• 32(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
I am using the latest version and I can't seem to get it to display all my movies as it has before. When I go to the movie section it only shows my movie sets.

Any ideas why?

Thanks
fyrfyter71 Wrote:I am using the latest version and I can't seem to get it to display all my movies as it has before. When I go to the movie section it only shows my movie sets.

Any ideas why?

Thanks

are you using a XBMC nightly after September 5th?

if so then that is why
isamu.dragon Wrote:are you using a XBMC nightly after September 5th?

if so then that is why

I think I am. Thank you very much.
This app is truly awesome! I'm not sure if it has already been suggested but if you could integrate it with a UPnP client it would be unbeatable Smile

You might be able to have a partnership with other apps such as GoodPlayer which has already built a UPnP client!

Thanks!
m0v1em4n Wrote:Hi oregondunerz,

Are you have a similar problem to us, check out above your post.
That's presuming you can sort your music collection, I only have movies so would know

Ok it looks like I got my problem fixed. It may have just been a rookie mistake on my part but I figure I would explain what I did to make it work anyhow. Hopefully it may solve somebody else's problem?

So as I said, when I added my "Music" folder to XBMC all my music was there and playable but none of the artwork would show up. This really bugged me because of how meticulous I am with my music. I scan each and every song with MusicBrainz before it ever makes it into my collection. With the artwork not showing up in XBMC it really wasn't a big surprise that it wouldn't show up in the Constellation app too I guessHuh?

I played around with it this afternoon and here is what I did. In XBMC I navigated to the source I created for my music. I 'right clicked' the music source and a drop-down menu appeared with several options. I clicked on 'Scan Item to Library'. As I said before, my library is about 110gB. It scanned my entire collection (it took about 4 hours +/- I would say to complete.) After that scan I went into Constellation and
In the setting menu
1: "remove database"
2: "flush images cache"

I exited the app. I cleared the app on my iPad. Then I went back in. Everything re-synced perfectly, album art and all.

SUCH AN AMAZING APP! Honestly the best on my iPad. Thanks for the help guys
I would like the option to queue youtube streams or use youtube playlists. Maybe this is already a option but im new and i didnt find it Big Grin
I can't seem to get the app to work on my iPad or iPhone. I get a green light for the connection in constellation and within about ten seconds the app crashes. It never displays a list of movies or anything else.

Running xbmc 10.1 on windows 7. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Eric
Wow what a amazing app,

unfortunately it doesn't work in combination with xbmcforxbox. Is there any way to make that work. I can remote control xbmc but there is no way I can get my libraries to sync with the app. Is there any way ? Or will there be any way, just to keep the hopes up.
Your Appz is great ! I love it.

I Use XBMC on my PC with MPC-HC to play movies. Can you make a script to have some commands like play/pause or stop, than can be match with xbmc & MPC ?

(sorry, my english is bad, if you want you can answer me in french Wink )
Peevb Wrote:Wow what a amazing app,

unfortunately it doesn't work in combination with xbmcforxbox. Is there any way to make that work. I can remote control xbmc but there is no way I can get my libraries to sync with the app. Is there any way ? Or will there be any way, just to keep the hopes up.

Unfortunately the reason it doesn't work is because the Xbox hardware. If I remember reading it right, the xbmcforxbox version can NOT utilize the JSON API... or at least not the newest/lastest JSON. That's what's needed to get the library from XBMC to Constellation. Therefore, it is highly doubtful that Constellation will ever allow full features and full sync for xbmcforxbmc and it's not Constellation or FSS's fault... it's the hardware.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Hi Guys,

I seem to be having some problems,

I am running a nightly build from the 4/9/11 on Windows 7 XBMC

problem 1) When I sort my movies by " Label " My movie collection disappears , But is ok if I sort by Year,Rating,Recently and playcount.

Problem 2) I added some movie sets but they don't show up unless I select sort by Label, and If I do a search only individual movies show not the collection ( perhaps the last bit is by design)

Problem 3) when I select a movie set there is nothing there, no fan art or anything, just black. Sad even though everything show up OK in XBMC

Can someone tell me which XBMC nightly version they are using where they can get there movie collection to show when sorted by label and are you having any problem with sets in that nightly build.

I am presuming that I can install an old nightly version over a recent one :confused2:

Would appreciate if someone could throw some light on this

Thanks
Overall, looks like a great app!
However, just one thing which is stopping it becoming the only remote I will use for xbmc...

Occasionally when watching a movie and scanning for content in xbmc, I'll get an error pop up which says it can't connect to the server (internet timeout due to poor connection). This error can only be dismissed by then pressing left/right and then select (to choose yes/no)...

Other remotes have the feature where you can press left/right/up/down/select and back buttons, which can then control xbmc like the keyboard equivalent on a pc.
I can't seem to find this feature within the app (I'm referring to the iPhone version), on the iPad version it's fine since there is a d-pad which allows for this.
I've tried looking at the gesture-zone. I'm assuming it's the trackpad look-a-like thing where you see faint blue circles appearing where you touch with your finger... But I can't seem to get this working, I've tried turning it on/off in the settings and makes no difference. I've tried using it by pressing on the left side, right side etc, and also by dragging to the left, right etc but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Am I doing something wrong?
jc74 Wrote:Occasionally when watching a movie and scanning for content in xbmc, I'll get an error pop up which says it can't connect to the server (internet timeout due to poor connection). This error can only be dismissed by then pressing left/right and then select (to choose yes/no)...

Other remotes have the feature where you can press left/right/up/down/select and back buttons, which can then control xbmc like the keyboard equivalent on a pc.
I can't seem to find this feature within the app (I'm referring to the iPhone version), on the iPad version it's fine since there is a d-pad which allows for this.
I'm curious about a few things which might help with figuring out your problem.
  • What version of XBMC are you running? 10.1 or a Nightly (what date)
  • When you get the error (poor connection) does the status light in Constellation change from Green to Yellow?
Quote:I've tried looking at the gesture-zone. I'm assuming it's the trackpad look-a-like thing where you see faint blue circles appearing where you touch with your finger... But I can't seem to get this working, I've tried turning it on/off in the settings and makes no difference. I've tried using it by pressing on the left side, right side etc, and also by dragging to the left, right etc but it doesn't seem to do anything.
Am I doing something wrong?
The gesture zone is the area inside the red box in the third image (for clarification for others having a hard time finding it).
Note: Disregard the red status in Constellation, my HTPC was powered off at the time of those shots.
ImageImageImage
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
date for next version? Eventghost working with?
I'm having the same issues as m0v1em4n I've seen there are problems with nightlies for the atv2 since sept 6th so I rolled back initially to the 5th then 4th then 3rd, none of these builds seemed to work either, any ideas?

Thanks
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5