• 46(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
Hi Guys,

I bought the £2.99 version for my ipad and was told if i wanted Constellation on my iphone I need to restore in order to get the add free, but when I do that it say " do you want to buy full version" is this right, I am using the same itunes store login
m0v1em4n Wrote:Hi Guys,

I bought the £2.99 version for my ipad and was told if i wanted Constellation on my iphone I need to restore in order to get the add free, but when I do that it say " do you want to buy full version" is this right, I am using the same itunes store login

Just click YES... You will get a next popup that will present say: "You have already purchased this product..." sorry but this is one of the thing apple didn't think about doing in app payments ... :/
Edit:
Be sure to restore the ipad version.
I'm using this app on my ipad, and it's great! But I have 2 questions about this app.

1. I'm using openelec pvr and I recently updated to the lates version. Now there seems to be a problem with json. And some features of constellation aren't working now. Is this a problem with xbmc, and need this to be fixed by the xbmc team? Or is json just updated and will it work again in the next version of constellation?

2. I'm missing one thing on this app, and that's support for xbmc-pvr. The pvr is really stable these days, and I'd like to control that part also using my ipad. So are there plans for adding pvr support with a timeline tv-guide, set recordings, and switch channels by tipping them on the ipad? That would be great!
FSS_Dawid Wrote:Well just there is no way to disable this in app and there will not be because this is the way the XBMC event server works... It has in its specs a hello and goodbye packet when we send the hello packet you get the popup.

Sorry for my late replay but we are working really working on some sick XBMC Constellation features Smile Well I just can't w8 for the new release Smile and your opinion on what we did with it Smile The biggest improvements are coming to IPad, but don't worry the Iphone app will not be far behind for a long while...

Regards
Dawid

EDIT:
Try deleting the sound from the skin folder Wink

Thanks for the reply, and no worries- after talking with the wife we're going to simply disable interface sounds until I can track down which file to zap in the skin folder.

I'm looking forward to new versions of XBMC and Constellation- glad to hear you're focusing there. New shinies are always good.
FSS_Dawid Wrote:Well I'm also using the pvr build and it's outdated you will have to w8 for a update sorry for that.

I can confirm that todays pvr build of OpenElec fixed the problem with the library:
http://gujs.openelec.tv/build/PVR-PPA-op...ppa-odk51/

Now I'm happy again that I bought the Pro version
Johnnygo Wrote:I'm using this app on my ipad, and it's great! But I have 2 questions about this app.

1. I'm using openelec pvr and I recently updated to the lates version. Now there seems to be a problem with json. And some features of constellation aren't working now. Is this a problem with xbmc, and need this to be fixed by the xbmc team? Or is json just updated and will it work again in the next version of constellation?

2. I'm missing one thing on this app, and that's support for xbmc-pvr. The pvr is really stable these days, and I'd like to control that part also using my ipad. So are there plans for adding pvr support with a timeline tv-guide, set recordings, and switch channels by tipping them on the ipad? That would be great!

1)You need to w8 for a openelce update with XBMC OPK PVR-50 build. Im using this build (compiled by my self) and its working without any problems.
[EDIT] --> read 1 post up Smile a there is new version of openelce! Witch works Wink

2)Well time will come for that Smile We are also XBMC PVR users so I know how cool it would be to have PVR in app Smile
Don't know if anybody mentioned this bug already:

When I click on the IMDB button on my Ipad, the site opens but the movie is not displayed, instead the "page not found" url appears
Code:
www.imdb.com/title/(null)

If I press the button on my iPhone 4, nothing happens at all Confused

Both run iOS5
behrens Wrote:I can confirm that todays pvr build of OpenElec fixed the problem with the library:
http://gujs.openelec.tv/build/PVR-PPA-op...ppa-odk51/

Now I'm happy again that I bought the Pro version

ecopsorn Wrote:Don't know if anybody mentioned this bug already:

When I click on the IMDB button on my Ipad, the site opens but the movie is not displayed, instead the "page not found" url appears
Code:
www.imdb.com/title/(null)

If I press the button on my iPhone 4, nothing happens at all Confused

Both run iOS5

grr thx I can confirm it that if a movie does not have a IMDB if it will open a incorrect address. Added to bug list will be fixed in next release.
I have used Constellation for some time now with only small problems like sporadic crashes and the lack of alphabetical ordering in the library... Biggest problems have been finding a good nightly build to use with it. As im running XBMC on my apple tv2 i was recommended to use a build from september 5 which has worked ok, liked described above.

I was very happy when the new version was launched... I upgraded xbmc to the very latest iOs buid and installed the new version of constellation. But now the Json traffic never works. The lights never turn green? The remote part oviously works over HTTP as it works perfectly, but i get no library updates and the Json lights never go green.

Any suggestions? Im running xbmc on ATV2 and Constellation on an iPad2. Thanks!
is there any chance .strm files could be supported using nightlys and stable can't get them to open streaming content
I can't get this program to stop crashing. I downloaded it last night, then deleted it and reinstalled it tonight to make sure it wasn't the installation. Using it on Dharma, IOS 4, on an 2G Ipod Touch 8Gb.

It seems to crash every time I go into Movies and the thumbnails are building. If I don't scroll, but hit the back button, it mainly works. If I scroll at all, the ad disappears on the bottom, then the thumbnails fill in, and boom--it crashes. If I scroll and then immediately hit the back button, it crashes.

I've tried clearing the cache, re-syncing multiple times. I've cold-booted the iPod. Basically tried everything to figure out what's going on to no avail.

Looks nice when it works <sigh>.
PelleBoA Wrote:I have used Constellation for some time now with only small problems like sporadic crashes and the lack of alphabetical ordering in the library... Biggest problems have been finding a good nightly build to use with it. As im running XBMC on my apple tv2 i was recommended to use a build from september 5 which has worked ok, liked described above.

I was very happy when the new version was launched... I upgraded xbmc to the very latest iOs buid and installed the new version of constellation. But now the Json traffic never works. The lights never turn green? The remote part oviously works over HTTP as it works perfectly, but i get no library updates and the Json lights never go green.

Any suggestions? Im running xbmc on ATV2 and Constellation on an iPad2. Thanks!

Are you 100% sure you are using a nightly after 10/10/2011 ? I have tested it with atv2 on the latest dir and it works like a charm... try to do this:
kill constellation.
reboot XBMC.
after xbmc is started and working for like 60s open constellation.

essoens Wrote:is there any chance .strm files could be supported using nightlys and stable can't get them to open streaming content
I think that's possible can you send me a .strm file?

M3Rocket Wrote:I can't get this program to stop crashing. I downloaded it last night, then deleted it and reinstalled it tonight to make sure it wasn't the installation. Using it on Dharma, IOS 4, on an 2G Ipod Touch 8Gb.

It seems to crash every time I go into Movies and the thumbnails are building. If I don't scroll, but hit the back button, it mainly works. If I scroll at all, the ad disappears on the bottom, then the thumbnails fill in, and boom--it crashes. If I scroll and then immediately hit the back button, it crashes.

I've tried clearing the cache, re-syncing multiple times. I've cold-booted the iPod. Basically tried everything to figure out what's going on to no avail.

Looks nice when it works <sigh>.
O_o well It's tested with iphone 3gs / iphone 4 / ipad / ipad 2 3g wifi. What is the version of IOS you are using 4.3 ? I have heard that a few ppl have a problem with IOS 4.2.1 and JB the app crashes @ startup.

Regards
FSS_Dawid Wrote:O_o well It's tested with iphone 3gs / iphone 4 / ipad / ipad 2 3g wifi. What is the version of IOS you are using 4.3 ? I have heard that a few ppl have a problem with IOS 4.2.1 and JB the app crashes @ startup.

Regards

It's IOS 4.2.1.

I think I narrowed the problem down the problem a little! It may be related to loading thumbnails and/or ads? :confused2: As long as I wait for all the thumbnails to load and/or get cached AND the ad to load, the "Back" button mostly works fine. If either the ad or thumbnails are in the middle of the refresh, and I press the Back button, bam--crash!

So I basically have to move through the Movie library slowly to let the thumbnails cache (so they load faster). Then I use the right scroll bar to go to a place (say all movies starting with "A") where the thumbnails are already cached, then the Back button works without crashing!
FSS_Dawid Wrote:1)You need to w8 for a openelce update with XBMC OPK PVR-50 build. Im using this build (compiled by my self) and its working without any problems.
[EDIT] --> read 1 post up Smile a there is new version of openelce! Witch works Wink

2)Well time will come for that Smile We are also XBMC PVR users so I know how cool it would be to have PVR in app Smile

Thanks, I have installed the new openelec version and constellation is working again!

Can I do something to speed-up the time for PVR support??
Hey :-)

I was wondering if it's possible to use portrait mode on iPad? If not, then I'd love to see it implemented in a future update; maybe just like the iPhone version.

/Adoweniih
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5