• 26(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
bought the pro version yesterday....i hope it helps.
i still cannot update the Video/Audio library Sad
videoeditting Wrote:bought the pro version yesterday....i hope it helps.
i still cannot update the Video/Audio library Sad

Can you be more descriptive? Does it just show them empty? Does it crash the App? What type of system do you have XBMC running on (Windows/Linux/Mac) Which iDevice (iPad/iPhone)?
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Archigos Wrote:Can you be more descriptive? Does it just show them empty? Does it crash the App? What type of system do you have XBMC running on (Windows/Linux/Mac) Which iDevice (iPad/iPhone)?

sorry for not being too exact...my first post.
i can get anything to work however NOTHING happens when i 'press' on the Update video library or Update audio library.

Under the status everything is green (HTTP and JSON RPC).

the app does NOT crash at all. i can play, pause, use the touchpad, however the libraries are not updating. I am assuming if this had worked, i would have seen the movies under the Movies tab and same for audio, bookmarks etc.

thanks for your reply.

oh, and my xbmc is running on the windows machine. constellation is running on the iphone 4.

adrian
videoeditting Wrote:sorry for not being too exact...my first post.
i can get anything to work however NOTHING happens when i 'press' on the Update video library or Update audio library.

Under the status everything is green (HTTP and JSON RPC).

the app does NOT crash at all. i can play, pause, use the touchpad, however the libraries are not updating. I am assuming if this had worked, i would have seen the movies under the Movies tab and same for audio, bookmarks etc.

thanks for your reply.
adrian

The "Update Video Library" and "Update Audio Library" update the library in XBMC... and if you're not playing a video, you should see the media scanner (in XBMC) unless you've hidden that in X's settings. If you are trying to force update the library in Constellation itself, you have to go to the Settings menu in Constellation (the 'gear' not the 'wifi' symbol) and touch "Resync local data".
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Archigos Wrote:The "Update Video Library" and "Update Audio Library" update the library in XBMC... and if you're not playing a video, you should see the media scanner (in XBMC) unless you've hidden that in X's settings. If you are trying to force update the library in Constellation itself, you have to go to the Settings menu in Constellation (the 'gear' not the 'wifi' symbol) and touch "Resync local data".

thanks, i did that too. Under the Manage i 'pressed' Resync local data and after i okeyed the pop up screen to sync the local cache...still nothing under the movies tab on my constellation. i am not sure if i missed anything.

i have xmbc on a win7 machine and constelation on the iphone4 if that helps.
thanks again.
adrian
videoeditting Wrote:thanks, i did that too. Under the Manage i 'pressed' Resync local data and after i okeyed the pop up screen to sync the local cache...still nothing under the movies tab on my constellation. i am not sure if i missed anything.

i have XBMC on a win7 machine and constelation on the iphone4 if that helps.
thanks again.
adrian

Here's what may seem like a stupid question... but hey, you never know... do you actually use the Library feature in XBMC or do you just watch everything from "Files" View? The library has to be set up and working correctly for those features to work on remotes.
Archigos Wrote:Here's what may seem like a stupid question... but hey, you never know... do you actually use the Library feature in XBMC or do you just watch everything from "Files" View? The library has to be set up and working correctly for those features to work on remotes.

the question is smart but i am stupid Smile...i watch everything from the files view.
i will try the Library feature and report back if i encounter any problems.

thanks for your help Smile
videoeditting Wrote:the question is smart but i am stupid Smile...i watch everything from the files view.
i will try the Library feature and report back if i encounter any problems.

thanks for your help Smile

No problem... check out XBMC's official Wiki if you need help setting up your library.
v1.4.2 just hit App Store. Hope it will solve a couple of issues.
Hi,

Great work. I've purchased this amazing app to support the development a bit Smile.

I have a question,

It is possible to download the fanart an actors thumbs automatically and keep them avaiable offline?. Now, when i'm online I have to check every film in order to download its fanart...

And what is the purpose of "Sync on wwan" option?

Keep the good work¡
Hello,

I tested Constellation 1.31 and found its design and functionality awsome, so I bought the pro version. Everything was working correctly, except that no movies were displayed on Constellation. TV Shows and Music were shown correctly though.

So, I installed upgrade 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 on my ipad (running iOS 4.2.1). Now, a few seconds after starting Constellation, the application crashes and exits. This occurs on both versions (1.4.1 and 1.4.2).

I am running Dharma 10.1 (no nightly builds) and my databases are quite big (3500 movies, 170 TV Shows, 4800 music albuns). I think the problem lies on my movies database. I have read somewhere about problems with illegal characters... The problem is, I have no idea how to troubleshoot it.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Spider
Spider_mp3 Wrote:Hello,

I tested Constellation 1.31 and found its design and functionality awsome, so I bought the pro version. Everything was working correctly, except that no movies were displayed on Constellation. TV Shows and Music were shown correctly though.

So, I installed upgrade 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 on my ipad (running iOS 4.2.1). Now, a few seconds after starting Constellation, the application crashes and exits. This occurs on both versions (1.4.1 and 1.4.2).

I am running Dharma 10.1 (no nightly builds) and my databases are quite big (3500 movies, 170 TV Shows, 4800 music albuns). I think the problem lies on my movies database. I have read somewhere about problems with illegal characters... The problem is, I have no idea how to troubleshoot it.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Spider

If it's illegal characters... there's a few ways to troubleshoot... however with such a large library of movies, it might be time consuming... The first thing I would do is make sure watched files aren't hidden to make sure you don't miss any. Next install the Web Interface Add-on XWMM (I'm not by the server right now, so may be slightly different name) and activate that. Now you use XBMC's web interface to view essentially tables with your music, movies and tv shows... you can scroll through them rather quickly and glance for accents. If you find any with 'non-standard' characters, select that movie and in the title field, rename the movie, substituting the 'bad' character. Now, I'm not sure if it's my system, a glitch with the add-on or what, but it appears you have to TAB out of the Title field for the Save button to actually highlight, don't assume it changed the database. Once you click save a little glowing status/progress bar with say something like "Updating movie info" or "Saving movie info"... Anyway, hope this helps.

Side note... if you don't have movies already tagged properly for movie sets, the add-on above works great for setting those up as well.
Archigos Wrote:If it's illegal characters... there's a few ways to troubleshoot... however with such a large library of movies, it might be time consuming... The first thing I would do is make sure watched files aren't hidden to make sure you don't miss any. Next install the Web Interface Add-on XWMM (I'm not by the server right now, so may be slightly different name) and activate that. Now you use XBMC's web interface to view essentially tables with your music, movies and tv shows... you can scroll through them rather quickly and glance for accents. If you find any with 'non-standard' characters, select that movie and in the title field, rename the movie, substituting the 'bad' character. Now, I'm not sure if it's my system, a glitch with the add-on or what, but it appears you have to TAB out of the Title field for the Save button to actually highlight, don't assume it changed the database. Once you click save a little glowing status/progress bar with say something like "Updating movie info" or "Saving movie info"... Anyway, hope this helps.

Side note... if you don't have movies already tagged properly for movie sets, the add-on above works great for setting those up as well.

Hi Archigos,

thanks for your reply.

So, you are confirming, that Constellation has problems with non-standard (meaning non-english) characters, right? I have many german and portuguese movies, and I keep the original titles in the database. That means, there are letters with accents, like "á", "ä", "ã", "ç" and so on. Constallation don't accept this? Odd... Do the developers confirm this restriction?

Well, if this is the problem, I will try to replace these characters in my database. Do you know if the problem is restricted to the title field, or do I have to replace characters in other fields, like plot or tagline?

Regards,
Spider
Spider_mp3 Wrote:Hi Archigos,

thanks for your reply.

So, you are confirming, that Constellation has problems with non-standard (meaning non-english) characters, right? I have many german and portuguese movies, and I keep the original titles in the database. That means, there are letters with accents, like "á", "ä", "ã", "ç" and so on. Constallation don't accept this? Odd... Do the developers confirm this restriction?

Well, if this is the problem, I will try to replace these characters in my database. Do you know if the problem is restricted to the title field, or do I have to replace characters in other fields, like plot or tagline?

Regards,
Spider

Not confirming or denying anything... Laugh I just know there was/were issues in the past, but thought it was fixed... I just removed the characters from the title field, no clue if I have/had those in other fields, but I know that Constellation works great with my current setup. I probably lucked out as I had one movie with the n with the ~ on it and one movie with a different one... (Sorry, I'm drunk against all medical advice) Nerd
Archigos Wrote:You don't type that directly into PC Monitor since the command prompt on it has some 'issues'. From the Windows computer that XBMC is on, you create a new text file, put those two lines into it and save the file as "RunXBMC.bat" in the Windows\System32 folder. (Pending on your system settings you want to verify the file didn't save as "RunXBMC.bat.txt")

If you have it saved properly, in PC Monitor on your iDevice, select the correct computer and go to "Terminal", give it a few seconds and you should see at the top the "Microsoft Windows [Version blah blah]" like you would opening a Command Prompt on the computer... in the Enter Command box type ONLY "RunXBMC" (without " marks) and press Send... it should open XBMC after a few seconds. Then touch Done in the top left corner of PC Monitor to exit the prompt. If you get any errors or it doesn't work, there may be some form of permissions issue on your computer or network.

Thanks
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5