• 29(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
Quote:Quote:
Originally Posted by iorifly
Originally Posted by iorifly
I would like to make a simple request, a button to change the screen resolution would be great ....
FSS_Dawid,

I don't know if this is possible but I will check

friend, also using a Phillips 5100 that has control keys mapped the xbmc, I have a button on it to change for various resolutions of 1080x1920 for xbmc supports ...
would be great .. ta missing it and call the xbmc I leave for the 5100 ...
I will try to figure something out with the resolution / audio language buttons

Thank you!
Hey.

Great application you have here, I had to purchase immediately after I tried it.

I have a small request; are you able to add functionality to put HTPC to sleep or shutdown from the app?

Many thanks.
SlickMeister Wrote:Hey.

Great application you have here, I had to purchase immediately after I tried it.

I have a small request; are you able to add functionality to put HTPC to sleep or shutdown from the app?

Many thanks.

Shut down is already in there under the network drop down (first one) along with WOL Big Grin
Hi All,

I just installed XBMC on my Windows XP Pro system, connected to my 42inch LCD TV. Wow! Love it. Wish I tried it long ago already.

I have managed to setup the Constellation app on my iPhone4. It all works great.

I have also setup this app on my iPad2. Everything works but the gesture zone. Putting that on and off in the settings makes no difference.

Any ideas?
johandutoit2000 Wrote:Hi All,

I just installed XBMC on my Windows XP Pro system, connected to my 42inch LCD TV. Wow! Love it. Wish I tried it long ago already.

I have managed to setup the Constellation app on my iPhone4. It all works great.

I have also setup this app on my iPad2. Everything works but the gesture zone. Putting that on and off in the settings makes no difference.

Any ideas?

On the iPhone, you pull the menu down once to get the standard controls, grabbing the same area and pulling down a second time brings the gesture area below those controls (bottom half of the screen)

On the iPad, when you pull down the menu, with gesture off you'll see the right 'speaker' has 4 directional buttons and a center 'ok' button, but with gesture on this right side 'speaker' turns into the gesture control, just swipe in the required direction on the speaker face...
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
johandutoit2000 Wrote:I have also setup this app on my iPad2. Everything works but the gesture zone. Putting that on and off in the settings makes no difference.

Any ideas?

johandutoit2000

If you checkout the second picture first page you will see what it look like, also just below that there is a utube video on how to set up, did you remember the setting in the network setting on xbmc that allow for external control, think it explains in the video

hope that helps
Archigos Wrote:On the iPhone, you pull the menu down once to get the standard controls, grabbing the same area and pulling down a second time brings the gesture area below those controls (bottom half of the screen)

On the iPad, when you pull down the menu, with gesture off you'll see the right 'speaker' has 4 directional buttons and a center 'ok' button, but with gesture on this right side 'speaker' turns into the gesture control, just swipe in the required direction on the speaker face...

That is the problem. "Swiping in the required direction" does nothing on screen. It works from the iPhone, so it cannot be a system setup issue.
johandutoit2000 Wrote:That is the problem. "Swiping in the required direction" does nothing on screen. It works from the iPhone, so it cannot be a system setup issue.

I tend to use the iPad version a lot more then the iPhone version, but I've never had a problem with gestures on either... (granted it wasn't until 1.2.2 I think before I even tried on the iPhone, but it's works for the iPad all along... at least for me).

What I would suggest to try (probably wont make a difference) is turn OFF gesture on the iPad, pull the menu down to verify you have the directional control. Now close the app, open the iOS bar (can't think of the damn name... but when you double tap the home button or do the 4-finger 'up' swipe) and make sure to force quit Constellation (it doesn't actually run in background anyway). Reopen the app, turn gesture back on, pull down the menu and when you see the gesture area, just try to tap in the center of it. If it preforms "Enter" like it's supposed to, press and hold the center of the area, then drag your finger all the way to the left or right to see if it moves.

As you said, since it works on your iPhone it's most likely not an XBMC settings issue, and it's doubtful that there's any differences between iPad (original, like I have) and iPad2 that would cause it, so if the above doesn't work, it's got to be a bug. Sad
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
I would like the option of the D-Pad on the iPhone version instead of gesture area, there seems to be enough room, just makes it a little easier to use... Just a thought
Video database isn't working with THE latest nightly build (XBMCSetup-20110906-5e50c25) on Windows 7, iPad 2 latest Constellation 1.4.2, also THE json rpc can't connect.
Just compiled 5e50c25 on Linux and now no JSON RPC doesn't error just nothing, guess it related to the changes they have made in master to the JSON API.

EDIT:

HTTP is connected, and works, the debug log is full of requests for library updates after I enabled debug.
But noticed this...

NOTICE: ES: Incoming connection from XBMC Constellation
NOTICE: ES: Client XBMC Constellation from 192.168.0.107 timed out

No other DEBUG messages relating to JSON appeared.
You're awesome, thank you.

Any idea when android may appear?
FSS_Dawid:

I've mentioned this before, but have been playing with the app again since the updates so thought I'd drop by and say it again. I'd really like the option to change the subheadings inside the movies list. Having the rating show beneath the movie is completely irrelevant to me, my taste in movies is wildly different to the common consensus...it would be much more helpful to show the movie year instead. E.g.
Code:
Movie X
(2010)
not
Code:
Movie X

You alluded before that it showed the rating because I was sorting by rating, but I have it selected to sort by label - I want my list alphabetical, I just want the year to show alongside the movie name Smile

Also, I've noticed an interesting occurrence that it I go back to the main screen for a brief while I can see the previous screen underneath the buttons before the black background is refreshed. Looks a bit weird when I come from a white screen like a settings page. I'll try grab a screenshot if I can.
Archigos Wrote:I tend to use the iPad version a lot more then the iPhone version, but I've never had a problem with gestures on either... (granted it wasn't until 1.2.2 I think before I even tried on the iPhone, but it's works for the iPad all along... at least for me).

What I would suggest to try (probably wont make a difference) is turn OFF gesture on the iPad, pull the menu down to verify you have the directional control. Now close the app, open the iOS bar (can't think of the damn name... but when you double tap the home button or do the 4-finger 'up' swipe) and make sure to force quit Constellation (it doesn't actually run in background anyway). Reopen the app, turn gesture back on, pull down the menu and when you see the gesture area, just try to tap in the center of it. If it preforms "Enter" like it's supposed to, press and hold the center of the area, then drag your finger all the way to the left or right to see if it moves.

As you said, since it works on your iPhone it's most likely not an XBMC settings issue, and it's doubtful that there's any differences between iPad (original, like I have) and iPad2 that would cause it, so if the above doesn't work, it's got to be a bug. Sad

I confirm, it is a bug.
I also note that on the iPad, it is impossible to send the youtube video on your TV after you selected it. This works from my iPhone.
The gesture zone setting on the iPhone seems to make no difference. It always stays in gesture mode.
johandutoit2000 Wrote:I confirm, it is a bug.
I also note that on the iPad, it is impossible to send the youtube video on your TV after you selected it. This works from my iPhone.
The gesture zone setting on the iPhone seems to make no difference. It always stays in gesture mode.

I haven't tried the YouTube feature on either device, but I use the AirPlayer Python script to send all sorts of crap to my large TV (via iDevice or laptop). I guess I'll have to give it a try from each device in the next day or so... (sadly a power transformer blew outside my house earlier tonight and decided to kill my JBOD-NAS that feeds my HTPC... I hate Upstate)

Point of the post though, if I remember correctly Dawid mentioned about the iPhone gesture mode awhile back saying that it was known on their end and they were looking into it.
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5