• 41(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
ecopsorn Wrote:dev-null reported the same issue just one post below. I guess it's a very simple thing to fix for the dev's, hopefully we'll get an update soon.
On the other remote I bought "HippoRemote", there's also a Macro for "Next Subtitle". This comes in handy when you have several subtitles with different languages. Could the button work as a enable/disable switch as well as a next subtitle switch.... like this:
*ButtonPress* --> Enable Subtitle 1 --> *ButtonPress* --> Subtitle 2 --> *ButtonPress* --> Disable Subtitles
I noticed dev-null's post, but thought it was moot to respond a second time. I think I've tried Hippo as well (I've tried about a dozen before finding Constellation) and you're right, a button to cycle the subtitles as opposed to a simple on/off would be useful to many people. But since I'm not actually affiliated with FSS and essentially just beta test / offer support best I can, all I can do is pass the info on.

bleze Wrote:Something as good as this should be featured on the main page of xbmc.org! I didn't notice the app until yesterday. Bought it in a heartbeat
Being on the front page would be great, but I think with Eden in a feature freeze and iOS5 officially being released in a few days it'd be better to wait until the next version to come out so that way when a new mass of users grab the app it'd be less of a headache with the fact that JSON changes broke certain functionality in the more recent builds.

m0v1em4n Wrote:Thanks Archigos
No problem
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Sorry for my absence on the forums but we are really hard working on constellation there are some really BIG changes coming I know you will Love. This release will only be a bug fix.

A update has been just submitted v1.5.1

*IOS 5 support
*Pined left menu up
*IMDB button in media details now opens IMDB webpage if IMDB app is unavailable.
*Twitter support in IOS 5
*Added Facebook and Twitter to the remote view
*fixed: Facebook crash
*fixed: Update video/audio library XBMC nightly
*support for XBMC EDEN tested with today's build.

I hope the next release (v1.9.1) will make you all very satisfied...

Regards
dev-null Wrote:The subtitle toggle button is very critical to me too. Please take the time to implement it correctly. I bought the app already and it's very nice and useful. I just need the subtitle button to throw away my old physical remote.

v1.9.1 will have in app subtitles support with means you will be abele to switch sups/audio and pick the ones you want.
bleze Wrote:Something as good as this should be featured on the main page of xbmc.org! I didn't notice the app until yesterday. Bought it in a heartbeat

ROTFL Smile

Thanks Smile
@ ecopsorn Forgive me if I'm wrong but doesnt the subtitles button on the right hand side of the remote page cycle through subs if present? I can't say for certain as I only have a few movies with subs and then only 1 file... I know it turns them on/off...

Just a thoughtHuh
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
Burbulence Wrote:Forgive me if I'm wrong but doesnt the subtitles button on the right hand side of the remote page cycle through subs if present? I can't say for certain as I only have a few movies with subs and then only 1 file... I know it turns them on/off...

Just a thoughtHuh
Yes it does Wink
FSS_Dawid Wrote:Yes it does Wink

hmm, I have a movie though which has a subtitle and the button doesn't do anything. If trying the same thing with another app or a keyboard using the standard keymapping "t" does the trick.

If it cycles through subtitles that's great, it would just have to work Wink
FSS_Dawid Wrote:Sorry for my absence on the forums but we are really hard working on constellation there are some really BIG changes coming I know you will Love. This release will only be a bug fix.

A update has been just submitted v1.5.1

*support for XBMC EDEN tested with today's build.

Regards

Well a little disappointing, given your build up in your last post, But at least its supports a later nightly build,

Can you confirm that the update is compatibly with nightly build 10/10/11 and anything above and below this could be suspect

Also can some one tell me how Face book and Twitter figure in a media remote app

Here's looking forwards to the next update
m0v1em4n Wrote:Well a little disappointing, given your build up in your last post, But at least its supports a later nightly build,

Can you confirm that the update is compatibly with nightly build 10/10/11 and anything above and below this could be suspect

Also can some one tell me how Face book and Twitter figure in a media remote app

Here's looking forwards to the next update

Well what can I say ?
You will know in a while why it's taking so long.
But I know v1.9.1 will blow your mind Wink

10/10/11->>yes
anything above ? well no. Im not a XBMC Team member or a prophet so I can't tell you that.

If you won't to keep it stable stay with v10.1
FSS_Dawid Wrote:Well what can I say ?
You will know in a while why it's taking so long.
But I know v1.9.1 will blow your mind Wink

10/10/11->>yes
anything above ? well no. Im not a XBMC Team member or a prophet so I can't tell you that.

If you won't to keep it stable stay with v10.1

Thanks Dawid,

and thanks for the update, you certainly know how to dangle those carrots Laugh
And what can I say this app is still the greatest Big Grin
ecopsorn Wrote:hmm, I have a movie though which has a subtitle and the button doesn't do anything.

The button don't works to me too. My movies are mkv with subtitles in srt format and the same name from the mkv. Ex: movie.mkv and movie.srt. I prefer external subtitles because I can correct it if there are errors. Otherwise, this is a great app. Anxiously waiting for v1.9.1. Big Grin
dev-null Wrote:The button don't works to me too. My movies are mkv with subtitles in srt format and the same name from the mkv. Ex: movie.mkv and movie.srt. I prefer external subtitles because I can correct it if there are errors. Otherwise, this is a great app. Anxiously waiting for v1.9.1. Big Grin

I've heard of issues with subtitles for mkv files, sadly don't remember the details, but might be part of what you guys are talking about.
-Sent via ViPhone
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
dev-null Wrote:The button don't works to me too. My movies are mkv with subtitles in srt format and the same name from the mkv. Ex: movie.mkv and movie.srt. I prefer external subtitles because I can correct it if there are errors. Otherwise, this is a great app. Anxiously waiting for v1.9.1. Big Grin

First check if subs are enabled from the audio settings menu then also check if the subs are showing up the the list in the subtitles menu... Both menus are accessed whilst playing a movie by long pressing the centre button on the apple remote or by pressing The left hand menu button in constellation,

@Archigos, subs were causing crashes on earlier versions of the nightlies, and 10.1 with iOS 4.3 on all mkv's if I remember rightly... I don't use subs that much but the limited testing I've done it seems to be much better
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
Archigos Wrote:I've heard of issues with subtitles for mkv files, sadly don't remember the details, but might be part of what you guys are talking about.

The subtitles works fine in xbmc. On my old ir control there's a button to emulate the "t" key and it works perfect. But sometimes there's infra-red interference from my tv and I need to seek a better position. It's very annoying. The constelation is perfect because I can get rid this old ir remote.
dev-null Wrote:The subtitles works fine in xbmc. On my old ir control there's a button to emulate the "t" key and it works perfect. But sometimes there's infra-red interference from my tv and I need to seek a better position. It's very annoying. The constelation is perfect because I can get rid this old ir remote.

Burbulence figured out the part I was talking about... and he's right, it was on older versions of Nightlies, which I was told had gotten fixed awhile back, so disregard my comment. I don't use Subs often so I rarely pay attention to that aspect.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5