• 58(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
elite1967 Wrote:Hi,
I have bought your application a few weeks ago.
Works very good, but I found a couple of problems that would like to solve:

1) the JSON connection stays green for few seconds then goes red for another few seconds and then green and then red, etc. So i wonder why it is doing this. All the settings are correct in the XBMC side and all the command works, but I was wondering why this is happening.

2) I have never been able to see the cover, the title and the infos of the movie I've been watching. The top part of the screen always remain like in the picture while watching a movie. How can I fix it?

I am using XBMC Live Dharma 10.1 with Iphone and Ipad Constellation, paid version.

thanks.
JSON RPC TCP port(9090) is not open or it's disabled.
Would you like to join our beta testing team ? PM me :)
XBMC Constellation on Facebook
FSS_Dawid Wrote:I don't know if the XBOX has the JSON-RPC API. And this is a requirement for mostly all the remotes out there. try this:

http://XBOX_IP:8080/jsonrpc
you should get a response:
Code:
JSONRPC active and working

I remember awhile back trying to help someone that still used the Xbox version and another user jumped in and claimed that those versions are too old to have the new JSON API and they stated that they tried to get it to work but from the sounds they aren't able to do it because of the limitations of the Xbox. So sadly, no Xbox version for the time being (or possibly ever) will be able to handle this properly.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
FSS_Dawid Wrote:JSON RPC TCP port(9090) is not open or it's disabled.

Hi FSS_Dawid,
Thanks for your reply.

How can i check if it's open? And how can I open it, if it's closed?
How do I enable it?

I am using XBMC live dharma 10.1.
elite1967 Wrote:Hi FSS_Dawid,
Thanks for your reply.

How can i check if it's open? And how can I open it, if it's closed?
How do I enable it?

I am using XBMC live dharma 10.1.

Quickest way to check if it's open is the way Dawid mentioned a few posts ago. Going to "http://xbmc_ip:8080/jsonrpc" (change the port "8080" to whatever it is set in XBMC). Example, mine would be http://192.168.1.2:85/jsonrpc and you'll get "JSONRPC active and working" if you're fine.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
FSS_Dawid Wrote:O_o Have you tried typing in text fields ? Like in the YouTube plugin ?

Regards

Yes, no text field will work on XBMC. The keypad will work fine within constallation but will not work on any app with text fields in XBMC
Ajasinski Wrote:Yes, no text field will work on XBMC. The keypad will work fine within constallation but will not work on any app with text fields in XBMC

I think the back and forth on this was a language issue. Smile You're correct, using the keyboard on the iPad will work for input into the Constellation app but will NOT allow you to type directly in a text field inside XBMC but that's due to a JSON or HTTP issue.

It's been looked into more than once but without a 'ta-da' moment (someone pointing out a way the API could do this) it's unlikely to show up soon as tracking it done is a complete pain in the butt (if even possible at all).
Archigos Wrote:I think the back and forth on this was a language issue. Smile You're correct, using the keyboard on the iPad will work for input into the Constellation app but will NOT allow you to type directly in a text field inside XBMC but that's due to a JSON or HTTP issue.

It's been looked into more than once but without a 'ta-da' moment (someone pointing out a way the API could do this) it's unlikely to show up soon as tracking it done is a complete pain in the butt (if even possible at all).

Thanks for the clarification, hopefully someone will figure it out! App is still awesome!
Hey,

Tried to read through the thread and I couldn't find anything regardning my problem - sorry if I missed it somewhere. Long thread is long.

Problem:
Black screen on startup when using the free version.

Thing is, my wifi-router its connected to do not have a internet connection - so I'm guessing that the black screen is a result when the app isn't able to load the add banners!?

I'm using a 32mbit 3G connection to my PC (single target modem) and then a cable to a router with Wifi i'm only using for things like this.

Main question is; Would this problem resolve itself if I'd buy the app? Or will the app still want to connect to internet?

Thanks in advance.

/Bobo
Boboman Wrote:Hey,

Tried to read through the thread and I couldn't find anything regardning my problem - sorry if I missed it somewhere. Long thread is long.

Problem:
Black screen on startup when using the free version.

Thing is, my wifi-router its connected to do not have a internet connection - so I'm guessing that the black screen is a result when the app isn't able to load the add banners!?

I'm using a 32mbit 3G connection to my PC (single target modem) and then a cable to a router with Wifi i'm only using for things like this.

Main question is; Would this problem resolve itself if I'd buy the app? Or will the app still want to connect to internet?

Thanks in advance.

/Bobo

Nop this is definitely not the problem. The adds will just not load if you don't have WAN access.

Can you give me some more details?
iPhone/Ipad
OS Version?
JB ?
Would you like to join our beta testing team ? PM me :)
XBMC Constellation on Facebook
I've been using this now for about a week, and purchased the full version. I'm absolutely loving it so far, but I've come across a few issues:

1) I know this was brought up not too long ago in the thread, but I've got all my collections in sets in my library (using the .nfo files), and none of these movies appear in Constellation (even after removing the database/resync). Is there a way to get these to appear/load, even if they don't appear in sets within Constellation?

2) Is there a way to prevent the app from allowing a screen timeout on the iPad? Maybe just allow it to dim after a certain time period (like in XBMC)? It's just irritating when you have to interact with the app every few minutes to prevent the screen timeout and the subsequent reconnection (which causes the notification/15-sec stutter on screen).

3) I've found that if I scroll too quickly through my fairly large (900+) movie collection, it will cause the app to instantly crash. It's also done this (more than once) as I was scrolling more slowly near the bottom of the collection. I don't really know why it would matter where I was scrolling in my library, but it happened several times near the bottom and nowhere else.

My setup: XBMC Dharma 10.1 / Windows 7 32-bit / iPad 1 / paid version of app

Thanks in advance for any help you're able to provide!
Archigos Wrote:I think the back and forth on this was a language issue. Smile You're correct, using the keyboard on the iPad will work for input into the Constellation app but will NOT allow you to type directly in a text field inside XBMC but that's due to a JSON or HTTP issue.

Thats a recent change then... i was able to use the constellation popup keypad to type in a text field within xbmc, for example re-naming movies or searching in the navi-x app etc... I've not tried it recently as my set up has taken a back seat... i'll go have a look!

Edit: Ok so i can still use the constellation keyboard to type directly into text boxes within xbmc...
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
Dajoip...

is there any reason you are sticking with Dharma? there have been so many changes to the inner workings to xbmc with Eden that constellation is geared more to work with those... try updating to a nightly... unless you are using a shared database you should have no issues, and you can always go back to Dharma if you prefer... although that will need a rebuild of the database as eden will upgrade it and it cannot be downgraded after without starting again

Burbulence Wrote:Dajoip...

is there any reason you are sticking with Dharma? there have been so many changes to the inner workings to xbmc with Eden that constellation is geared more to work with those... try updating to a nightly... unless you are using a shared database you should have no issues, and you can always go back to Dharma if you prefer... although that will need a rebuild of the database as eden will upgrade it and it cannot be downgraded after without starting again

No particular reason - just thought I'd stick with the latest official release until the next one (or at least a stable beta/RC) is available. If I were to upgrade, which of these would you recommend I install (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/)? And do I simply install it over my other installation, or is there a process to ensure everything works correctly? Also, are there any compatibility issues with nightlies and any skins, or should they work just fine regardless of the version of XBMC I have installed?

Once I update, which of my issues do you think it will resolve? Hopefully the instant crashes, but are you thinking my sets will work correctly then too? And is there a screensaver/dimming option that could prevent the timeout/reconnection/stutter?
dajoip Wrote:No particular reason - just thought I'd stick with the latest official release until the next one (or at least a stable beta...?) is available. If I were to upgrade, which of these would you recommend I install (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/)? And do I simply install it over my other installation, or is there a process to ensure everything works correctly?

Once I update, which of my issues do you think it will resolve? Hopefully the instant crashes, but are you thinking my sets will work correctly then too? And is there a screensaver/dimming option that could prevent the timeout/reconnection/stutter?

just go for the latest one, its trial and error really, well for me anyway, i just keep trying till i find one that works well and stick with that, i'm on 22 Nov build currently and it works fine.

As far as which issues it should solve i have a big collection too maybe not quite 900 movies but i have had mine crash sometimes scrolling fast, through my list but not very often. so should help there.

I have no problems with movie sets and use .nfo's for this too, although i did use XWMM to set them up, (great addon if you want to redo your movie sets).

it might even solve the stutter as i cant say as i remember seeing any on my set up, but that could be a hardware speed issue, all i can say is try it!
Good Luck!Big Grin

dajoip Wrote:I've been using this now for about a week, and purchased the full version. I'm absolutely loving it so far, but I've come across a few issues:

1) I know this was brought up not too long ago in the thread, but I've got all my collections in sets in my library (using the .nfo files), and none of these movies appear in Constellation (even after removing the database/resync). Is there a way to get these to appear/load, even if they don't appear in sets within Constellation?
As far as I know, this should have been fixed awhile back. What host system are you using for XBMC? (Win, Mac, Linux, ATV, etc.)

Quote:2) Is there a way to prevent the app from allowing a screen timeout on the iPad? Maybe just allow it to dim after a certain time period (like in XBMC)? It's just irritating when you have to interact with the app every few minutes to prevent the screen timeout and the subsequent reconnection (which causes the notification/15-sec stutter on screen).
The "Prevent Sleep" feature is coming soon (no idea what they are going to call it though) since I just brought it up with them again about an hour or so ago. Also, in the "Apple Settings" (not Constellation) there is (will be) a setting to turn off the notification being sent to XBMC (I don't remember if it was in 1.5.1 or just the newer stuff since I don't have an old version to test).

Quote:3) I've found that if I scroll too quickly through my fairly large (900+) movie collection, it will cause the app to instantly crash. It's also done this (more than once) as I was scrolling more slowly near the bottom of the collection. I don't really know why it would matter where I was scrolling in my library, but it happened several times near the bottom and nowhere else.
My guess is that you did this fast scrolling either while it was doing a sync or just after one finished (and it was still polling the images in) and this issue has been worked on a lot and for the most part is a 'non-issue' now in the new version. (It may still happen sometimes, but no where near as often)

@Burbulence
You're right about the keyboard thing... I was having an issue on my iPad (with a different app) that most likely screwed with it for me. I tested using the keyboard against a Dharma copy on a different system and it didn't work though (may be his computer since he's always screwing with that too).

@dajoip (again)
You can use any of the new releases from that link (try to grab the absolute latest). Once you download the newest Nightly you'd just install it over itself, no 'special preparation' needed, however, as Burbulence said, it will update your database files for XBMC so first run make take a little longer for you to see your media (maybe by seconds, not minutes or anything). The latest Nightly should take care of your Movie Sets issue, but the other crashes mentioned may still happen until the next version of Constellation gets released. Follow the suggestion below to minimize those issues (for now).

-- For anyone on 1.5.1 that experience crashes when 'fast scrolling' your library. --
1.) Constellation updates it library every time it opens so just give it a couple seconds before you really do much scrolling if you have a large database. (This is more noticeable when you do a fresh or forced sync)
2.) If you've added a lot of new content since the last time you opened the app, scroll the section kind of slow and let it grab all the images for the content on the screen before moving farther down, repeat this until you get to the bottom of the list. Once the images are in place that first time it shouldn't happen again.
Thankfully in the newer versions there is a status bar showing the library sync which will make this easier on users and ways of speeding up the sync (of data and images) are always being looked into.
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5