• 63(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
Nemphys Wrote:Love the app, purchased it 5' after installing the free version.
I have been waiting all week for the new version with livetv support (I am an old user of the pvr branch, even contributed a little).
I just upgraded, but when I press the livetv button, i just get an empty screen. I am running the latest (including today's commits) xbmc pvr version (from the master branch of opdenkamp, not a precompiled ppa version). I saw some changes pushed by Lars concerning json 2-3 days ago, maybe something changed in the code.
Any ideas?

@Nemphys there is only one thing that can go wrong hear... You are using mysql @ a db for channels and epg ? Smile For now you have to use the std db(sqlite) one.

regards
Would you like to join our beta testing team ? PM me :)
XBMC Constellation on Facebook
Hvyprq Wrote:Great app.

Couple of suggestions / questions. Can't seem to turn off including artists that are only in compilations in artist view? Really annoying when u have lots of compilations.

I find the navigation to get back to the prior page when drilling down into artists confusing. A simple back button would make it a lot more intuitive

Turn it off in XBMC and resync.
FSS_Dawid Wrote:@Nemphys there is only one thing that can go wrong hear... You are using mysql @ a db for channels and epg ? Smile For now you have to use the std db(sqlite) one.

regards

What could possibly be the reason for that?? I am also using mysql for movies and music databases and they are working fine! I switched to mysql for tv/epg, as sqlite is WAY to slow on epg/channel updates (I have ~2000 channels).
Please explain the cause of the problem and I might fix it in XBMC
Nemphys Wrote:What could possibly be the reason for that?? I am also using mysql for movies and music databases and they are working fine! I switched to mysql for tv/epg, as sqlite is WAY to slow on epg/channel updates (I have ~2000 channels).
Please explain the cause of the problem and I might fix it in XBMC

It's not a XBMC problem more of a lack of functionality.
The JSON RPC for the PVR branch is totally ignored. I have added some basic functions to XBMC https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/pull/355. But as you can see there is no data serialization added. I have started adding those to xbmc but it's going to take me some time to do it / test it. you can of course help me out Smile. for now the app just download the MyTVXX.db if you dont have the file it will not work... Smile

Regards
Dawid
FSS_Dawid Wrote:It's not a XBMC problem more of a lack of functionality.
The JSON RPC for the PVR branch is totally ignored. I have added some basic functions to XBMC https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/pull/355. But as you can see there is no data serialization added. I have started adding those to xbmc but it's going to take me some time to do it / test it. you can of course help me out Smile. for now the app just download the MyTVXX.db if you dont have the file it will not work... Smile

Regards
Dawid

Do you mean that the app actually downloads the epg database? This definitely needs some work on xbmc side. I can help, but I am really busy at the moment and don't have much time to spend on this.
Btw, I also noticed (after switching to sqlite and got it working) that on every channel switch the gui goes back to the channel list and then starts playing the new channel. I suppose this is not the desired behavior; it should perform the channel switch like pressing up/down on full screen view. Will take a look at json code in xbmc as soon as I can and see if I can propose some changes there
Nemphys Wrote:Do you mean that the app actually downloads the epg database? This definitely needs some work on xbmc side. I can help, but I am really busy at the moment and don't have much time to spend on this.
Btw, I also noticed (after switching to sqlite and got it working) that on every channel switch the gui goes back to the channel list and then starts playing the new channel. I suppose this is not the desired behavior; it should perform the channel switch like pressing up/down on full screen view. Will take a look at json code in xbmc as soon as I can and see if I can propose some changes there
This can be fixed asap I will submit patch for this today / tomorrow to xbmc. If the PVR manger is playing use channels switch instead of openstrem Smile that simple Wink

>Do you mean that the app actually downloads the epg database
Yes.
@Nemphys
https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/pull/371
Hello,

I'm using the dreambox plugin an can watch tv.
The channel ist is shown in xbmc (computer) but not in constellation,
the active channel is shown.

How can I get the channels on ipad?

Consetellation is the perfect xbmc remote software!

Greetings
Loki555 Wrote:Hello,

Greetings

Hi
Glad to hear that you like it Smile
You have to be using XBMC - PVR Builds = > PPA 57 you should have a "Live TV" section in XBMC.

Regards
Dawid
Loki555 Wrote:Hello,

Greetings

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=961...tcount=922

Only works on nightly's.
FSS_Dawid Wrote:It's not a XBMC problem more of a lack of functionality.

Regards
Dawid

I just took a quick look at the code and I think it should not be so hard to implement sending of the epg through json (instead of downloading the actual database and reading it locally on the iPad). But if there is no data serialization implementation, it would become quite difficult. Please inform me if I can help you somehow (point me to your work in progress?)
Hello,

the app looks very cool and its nice but i ve a problem, i did the whole setup like in the video on youtube but it wont work right i got a yellow light in the left top corner.
i can use it as a remote and watch youtube vids over it and streaming to the tv but thats it, can somebody help me plz?

i ve a
AppleTv2 XBMC PRE-11.0
iPad1 Constellation 1.9.1
and i ve a external hdd on my apple router

thx
and I never buy apps. It has turned the ipad my mother-in-law gave us into a fantastic remote for our Media Center.

one small request though:

do you think it would be possible to view the 'Artist' tab as a list? I have a very large music collection and don't have the time or inclination to go in and make sure there's art for every artist folder. Could I maybe view it as a big list? This would make scrolling through hundreds of artists easier and prettier.

thanks for all your hard work!
two questions. In order to use the live tv function in this app, I need to have a tuner card installed on my pc? The other question is, in a future update, will we be able to sort our library using fan art?
eldelxl Wrote:two questions. In order to use the live tv function in this app, I need to have a tuner card installed on my pc? The other question is, in a future update, will we be able to sort our library using fan art?

Q1.) Yes, you need the following:
  • TV Tuner installed in system running XBMC
  • A "Backend" for the tuner (TVHeadend, MediaPortal, etc.)
  • A PVR version of XBMC running

Q2.) Sorting by Fan Art... Although as most can tell, I probably have the most access to information about Constellation outside the development team, but I don't have access to an actual 'feature' or 'to-do' list. I haven't heard any comments in regards to this type of sorting planned, but I can ask about it next time I speak to them. However, please do not view this comment as 'this feature will be added' or that I will have confirmation either way. I'll just try to respond back with whatever I'm told (if they don't respond first).
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5