• 65(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
gauster Wrote:I have purchased the pro version and updated to version 1.91 but some features do not function. I am assuming that most the features for the remote are for stored or network content and not just streaming. The audio control does nothing and I never see the items ion the screen on the remote. If I am in the search feature of Navi,Icefilms or so forth the keyboard drop down acts erratic. When I start to typeafter 4 letters it goes into a search. I have 2 solid green lights indicating everything is connected. Any ideas or are most features reserved for stored content? Thanks for any input

From your description it sounds like you have xbmc on an atv2, if that's so the audio (volume) control will not work until the xbmc devs sort out the audio engine for a future release. Google xbmc audio engine branch for more info
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
FSS_Dawid Wrote:Hi
Glad to hear that you like it Smile
You have to be using XBMC - PVR Builds = > PPA 57 you should have a "Live TV" section in XBMC.

Regards
Dawid

I use a PVR Build already but the dreambox is linked with a plugin to be placed in Video section not in live tv. I don´t know how to use the dreambox as tuner so if some one can help me my christmas would be saved :-)

Yes with the plugin I can watch tv already but on my ipad I can not see the channel list, only the live watched channel is shown.
gauster Wrote:I have purchased the pro version and updated to version 1.91 but some features do not function. I am assuming that most the features for the remote are for stored or network content and not just streaming. The audio control does nothing and I never see the items ion the screen on the remote. If I am in the search feature of Navi,Icefilms or so forth the keyboard drop down acts erratic. When I start to typeafter 4 letters it goes into a search. I have 2 solid green lights indicating everything is connected. Any ideas or are most features reserved for stored content? Thanks for any input

I guess you'd consider it 'reserved', but not in the way you think... From what I've noticed while looking at the JSON info (granted, I could easily be wrong about this) but stored content differs a LOT from streaming content via the addons/scripts.

When you say "the audio control does nothing" do you mean while attempting to stream music from one of the addons/scrips? Or do you mean while trying to play music that has already been scanned into your XBMC Music Library?

As far as the keyboard acting erratic while trying to search the addon/script, I think it's more of a problem with either the addon/script or XBMC itself not sending the data quick enough as opposed to an actual issue with Constellation. Picture doing a search on YouTube's website for example while their site is having issues... (Like a DDoS or whatever else they tend to break more and more) and you'd notice that the search bar on that site gets kind of screwed up... same idea here... it's either not processing or sending the data quick enough so Constellation is having to wait for it.

There's a thread on this site (XBMC.MyLibrary) about being able to scan any source into your library (including from addons/scripts) I've never tried it, but if it does work for you, it may help since the majority of JSON stuff is for content already in one of your libraries (Pre-Scanned Content).
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Loki555 Wrote:I use a PVR Build already but the dreambox is linked with a plugin to be placed in Video section not in live tv. I don´t know how to use the dreambox as tuner so if some one can help me my christmas would be saved :-)

Yes with the plugin I can watch tv already but on my ipad I can not see the channel list, only the live watched channel is shown.

My guess is that functionality isn't built into the PVR versions yet or it's a limitation of that addon, either way it sounds like it's an XBMC related issue and not Constellation... Sadly it's a PITA to find a straight forward guide that answers all these types of questions...

You may want to try searching the forums if you haven't already for something like "Dreambox EPG", "Dreambox Tuner", or similar and see if others have found a way to do it.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Loki555 Wrote:I use a PVR Build already but the dreambox is linked with a plugin to be placed in Video section not in live tv. I don´t know how to use the dreambox as tuner so if some one can help me my christmas would be saved :-)

have a look @
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96635
Would you like to join our beta testing team ? PM me :)
XBMC Constellation on Facebook
Hey Guys.

Amazing app. The interface is just gorgeous.
I've got 2 questions:

a) I bought Constellation on my iPad. When trying to restore my purchase on my iPhone, I'm asked if I want to buy the app. Am I doing something wrong or is it just a Misunderstanding the the in-app purchase on my iPad is also legit for the iPhone?

b) Am I doing something wrong, if constellation has to reload the movie/tv-shows data every time I restart it? Is the library not saved locally?

With kind regards from Austria,
Philipp
Archigos Wrote:If you're using the MythTV backend in a PVR version of XBMC then yes, the new version will give you the program guide like I saw in that apps screenshots. If you mean more then just the EPG you'll have to be more specific.

Can you post a link to the screenshots with PVR function? Or ex. a demonstration video of the PVR feature?
viellieb Wrote:Hey Guys.

Amazing app. The interface is just gorgeous.
I've got 2 questions:

a) I bought Constellation on my iPad. When trying to restore my purchase on my iPhone, I'm asked if I want to buy the app. Am I doing something wrong or is it just a Misunderstanding the the in-app purchase on my iPad is also legit for the iPhone?

b) Am I doing something wrong, if constellation has to reload the movie/tv-shows data every time I restart it? Is the library not saved locally?

With kind regards from Austria,
Philipp

A) After upgrading to Pro on the iPad, when you try to 'restore' the purchase on the iPhone you have to make sure it's associated to the SAME Apple ID (Same iTunes account). It's recommended that after you unlock Pro (on either device) you do a normal Sync to your computer (it'll help iTunes realize it's been unlocked) and then Sync the app back to the other device, at which point you try to restore purchase. This isn't required, but I've noticed it has helped some people in the past.

B) You aren't doing anything wrong, Thumbnails of your images are stored locally on the device, but I'm not sure of the database. I know it does store a small database in regards to the PVR versions, for EPG reasons. If the Video/Music libraries are stored locally on the device technically doesn't matter the way the software is currently programmed as it will check the database each time you start the app to match it to whatever XBMC currently shows.
rasmuskarlsen Wrote:Can you post a link to the screenshots with PVR function? Or ex. a demonstration video of the PVR feature?

There was a YouTube video posted by Dawid recently (taken via a cell phone camera I think) where he showed off the EPG and just basically demo'd parts of it (showing both Constellation input and the results on XBMC)... I'm sure the link isn't more than a couple pages back at most.

--Edit--
YouTube Link
Archigos Wrote:A) After upgrading to Pro on the iPad, when you try to 'restore' the purchase on the iPhone you have to make sure it's associated to the SAME Apple ID (Same iTunes account). It's recommended that after you unlock Pro (on either device) you do a normal Sync to your computer (it'll help iTunes realize it's been unlocked) and then Sync the app back to the other device, at which point you try to restore purchase. This isn't required, but I've noticed it has helped some people in the past.

B) You aren't doing anything wrong, Thumbnails of your images are stored locally on the device, but I'm not sure of the database. I know it does store a small database in regards to the PVR versions, for EPG reasons. If the Video/Music libraries are stored locally on the device technically doesn't matter the way the software is currently programmed as it will check the database each time you start the app to match it to whatever XBMC currently shows.

Hey Archigos,

thanks a lot for the amazingly quick response, I'm impressed Big Grin

A) unfortunately that didn't do the trick. Do you have any other ideas/tipps? Or shall I ask the guys at fss.cc support?

B) Strange things. Today I opened the app without a connection. TV shows were here. Movies not.
The TV-Show Infos were there, but the thumbs look as if there was only a preview saved
(https://photos-2.dropbox.com/i/xl/I2zJJU...6%2040.png)

and by tapping on a thumb, the screen gets black, as if there's no file saved.
Weird things happening ;-)
viellieb Wrote:Hey Archigos,

thanks a lot for the amazingly quick response, I'm impressed Big Grin

A) unfortunately that didn't do the trick. Do you have any other ideas/tipps? Or shall I ask the guys at fss.cc support?

B) Strange things. Today I opened the app without a connection. TV shows were here. Movies not.
The TV-Show Infos were there, but the thumbs look as if there was only a preview saved
(https://photos-2.dropbox.com/i/xl/I2zJJU...6%2040.png)

and by tapping on a thumb, the screen gets black, as if there's no file saved.
Weird things happening ;-)

A again) This 'should' work... (wont screw anything up if it doesn't)...
  • Don't touch the app on the iPad (yet)
  • Delete the app from the iPhone
  • Delete the app from inside iTunes on the computer
  • Connect the iPad to computer and right click iPad and "Transfer Purchases"
  • After the app syncs back from iPad to iTunes, sync the app back to the iPhone
  • On iPhone, open Constellation and touch "Go Pro" and attempt to restore purchase again

B again) The dropbox image link you posted didn't seem to work for me. As far as "Weird things happening", you essentially just confirmed what I thought and that the current version does not store a copy of the Database locally, just the image thumbnails. The Show info you saw was just residual info from the last scan which is why it blanked when you tried to open that... when you touched the show it sent the JSON call to confirm it in XBMC's library which it obviously couldn't connect to. If you can fix (or post somewhere else) the image I can take a look.
I just tried out the recording feature, and it doesn't work for me. Nothing happens when i press the Record button. Adding recordings does work when doing it through XBMC. Can't figure out in the logs what is going on.

XBMC.log: http://pastebin.com/4wEGHHpi

Is this something you are aware of?
Quaith Wrote:I just tried out the recording feature, and it doesn't work for me. Nothing happens when i press the Record button. Adding recordings does work when doing it through XBMC. Can't figure out in the logs what is going on.

XBMC.log: http://pastebin.com/4wEGHHpi

Is this something you are aware of?

Are you using a PVR build of XBMC? I haven't checked the log yet and probably wont have the time for awhile, but figured we'd get this question out of the way.
Archigos Wrote:Are you using a PVR build of XBMC? I haven't checked the log yet and probably wont have the time for awhile, but figured we'd get this question out of the way.

Yes, my build is about 2 days old from the opdenkamp git. I tuned to a channel just to show you that that part is working.
Archigos Wrote:A again) This 'should' work... (wont screw anything up if it doesn't)...
  • Don't touch the app on the iPad (yet)
  • Delete the app from the iPhone
  • Delete the app from inside iTunes on the computer
  • Connect the iPad to computer and right click iPad and "Transfer Purchases"
  • After the app syncs back from iPad to iTunes, sync the app back to the iPhone
  • On iPhone, open Constellation and touch "Go Pro" and attempt to restore purchase again

B again) The dropbox image link you posted didn't seem to work for me. As far as "Weird things happening", you essentially just confirmed what I thought and that the current version does not store a copy of the Database locally, just the image thumbnails. The Show info you saw was just residual info from the last scan which is why it blanked when you tried to open that... when you touched the show it sent the JSON call to confirm it in XBMC's library which it obviously couldn't connect to. If you can fix (or post somewhere else) the image I can take a look.

I can't believe that you don't work for the FSS guys. You're better than most support teams. Thanks a lot!

a) Thanks a lot for that detailed description. I did it now exactly as you described, but it didn't help - even though your way seems completely logical. Weird.

b) What I was trying to explain is, that I have the complete opposite happening over here. Thumbnails are - when not connected - of low quality. Tapping on the (which normally opens the fanart in full size and quality leads to a black screen (as if the grfx wasn't there)). The Infos about the shows are here, even the episodes.
Hope sugarsync works and the screenshot helps:
https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D787967_977283_8888846
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5