• 27(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
FSS_Dawid Wrote:v1.4.2 just hit App Store. Hope it will solve a couple of issues.

Yay, I have the update. Can't wait to get home to test it Smile

BTW, don't you look for beta testers?
leafnode Wrote:Yay, I have the update. Marked as "30 July 2011" though Wink Can't wait to get home to test it Smile

BTW, don't you look for beta testers?

According to iTunes for me, it says 1.4.2 Aug. 31, 2011... plus they have a few beta testers... you could try to PM Dawid and ask nicely to possibly become one (not sure if they are looking for more or not) Wink

---From MediaFrontPage Thread---
Archigos Wrote:@Everyone:
Although it's only 1am here, I said I'd make that announcement on the 1st, so...
Since Github's Wiki Syntax kind of pissed me off a little, I created a special wiki on one of my servers that will hopefully become an area where MFP users can share all their tips/tricks for everyone's benefit. So far, I've written everything that's there, but DejaVu and Mikie have both created accounts to signify their want to help with the project.
Everyone is free to join in and contribute as it'll not only cover MFP, but each of the apps that MFP utilizes. I'm still trying to come up with ideas of ways to make it 'worthwhile' for those that contribute a lot, aside from knowing you're helping the community, but I will say, any accounts caught vandalizing the site will be banned without warning (case by case basis).
I wish I had more 'starter' info on the site before launch but since I'm not a Linux guy I didn't want to just copy/paste commands over and have them break in Syntax or something and screw someone's computer, so someone else will have to write guides for that (sorry).

Anyway, the direct link is here.
Additional Note... We've planned on adding pages about Constellation as well... Big Grin
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Archigos Wrote:According to iTunes for me, it says 1.4.2 Aug. 31, 2011...

Yeah, I noticed that and edited my post - you were quicker Wink
Hello

the interface looks very nice i would love it if it would work completly.

I've istalled the latest version of XBMC yesterday on win XP on a laptop
I've downloaded and installed yesterdays version of constellation in the app store on my ipad 1 (only wifi)

I've also got the pro version of XBMC

The connection to the wirelles pc is fine, i get the pop up in XBMC player.
At one time I was also able to play a song of the laptop but that whas from the list view. Later on i also didt see any songs in the list (files browsing in constellation)

I dont see any albums in the library of music, pictures or anything in constellation. But maybe i did not create an acutual library on xbmc player?

Also i can play youtube movies inside constellation but i can't play them on the pc. i've istalled the youtube app in XBMC player.

A also can't use facebook. I have installed this app in xbmc player but alwayss gives an error. i've set my pasword in it and in constellation i gave it clearance.

Also the remote in constellation does't seem to have any effect on XbMC player. touching the buttons doest effect XBMC player on de computer. The only thing that works is when i try the open the plug in youtube in de remote something happens in de xbmc player but than gives an error.

hope my questions are not to confusing and if i would be glad to give more details if Necessary.

thanks
wiemel Wrote:Hello

the interface looks very nice i would love it if it would work completly.

I've istalled the latest version of XBMC yesterday on win XP on a laptop
I've downloaded and installed yesterdays version of constellation in the app store on my ipad 1 (only wifi)

I've also got the pro version of XBMC

The connection to the wirelles pc is fine, i get the pop up in XBMC player.
At one time I was also able to play a song of the laptop but that whas from the list view. Later on i also didt see any songs in the list (files browsing in constellation)

I dont see any albums in the library of music, pictures or anything in constellation. But maybe i did not create an acutual library on xbmc player?

Also i can play youtube movies inside constellation but i can't play them on the pc. i've istalled the youtube app in XBMC player.

A also can't use facebook. I have installed this app in xbmc player but alwayss gives an error. i've set my pasword in it and in constellation i gave it clearance.

Also the remote in constellation does't seem to have any effect on XbMC player. touching the buttons doest effect XBMC player on de computer. The only thing that works is when i try the open the plug in youtube in de remote something happens in de xbmc player but than gives an error.

hope my questions are not to confusing and if i would be glad to give more details if Necessary.

thanks

no access to event server please watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOVUEeHJAfQ

and be sure to have port 9777(udp) open on the box
And a video library Smile
I' allready done what the video shows. It' works in that way allready.
I also see the green highlights in tn the connection...

And the ports are open.
wiemel Wrote:I' allready done what the video shows. It' works in that way allready.
I also see the green highlights in tn the connection...

And the ports are open.
What OS/ XBMC Version are you using ?
Can you open this webpage from your IPAD ? http://(ip addres of xbmc):8080
Just noticed one possible bug in 1.4.2: the current playback position indicator (MM:SS) in the remote control of the iPhone version does not seem to work, it's just stuck to some random (?) value like 23:36, and might change to some other value now and then. Other than that, controlling playback seems to work fine, and the same value shows & updates just fine on iPad. I'm not sure if this was just introduced in 1.4.2 or if it has been there earlier, since I have used Constellation on iPad much more than on iPhone...
Hi, FSS_Dawid, I'ma giver, first congratulations again, according to which the forecast for the xbmc call the program, either through the eventghost!
works perfect now. unless no crashing in the app and tv and films show perfect.

some specs i noticed now it is working.

when changing profiles need to update the DB, and it is long when having lots of films.

also when trying to change profiles by the app, XBMC freeze and need to restar the PC (revo with W7 and constellation pro in ipad 2)

some films titles in spanish and french with specials letters dont show well.

by the way if need translation in french or spanish let me know Wink
Is it me or does pressing update video library not work?
iorifly Wrote:Hi, FSS_Dawid, I'ma giver, first congratulations again, according to which the forecast for the xbmc call the program, either through the eventghost!

I got a way to open the iphone by using xbmc eventghost and grace, by own eventghost + eventweb
FSS_Dawid Wrote:@mat____
The movie sets support for 10.1 will come in 1.4.3 or 1.4.4.

Great, thanks! Can you also add linked Movies? Dont know if it's used much, but there's the thing where if you have a movie that's a sequel to a tv show (think firefly/serenity) then xbmc supports linking the film to the tv and then the movie will appear when you view the list of TV episodes.

The Commander app does support this, I hesitate to say that because I dont wish to draw comparisons.

I'm enjoying Constellation on my ipad and I'm glad it's under active development, well worth the money Smile
Bought today this app... I tried othes and this one is by far the best.

Question, where can i see the explaination of the buttons? Still struggle with some of them, especially the differences when adding music to the playlist. Or where is this been explained?
sokolum Wrote:Bought today this app... I tried othes and this one is by far the best.

Question, where can i see the explaination of the buttons? Still struggle with some of them, especially the differences when adding music to the playlist. Or where is this been explained?

I'm working on a write up that should be done in a day or so where it'll have screenshots explaining 'most' of the different buttons, navigation, setup, etc. It wont be close to 'official' for Constellation, but should hope most people...

Which buttons specifically were you questioning? You can open the App and press the power and home buttons at the same time to take a screenshot (you'll hear a little camera shutter and the screen will flash/fade white if you've done it right), then just hook the iPad/iPhone to the computer and you can copy the image over via Windows Explorer. Once you have the image(s) just open them in a photo editing (even MS Paint will work) and draw some circles or something around the areas in question... (please don't use a blue or green to mark your image, I'm partly color blind), find a place to host your image and create a link to it here in a new post... I'll do my best to explain each (might even help me with what areas to focus on in my writeup later).

If you can't figure out the screenshots or don't want to hassle/bother with it, just try your best to explain what you touched to get to the screen your on and what the button looks like: (Ex: From main screen, the 'gear' thing at the top)
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5