[LINUX] Problems with an install on Karmic minimal
I had been using XBMC successfully for over a year now using karmic minimal, and the XCI.sh script to install XBMC. Computer is an Acer Aspire Revo 3610.
Tuesday night I did aptitude safe-upgrade, as I do every month or two.

Once the updates finished I had a broken XBMC install. Figured I would start fresh so I reinstalled Karmic minimal, and used the latest XCI script to install and configure XBMC.

After I get XBMC installed and I reboot, I get the initial splash screen that the XCI script sets up, and then I get put right to a terminal login screen. TTY7 has a blank screen with a blinking cursor.

I have tried using the Team PPA, I think the XCI script is using the iQuik PPA which should be pretty similar or identical.

Any ideas? The family likes having the standalone XBMC environment so that they can just boot the PC right into XBMC. It ran really slick for over a year with this setup. From what it appears the version of XBMC that I am getting is either broken or the XCI script is messing it up.
I tried also totally removing all XBMC packages, and just using aptitude to install the whole thing. After resolving dependency problems I end up in the same place.

Edit: I appreciate any help or suggestions. I worked on this all evening today. Due to my work schedule I am going to bed, but I can field suggestions/comments/questions in the morning.
Any reason to keep running Karmic?
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
I just kept using it because it always worked for me before. The XCI script was designed around Karmic, and some people had problems on newer versions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Problems with an install on Karmic minimal0