account? Possibly I am doing something wrong?
If I recall correctly, it gives you the usual popup that asks you to confirm the purchase, but after you press OK, it says you have already purchased and don't need to do that again. I'm not 100% sure how this thing usually works, but many apps have a "restore purchases" option, and I don't think there's one in Constellation?
DomesticMachine Wrote:If I recall correctly, it gives you the usual popup that asks you to confirm the purchase, but after you press OK, it says you have already purchased and don't need to do that again. I'm not 100% sure how this thing usually works, but many apps have a "restore purchases" option, and I don't think there's one in Constellation?
You are correct Just tap restore purchase and confirm the purchase you will get a message afterwords that you have already bought this product...

Regards
Method007 Wrote:Is that button (looks like a piece of movie film) in the movie info screen supposed to play the local trailer?
Yes but not all trailer links are supported. IF you use the std IMDB scrapper it will work... Can you post me some of your trailer links we will figure something out for that.
Frontup, I have to say this is definitly the most comfortable way to control XBMC I've experienced so far. The usability is pretty good, but I have two comments though.

1. alternative sorting for albums by artist (as XBMC provides)
  2. can't navigate back to the artist view when I clicked through an artists albums/songs

Besides this, keep up the great work.
Zotac ZBOX HD-ID11 | OpenELEC 0.99.5 RC5 | XBMC 10.1 "Dharma" | Night
ToBe Wrote:Frontup, I have to say this is definitly the most comfortable way to control XBMC I've experienced so far. The usability is pretty good, but I have two comments though.

2. can't navigate back to the artist view when I clicked through an artists albums/songs

Besides this, keep up the great work.

--added to future todo

--Deselect the selected artist Wink
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try that as soon as I get home.

Cheers.
Zotac ZBOX HD-ID11 | OpenELEC 0.99.5 RC5 | XBMC 10.1 "Dharma" | Night
Just wanted to thank you for the effort and for the price, that keeps the philosophy behind XBMC.

Cheers!

Edit: noticed the ads... better than nothing...
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
zepfan Wrote:You can change the listening port in xbmc right?

Xbmc doesn't listen to the port even if it is available. So changing the port would do nothing. Is there a hidden configuration flag somewhere within xbmc which says "don't start the json service if port was unavailable"?

Also, if you could change the port, how would Constellation know of the new port (unless the other protocol is clever enough to provide the listening address).
sampo_v2 Wrote:Xbmc doesn't listen to the port even if it is available. So changing the port would do nothing. Is there a hidden configuration flag somewhere within xbmc which says "don't start the json service if port was unavailable"?

Also, if you could change the port, how would Constellation know of the new port (unless the other protocol is clever enough to provide the listening address).

We will add that option in the next stable release.
Thanks for constellation, i really like it. Smart you give a trial version of your product. Yours is by far the best of the other 3 that offer trial versions.

I pressed a few buttons to often and option screens kept on popping on and off. Perhaps you can limit the amount of "inputs" it will accept consecutively.
If you fix that i will buy if for sure.

Also if you would be able to customize the home screen it would be great. So optional Dashboard Movies / music / youtube etc.

Keep up the good work Smile
FSS_Dawid Wrote:Yes but not all trailer links are supported. IF you use the std IMDB scrapper it will work... Can you post me some of your trailer links we will figure something out for that.

I think I didn't make myself clear. The trailers I want to play are local trailers, like trailers actually downloaded and in the movie directory. They follow xbmc required trailer wording, I.e. (name of movie)-trailer.ext. I would love for those to have a button in the interface. There is not one xbmc remote that plays local trailers.
DomesticMachine Wrote:If I recall correctly, it gives you the usual popup that asks you to confirm the purchase, but after you press OK, it says you have already purchased and don't need to do that again. I'm not 100% sure how this thing usually works, but many apps have a "restore purchases" option, and I don't think there's one in Constellation?

You are correct. I clicked restor license, it asked me to buy, I clicked ok, then it told me I had already paid for it. Thanks for the help.
Method007 Wrote:I think I didn't make myself clear. The trailers I want to play are local trailers, like trailers actually downloaded and in the movie directory. They follow xbmc required trailer wording, I.e. (name of movie)-trailer.ext. I would love for those to have a button in the interface. There is not one xbmc remote that plays local trailers.

We do not support local trailers...(if you won't we can make the button to play the trailler on xbmc) sorry but for now there is now way to stream files from XBMC with transcoding. We are actually thinking to contribute to xbmc with a transcoding patch/ addon but for now we are loaded with open projects witch we have to finish firs...
That is exactly what i am looking for, the ability to click a button and have the movie trailer play through XBMC, not the ipad/iphone. That feature would be awesome. There is not one XBMC remote that has that function. If it can be added, I would appreciate it!
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5