• 47(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
Johnnygo Wrote:Thanks, I have installed the new openelec version and constellation is working again!

Can I do something to speed-up the time for PVR support??
Write a JSON-RPC api in XBMC that supports PVRSmile

Adoweniih Wrote:Hey :-)

I was wondering if it's possible to use portrait mode on iPad? If not, then I'd love to see it implemented in a future update; maybe just like the iPhone version.

/Adoweniih
It's planed for Milestone v2.0
FSS_Dawid Wrote:It's planed for Milestone v2.0

Awesome :-) When's the deadline for milestone v2? ;-)
FSS_Dawid Wrote:O_o well It's tested with iphone 3gs / iphone 4 / ipad / ipad 2 3g wifi. What is the version of IOS you are using 4.3 ? I have heard that a few ppl have a problem with IOS 4.2.1 and JB the app crashes @ startup.

Regards

M3Rocket Wrote:It's IOS 4.2.1.

I think I narrowed the problem down the problem a little! It may be related to loading thumbnails and/or ads? :confused2: As long as I wait for all the thumbnails to load and/or get cached AND the ad to load, the "Back" button mostly works fine. If either the ad or thumbnails are in the middle of the refresh, and I press the Back button, bam--crash!

So I basically have to move through the Movie library slowly to let the thumbnails cache (so they load faster). Then I use the right scroll bar to go to a place (say all movies starting with "A") where the thumbnails are already cached, then the Back button works without crashing!

I think this app shows enough promise for me to purchase it. Just wondering whether loading of the ad at the bottom has anything to do with the crashes I'm experiencing? Is there any interest to troubleshoot this app for those of us stuck in OS 4.2.1?
Just got around to playing with this today- very sweet indeed. Couple of probs though maybe someone can help. I see my library movies fine- but when I go to the files view it is empty. There is nothing in my video folder. Also, the reboot, shutdown, etc buttons under "Configure and Manage" do nothing when I tap them. I am running ios 5 with latest app downloaded, and xbmc (atv2) latest nightly. Both lights are green on http/json. Thanks for any suggestions.

edit: just got the files to show up one time by doing "resync local data" under options.. once I move from this view though and come back, they're gone again! Anyway to keep these in view so I don't have to resync every time? I do most of my file selecting in "files" mode so this is kinda big for me.
Hi,

Does this particular iPad remote application integrate with the youtube plugin?

Can I use this remote application to search for/select/navigate to a video in youtube and have it display on the XBMC media player connected to TV?

thanks
hagfish Wrote:edit: just got the files to show up one time by doing "resync local data" under options.. once I move from this view though and come back, they're gone again! Anyway to keep these in view so I don't have to resync every time? I do most of my file selecting in "files" mode so this is kinda big for me.

AFAIK files view refreshes each time you view the list, and depending on the amount of folders in your movies directory it takes a while for them to refresh... For me anyway whenever I view files it can take up to 20 or so seconds to bring up the list.

You really should switch to library mode selection as constellation really comes alive with a fully sync'ed library!Big Grin
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
herod98 Wrote:Hi,

Can I use this remote application to search for/select/navigate to a video in youtube and have it display on the XBMC media player connected to TV?

thanks

In nightlies you can use airplay for non-DRM video (music is unsupported)

to enable install the bonjour service (installed with iTunes).
go to settings/network in XBMC
Enable "Announce these Services to Other Systems via Zerconf"
Enable "Allow XBMC to Recieve AirPlay Content"
Hi there.
1. Is it possible to receive information from medialibrary, but make search by file names, not movie names.
2. Are you going to make search by actors, directors.

I think I narrowed the problem down the problem a little! It may be related to loading thumbnails and/or ads? :confused2: As long as I wait for all the thumbnails to load and/or get cached AND the ad to load, the "Back" button mostly works fine. If either the ad or thumbnails are in the middle of the refresh, and I press the Back button, bam--crash!

So I basically have to move through the Movie library slowly to let the thumbnails cache (so they load faster). Then I use the right scroll bar to go to a place (say all movies starting with "A") where the thumbnails are already cached, then the Back button works without crashing!
Yes we will support IOS 4.2.1 added to bug list will be fixed asap.

Adoweniih Wrote:Awesome :-) When's the deadline for milestone v2? ;-)
the next release will be 1.9.1 --> 1.9.6 -- > and 2.0 Wink

hagfish Wrote:Just got around to playing with this today- very sweet indeed. Couple of probs though maybe someone can help. I see my library movies fine- but when I go to the files view it is empty. There is nothing in my video folder. Also, the reboot, shutdown, etc buttons under "Configure and Manage" do nothing when I tap them. I am running ios 5 with latest app downloaded, and xbmc (atv2) latest nightly. Both lights are green on http/json. Thanks for any suggestions.

edit: just got the files to show up one time by doing "resync local data" under options.. once I move from this view though and come back, they're gone again! Anyway to keep these in view so I don't have to resync every time? I do most of my file selecting in "files" mode so this is kinda big for me.
It's working OK ATV2 has slow response times if you have plenty of files you will have to w8 for Atv2...

herod98 Wrote:Hi,

thanks
Yes youtube is integrated you can test it out that's why constellation is free...

Crutch Wrote:Hi there.
1. Is it possible to receive information from medialibrary, but make search by file names, not movie names.
2. Are you going to make search by actors, directors.
I Think this is not implemented in XBMC-JSON and If we get all the directors / actors for each movie the sync will take a long time(especially for atv users).
We can try to implement this (as a option) but it won't be in the next release.
Why would you like to search by file names ? in the library ? I don't see any point in it...
I Think this is not implemented in XBMC-JSON and If we get all the directors / actors for each movie the sync will take a long time(especially for atv users).
We can try to implement this (as a option) but it won't be in the next release.
Why would you like to search by file names ? in the library ? I don't see any point in it...[/quote]

Because all of the scrapers takes only one variant of the movie title (Original or translated). I can manualy rename the movie as I want, but it takes much time. I have 25000 files in my database. All of them have title like next " [2011] Thor - Тор". So I can search using Russian or English.
FSS_Dawid Wrote:It's working OK ATV2 has slow response times if you have plenty of files you will have to w8 for Atv2...

Yep- I let it sit for a minute or two and the files eventually showed up. Any info as to why the shutdown/reboot don't seem to do anything if touched on the "Configure & Manage" section?

FSS_Dawid Wrote:Yes we will support IOS 4.2.1 added to bug list will be fixed asap.

Great--thanx! I actually purchased the app last night. I can say it's more stable without the ad. I only managed to crash it once since then--it was constantly crashing before I purchased it and got rid of the ad. Perhaps this will help you narrow down where the bug is.

I am using the app a little on the little iPod Touch screen, and I have a few feature requests and observations:

1. Need a way to adjust the font size--especially since the font is tall and narrow. Really makes it hard to read on a small screen in portrait/vertical mode such as on the iPod Touch. It's easy enough to scroll if there are many lines to read. But when the text is too small, and one can't make out the difference between 1 and l, 0 and O, well--some of us are just too old to read the small print. Laugh

In the above screen for instance (which is much larger on my computer screen than the actual iPod Touch screen). It's almost impossible to read the actors name, and definitely impossible to make out their character name! Yet, there is so much space around the text.

Here's an example from iPeng where I think the font choice, size and colors strike the right balance for readability and content:

2. Need landscape/horizontal mode. The additional horizontal space would make it easier to use larger, more readable fonts for the smaller iPod screens.

3. Coverflow-type mode would be fantastic since the art/posters will be larger and readable on screen rather than having text

3. In movie library detail mode, it seems like the space allocated for the most important button (PLAY) is really small compared to the space allocated to the IMDB logo/button for example. It is also in a bad place for one-handed operation. IMHO, the PLAY button should be much larger and in a more prominent place.

4. In file mode, the play and add to playlist "buttons" are really small. It's quite the challenge to hit the buttons properly even with average sized fingers.

5. Seems like a lot of white space around each listing in file mode to allow the play and add to playlist buttons to be on every file rather than having to click the file before getting the play/add "buttons." I suggest larger buttons like overlay buttons. Maybe something like this:
Okey, I have now made sure I'm running the very latest nightly build of XBMC as of now (the 20111010 version) on my ATV2. But I'm still experiencing problems... It always takes a very long time for the JSON lights to go green, mostly it also crashes once or twice, or even crashes XBMC, before all lights are green. This process usually takes anything form 2-10 minutes when starting Constellation. But I can accept that - that's not the real problem...

Now I have the EXACT same problems I was experiencing with the the last version of Constellation when not having a correct nightly build. I remember me having to find a build form september 5 or something to finally get the old version to work properly... The problem is simple... EVERYTHING works - EXCEPT the movie library, which always is empty... No matter how I sort it. In the last version the movie library only appeard if you did not sort by label, now that doesnt' help anymore - it's always empty.

For example all my 2000 or something TV-episodes show up but my 1200 or so movies does not Sad It's so empty that the "pull down to sync" feature isn't even visible. And when forcing a resync of the entire library it's still empty...

When the system crashes (happens sporadically when browsing my TV-shows) it quite often clears all "sections" (tv-shows and albums) so that the library is completely empty... then after some restarts it's suddenly there again... except of course the movies.

I had high hopes on the new version of Constellation but now I don't know what do do anymore. I'm starting to loose faith after literary weeks of testing. Any ideas at all is apprechiated... I am running the Pro version btw so this is not that Add-problem some as reported earlier.

Thanks!
It should be added that these problems only exist for me on the ATV2. I installed the latest nightly on my Win7 computer and then Constellation works like a charm. Everything runs smootly, no crashes, connection happens fast, and all movies are detected almost instantly.

So if anyone have any ideas why it's extremely buggy on the ATV2 feel free to tell me. Or if you can recommend a nightly build on which you know it works I can revert to that one because the very latest one does not work like stated in my previous post.
FSS_Dawid Wrote:Yes we will support IOS 4.2.1 added to bug list will be fixed asap.

Thanks, i also can confirm the crashing on iOS 4.2.1 (Iphone 3G). I`m gonna buy your app anyway to get rid of those adds Smile.

One thing, do you also plan on supporting basic controls for external players such as MPC-HC ? Some of us use MPC-HC as an external player for HD audio bistreaming, and it`s a pain to leave the Constellation remote and use RemoteX to control MPC-HC.
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5