• 48(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
PelleBoA Wrote:Okey, I have now made sure I'm running the very latest nightly build of XBMC as of now (the 20111010 version) on my ATV2. But I'm still experiencing problems... It always takes a very long time for the JSON lights to go green, mostly it also crashes once or twice, or even crashes XBMC, before all lights are green. This process usually takes anything form 2-10 minutes when starting Constellation. But I can accept that - that's not the real problem...

Now I have the EXACT same problems I was experiencing with the the last version of Constellation when not having a correct nightly build. I remember me having to find a build form september 5 or something to finally get the old version to work properly... The problem is simple... EVERYTHING works - EXCEPT the movie library, which always is empty... No matter how I sort it. In the last version the movie library only appeard if you did not sort by label, now that doesnt' help anymore - it's always empty.

For example all my 2000 or something TV-episodes show up but my 1200 or so movies does not Sad It's so empty that the "pull down to sync" feature isn't even visible. And when forcing a resync of the entire library it's still empty...

When the system crashes (happens sporadically when browsing my TV-shows) it quite often clears all "sections" (tv-shows and albums) so that the library is completely empty... then after some restarts it's suddenly there again... except of course the movies.

I had high hopes on the new version of Constellation but now I don't know what do do anymore. I'm starting to loose faith after literary weeks of testing. Any ideas at all is apprechiated... I am running the Pro version btw so this is not that Add-problem some as reported earlier.

Thanks!
I think the problem is that your apple TV does not responde with the JSON in less the 90s so you get a timeout.... ATV2 is very slow in serialization. I will add +30s to the timeouts or just give a option in settings for this. Thats why your. Your JSON light does not turn green because its w8 ting for the response.
@M3Rocket
Thx for pointing this out we will implement a bigger font in the places we can. Like in the cast.
2) we have planed vertical in milestone v2. so you will have to w8 a while for this Smile
3) v2
4) I agree
5) We will add a play album button there.
Just FYI, still experiencing a lot of crashes. I had to flush and resync the local cache since I had updates to my XBMC library. Seems like it crashes a lot when the local cache is refreshing. Not high on the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) right now. I have to baby the app to get it to work. Sad
OK, finally splurged for Pro version. Now, can I officially request that the movie list gets that A-Z letter column down the right side for quick jumping to movies? Big Grin

I asked about this last week but I really am far too lazy to have to type something into the search field to jump way down into my movie list. It just seems silly to have scroll and scroll and scroll (you get the idea) to move towards the bottom of a 1000+ movie database. Big Grin

Awesome app! .... Even if I do have to scroll and scroll and scroll...LOLOLOL
The iPad as a media center remote is the only reason why I bought an ipad. Constellation is beautiful, I immediately upgraded to the pro version to support you devs, fantastic job!

My one problem however is that not a single TV show is able to list the episode list for a season. I've seen it reported elsewhere in the thread and saw that you said it was fixed, however I'm still shit out of luck :/

I see the season number, and if I hit play, it plays an episode in that tv shows directory, however it doesn't list any episode, of any tv show I have, even though xbmc has all of the proper metadata for all of the shows. (Description of the episode, title, etc)

I'm running XBMC on Windows 7 (latest stable version 10.1)
and Constellation version 1.5.1 any help would be greatly appreciated because this app rocks, and this is the final icing on the cake for me Smile

Keep up the excellent work and thanks for your dedication to a solid application
clipper99 Wrote:OK, finally splurged for Pro version. Now, can I officially request that the movie list gets that A-Z letter column down the right side for quick jumping to movies? Big Grin

That's strange--the A-Z letter column in the Movies list already exists? I'm running this on an iPod Touch.
M3Rocket Wrote:That's strange--the A-Z letter column in the Movies list already exists? I'm running this on an iPod Touch.

Wah! Not here on a iPad 1. Bummer!StareBig Grin
Thx for this app ... It is now my favorite xbmc remote on my iPad.
Still have some question, maybe I'm overlooking something:

How can i directly jump to a song in the music library? Search for a specific song title would also do it.
Great App. Would be even better if the season, episode texts would be transferred too.
Or am I missing something?
Thanks
Hello, and first of all, thanks for this wonderful application!

I had problems with old PVR build and JSON RPC, but managed to fix that with a newest nightly build so that's OK now.

However, the problem I'm having now is that the app doesn't cache the movie posters, episode thumbnails etc. The "Resync local data" -button seems to do absolutely nothing.

The movies show up fine with plot and everything else. For the images, it just displays the iOS loading animation where the image should be.

TV shows display the seasons and episode titles, but every episode I have of every TV show shows that the length of the episode is 01:00:00. Also, same problem with the images, shows only the loading animation.

Any help would be appreciated on how to get the images working.
Kosmosnautti Wrote:TV shows display the seasons and episode titles, but every episode I have of every TV show shows that the length of the episode is 01:00:00. Also, same problem with the images, shows only the loading animation.

Any help would be appreciated on how to get the images working.

It does the same for me until JSON connects and the remote has had time to sync fully with my xbmc, currently running on an atv2 which is a bit lacking in resources! So it can take a few mins to sync the data especially if the database is pretty big, but after that you should be fine give the remote time to connect and you should have no worries!
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
I'm sure this has already been asked but I can't find it in the forum anywhere. Is there a way to just go back one page on the iphone app? The x next to the pad takes me all the way home and I can't find another option.
linie18 Wrote:I'm sure this has already been asked but I can't find it in the forum anywhere. Is there a way to just go back one page on the iphone app? The x next to the pad takes me all the way home and I can't find another option.

Double tap in the gesture zone
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
I downloaded the free app to give it a try. When I try and run the app, I get a black screen for 1 sec, then back to my springboard. Im running ios4.0.1 on my jailbroken phone, could the low ios version be my problem?
Hi,

I'm running the SVN of NEON skin and one of the latest Nightly Builds.

I've bought the Constellation app on both the iPAD and iPhone and think it's fab.... only one issue though

I have all the kids movies in a set, so they are seperated. On the iPhone they show up in the list, however on the iPad they dont... I have to goto the files view to get them...

any thoughts?
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5