• 22(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
I think there may be an issue with a setup running their database on an SQL setup.

I tested this app with a database on a local machine and it worked fine. I have now setup this library using a MySQL server on my server and shared this between 2 test machines. All works perfectly within XBMC but as soon as this app connects to a machine, all content goes missing (EG, Music files report 0 and TV/Movies report 0 files).

My guess is this is an issue with XBMC and SQL but is there anything that can be done? This is the very last hurdle I have to get a system fully setup.

EDIT: it appears that XBMC is disconnected from the SQL database when this app is connected to XBMC. I can browse and play files using the app but cannot in XBMC. I then have to wait quite a while after the app closes (probably because its still running in the background) or restart xbmc to get the library back again.
Hi all

Just downloaded this app but have not tried it yet on my iPad. I am a xbmc commander user and thought I would give this app a chance.

But just wanted to ask a question, can u use both poster and banner views in this app ? And if so do u need to set your tv show thumbs picture to posters. As in commander u had to force it to use banners by changing the tv thumbs fr posters to a banner picture. I was wanting to know how u set this up on this app

Thanks.
meridius Wrote:Hi all

Just downloaded this app but have not tried it yet on my iPad. I am a xbmc commander user and thought I would give this app a chance.

But just wanted to ask a question, can u use both poster and banner views in this app ? And if so do u need to set your tv show thumbs picture to posters. As in commander u had to force it to use banners by changing the tv thumbs fr posters to a banner picture. I was wanting to know how u set this up on this app

Thanks.

Yes You can use both. just go to the settings of your host and chose the required view.

phsyraxion Wrote:I think there may be an issue with a setup running their database on an SQL setup.

I tested this app with a database on a local machine and it worked fine. I have now setup this library using a MySQL server on my server and shared this between 2 test machines. All works perfectly within XBMC but as soon as this app connects to a machine, all content goes missing (EG, Music files report 0 and TV/Movies report 0 files).

My guess is this is an issue with XBMC and SQL but is there anything that can be done? This is the very last hurdle I have to get a system fully setup.

EDIT: it appears that XBMC is disconnected from the SQL database when this app is connected to XBMC. I can browse and play files using the app but cannot in XBMC. I then have to wait quite a while after the app closes (probably because its still running in the background) or restart xbmc to get the library back again.

Nop its not that... We are looking into this one but we need some more logs from apple... So we are w8ting with the fix release to be 100% sure it solves the problem.

rlphrts Wrote:same here.. just updated to latest version and app crashes almost directly both on iPhone 3GS and iPad 2

-EDIT-

I just read the suggestion to delete and re-install the app, but this doesn't work for me
We are working to fix it...
Well it doesn't appear to be an issue with the app Smile

After some more testing it appears there is an issue with some widget scripts for Aeon Nox skin. I did a lot of testing and there are 2 widgets to display random songs and random videos on the home screen. With either of these active it causes disconnects to the remote SQL database. It just happened that I started to notice this when testing with the iPad.

I have now loaded and tested my setup on 2 different machines all night switching back and forth and all has been great so most pleased.
I would like to congratulate you for the great work!'s Great works 100% on my system! so I would suggest two features:
1 - Start the application by xbmc
2 - Play the music as the iphone youtube videos.
The pro version will be buying my cards so close to my bill! !!

Thank you for this amazing application! worth every cent...
phsyraxion Wrote:Well it doesn't appear to be an issue with the app Smile

After some more testing it appears there is an issue with some widget scripts for Aeon Nox skin. I did a lot of testing and there are 2 widgets to display random songs and random videos on the home screen. With either of these active it causes disconnects to the remote SQL database. It just happened that I started to notice this when testing with the iPad.

I have now loaded and tested my setup on 2 different machines all night switching back and forth and all has been great so most pleased.

EDIT: Spoke a little too soon. One last test before going to bed and XBMC disconnects from the database when using the remote part... Same issue occurs when the widgets are active.
in the moment 1.4.1 is not stable for me - it means i can not use it. Is there a way to downgrade because version before was working for me just without TV Shows.
just 4 fun :laugh:
AScherff Wrote:in the moment 1.4.1 is not stable for me - it means i can not use it. Is there a way to downgrade because version before was working for me just without TV Shows.

Since iTunes deletes the ipa of previous versions, the only way to downgrade is to hope you still have the old file in your recycle bin (for Windows... not sure how Mac/Linux does it). If the file is in your recycle bin, copy it onto your desktop or somewhere safe, delete the app from your iPad/iPhone then delete the app inside iTunes. Once you removed it from iTunes drag the 'old' version from the desktop into iTunes and then resync it like normal. If you don't have the file, maybe someone might be able to PM you the last version (I'm not sure if links to *.ipa files are allowed in open forum).
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Archigos Wrote:Since iTunes deletes the ipa of previous versions, the only way to downgrade is to hope you still have the old file in your recycle bin (for Windows... not sure how Mac/Linux does it).

You got it. The app was not updatetd in itunes, so i deleted on iphone and checked the app in itunes - then sync and i run 1.3.1
just 4 fun :laugh:
AScherff Wrote:You got it. The app was not updatetd in itunes, so i deleted on iphone and checked the app in itunes - then sync and i run 1.3.1

Glad you were able to sync your old copy... Now I'm off to watch the entire Season 4 of Torchwood to date (E01-E07) Big Grin

Back tomorrow to do more tech support, until then, Tongue
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
I have experienced a strange problem with iPad 1.4.1 for a few times now: sometimes when I view movie / TV show info, tap on fanart to view it fullscreen, and then tap again to exit, the remote panel suddenly slides down and doesn't go away, no matter what I do (need to force close Constellation). This seems to be one of those elusive bugs that just don't happen when you are trying to reproduce them, but I have now seen this maybe a dozen times, so I'm _almost_ sure I'm not just imagining it. Smile

Archigos Wrote:@DomesticMachine
If you're talking about choppy ISO playback, some reason I get that too once in awhile
Yeah, ISO playback. I tried a fresh install with a nightly build, and that fixed the issue, so seems it was some setting from 10.1 that caused this. However, I ran into another issue - a little jerk in video every couple of minutes or so. So I'm back to 10.1 again, I guess I can live without movie sets in Constellation for now. Smile
I can't seem to get this to work.. When I try to launch the iPhone app it just crashes after 3 seconds. What should I try?

I'm on iOS 4.1.. That should be supported, right?
two things,
one request: add tv show synopsis
one bug: 720p videos are using the 1080p flag by mistake.
When I click the facebook application closes!
Another doubt how to perform - Cinema Experience Script support (hold play in movies for 2s) (experimental) - Do not understand how to use this feature ...
Can anyone help me?

It would secure the player for 2 seconds? ?? ??
One of the few apps I've actually paid for!

One issue with me. It seems like about half the time I try to slide the volume up or down it ends up kicking me to the beginning or toward the end of a video which drives me nuts. Then I have to inch forward or back to where I was. The beginning isn't so bad, but when it goes forward too far it sometimes spoils the show.

Not sure if I'm fat fingering the thing. I try to be really careful. Just a FYI

iPhone 4
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5