• 53(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
FSS_Dawid Wrote:Try setting a username and a password in xbmc... enter it in the app kill the app and start it.

I'm gonna try upgrading my xbmc Live to Eden first, then we'll see.
Which password do you mean? I know of the passwords needed for sources, but no others that I can think of.

Thanks again for the assistance!
dameista Wrote:I'm gonna try upgrading my xbmc Live to Eden first, then we'll see.
Which password do you mean? I know of the passwords needed for sources, but no others that I can think of.

Thanks again for the assistance!

The username/password that Dawid mentioned are those in XBMC's Network Settings. It's the same location where to told XBMC to allow other applications to control it, etc.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Archigos Wrote:The username/password that Dawid mentioned are those in XBMC's Network Settings. It's the same location where to told XBMC to allow other applications to control it, etc.

Oh right, that password Smile Nope, tried that already... (and just tried again, to be sure)
And I just saw that there is no Live version of Eden yet, at least none from xbmcfreak, which are awesome. Guess I'll have to wait then. :/
the iphone4 constellation icon is a low-res icon, shall we have an high-res icon? Big Grin
joethefox Wrote:the iphone4 constellation icon is a low-res icon, shall we have an high-res icon? Big Grin
Yes Big Grin
but the next release 1.9.1 will be focused mainly on ipad it's a giant release the iphone app will get much more better in 1.9.2 and optimized for retina.

@all
If you like xbmc constellation you should check out our new app

Kind regards Wink
What is the date for the new version? xbmc wanted to start the application.
I can't verify a timeline for the new release, but I can say it is well worth the wait. Dawid wasn't kidding about a large change log (for the iPad). Some of these changes are wonderful and some are even unexpected (in a good way). Some of the more critical questions/comments have been addressed.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Lets hope .png backgrounds is one Wink Smile
Sorry for the delay, I just didn't want to over step my bounds and say something that was supposed to be secret. So I'll put it this way, Dawid wasn't kidding about the large number of changes and features in the upcoming 1.9.1 (still in beta).

I'll state for new readers of the thread, I do not work with/for FSS (the creators of XBMC Constellation and Plex Constellation) and am just a tester for them.

Now, onto some of the features:
m0v1em4n Wrote:Lets hope .png backgrounds is one
Sadly, this isn't fixed (yet) and is currently on the list for being in 1.9.2. It's actively being looked at though.
---
EDIT: In the latest beta I'm testing the transparency issue has been fixed... It no longer adds the white background after app has been closed and reopened.

Now, for 'some' of the new/fixed features:
A change to the Home Screen
The Free Version
The Pro Version
As you can see, more of the home screen is used by showing five items across instead of one. You can also swipe each section to get two more sets of five to show (15 total for each).

Changed "Watched" Status
No longer a small check mark that can be hard to see on certain posters.

Apple Settings Window

Library Update Progress Bar (and Remote area)
The progress bar here grows during sync as you'd expect, I just took the screenshot before it started. For the top row of 'special' buttons above the remote are:
  • Keyboard
  • Add-On's (Pro feature)
  • New "Custom Commands" (Experimental)
  • Twitter
  • Switch Subtitles
  • Download Subtitles
  • Change Audio Stream (Codec)

Experimental Custom Commands
This area can/will become very powerful with how expansive it appears to be with the "Macros" you can set up. So far I've only tested the "Take Screenshot" in "XBMC Builtin Function" which works fine.

--
Note: All orange areas in the screenshots above are not part of the application and something I did after the fact. (I know I'd get comments/PM's if I didn't bother to mention this)
Can't wait.
The Library Sync bar is one of the things I've been wanting
Thanks Archigos for keeping us updated

But

Sorry to say but was expecting more, very disappointing about the .PNG backgrounds,
seem from Archigos post the main item is Custom Commands, suppose the five items will be nice as for the other
Keyboard
Add-On's (Pro feature)
New "Custom Commands" (Experimental)
Twitter
Switch Subtitles
Download Subtitles
Change Audio Stream (Codec)

wasn't they there before just some was not working as they should

will wait for the change log for the full list
m0v1em4n Wrote:Thanks Archigos for keeping us updated

But

Sorry to say but was expecting more, very disappointing about the .PNG backgrounds,
seem from Archigos post the main item is Custom Commands, suppose the five items will be nice as for the other
Keyboard
Add-On's (Pro feature)
Twitter
Switch Subtitles
Download Subtitles

I guess that was my fault for the way I wrote the post. Yes that list above most of it was there before and for the most part the Custom Commands was the only new one for the list, but the others were fixed, I just listed what they were for people new to the thread in case they didn't know what they are already. I've gotten PM's a few times with things like "What does the little icon that looks like .... do?" (questions on different buttons, more than once.)

It's true the Custom Commands is kind of a large area of 'new' things, as well as the button I censored out of the first couple images. I think that a lot of people will like that feature once it is complete. There are a lot of things that have changed or been added that don't appear in the screenshots and the above were mainly meant to kind of tease towards the new version.
m0v1em4n Wrote:Thanks Archigos for keeping us updated

But

Keyboard
Add-On's (Pro feature)
Twitter
Switch Subtitles
Download Subtitles

*png backgrounds will be fixed
Some off the features are improved and You can expect 3 new Views (Moules).
Hi

Sorry if the question have been up before but I can't get the controls to work at all. I'm fully connected and I can browse my library and start movies. The remote control buttons however don't work. What am I missing? Pulled out the keyboard and that seemed to work just fine.
mrberzerk Wrote:Hi

Sorry if the question have been up before but I can't get the controls to work at all. I'm fully connected and I can browse my library and start movies. The remote control buttons however don't work. What am I missing? Pulled out the keyboard and that seemed to work just fine.

We'd need a little more information to be able to help you... what version of Constellation are you running? What type of system is XBMC running on? What version of XBMC? etc.
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5